Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok so just wanted to let you ( my tesla fam ) know, getting some comments about my grammar and spelling. My parents from Croatia, me born raised in Sweden, moved to US 2006. English is my second language, if I offend someone I apologize that's not my attention. Well now you know :) still the most informative/fun forums that am active in for sure. You guys are the best. Pray for the Vin's to come for you all today.

America: The only country where the majority of people only speak one language (myself sadly included) and are critical of those who speak English as a 2nd or 3rd language.

No worries here though. Tesla is the only language spoken.

Got actual dates this morning (10/21-11/10) instead of either blank or the generic “October”. I’m fine with those dates, didn’t order til 7/14. Besides I’d rather get an early quarter order as opposed to a late quarter one. Still feel for you May order folks though. I see some of you have similar EDD timeframes as me. I’d be livid.

Back to 8/29 - 9/18 from October.

Anyone else find that a drawback of waiting is that every time a Model Y drives by in a different color you think, wow I really like that maybe I should've gotten that color? Just this morning I saw a black with white interior and I weaved in and out of traffic to catch up to it (another problem with waiting for your car - the reckless attempt to catch a Y in traffic). Yesterday it was a blue.
I actually groan every time I see a Model Y on the road. Did a lot of groaning on my 4-day trip to Blowing Rock, NC this weekend.

Got actual dates this morning (10/21-11/10) instead of either blank or the generic “October”. I’m fine with those dates, didn’t order til 7/14. Besides I’d rather get an early quarter order as opposed to a late quarter one. Still feel for you May order folks though. I see some of you have similar EDD timeframes as me. I’d be livid.
I got the same date range, but mine was the generic December, so I guess they took both those generics and made a compromise?

I think with EVs, a lot of existing frameworks and paradigms will be completely restructured. For instance, without an engine and traditional auto/manual transmission, vehicle design can be completely reimagined. No more coupe, sedan, crossover, SUV, minivan, etc. - there will be many more inter-segment vehicles that could be categorized across multiple segments. Location of battery, passenger compartment, seats, cargo areas, etc. do not necessarily have to be where they've always been, and it'll be interesting to see more creative designs.

Likewise, traditionally notions of premium and luxury will also need to be redefined with EVs. Old school auto journalists and industry analysts have to fit in range, charging efficiency, and battery design into existing frameworks of what makes a car "luxurious" or "premium". It'll take time to normalize and in the interim there will be gray areas, as long as the new genre of EVs are still simultaneously competing against other EVs as well as ICE vehicles.
Tesla is like a different type of Car Manufacturer. Other car brands separate their cars into two brands one Luxury the other Mainstream, hence Lincoln and Ford. Tesla is putting all their cars together, under one platform. They are planning to have cars from 20K to 150K all under one roof. Which is not something seen before. Tesla will be Tesla. We can always create a new word do the type of car Teslas are. Like Ultra-Premium, this way its not sitting with Mazda, but feels like it's sitting with low end Luxurys like BMW X1, X2, X3 or Mercedes GLA, GLB, GLC or Audi Q3. Plus look how cute the word looks. ULTRAPREMIUM

Reactions: PatrickTM
OMG OMG OMG.. I finally received a date range.. When i ordered, it showed "October" honestly didnt (and still dont) expect a car in 2021.. But today, i actually received a date range..
1628603724286.png

Tesla is like a different type of Car Manufacturer. Other car brands separate their cars into two brands one Luxury the other Mainstream, hence Lincoln and Ford. Tesla is putting all their cars together, under one platform. They are planning to have cars from 20K to 150K all under one roof. Which is not something seen before. Tesla will be Tesla. We can always create a new word do the type of car Teslas are. Like Ultra-Premium, this way its not sitting with Mazda, but feels like it's sitting with low end Luxurys like BMW X1, X2, X3 or Mercedes GLA, GLB, GLC or Audi Q3. Plus look how cute the word looks. ULTRAPREMIUM

If were an employee at the Tesla Delivery Center near you I'd find you on Uber/Lyft (whichever you're on) and when you arrived to pick me up I'd be there with your Model Y.

But that's just me.