Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another day, another day. This time the dates got a little too close together, the end date started feeling a little uncomfortable as it is a very shy, very introverted end date. Alas, it decided it was best to be further away from the early date and keep that gap as big as possible.

I am now at August 25 - September 11 for my May 8th #teamblue order. Forever and always "two weeks" away...

This really is a terrible experience. I ordered 94 days ago and it has been a little over a month now where the early date has moved out one day every day as it has with so many here. They truly do make it seem like it will just never come. I am so jaded now. I refresh my account each morning knowing it will be one day later and at least they have met that expectation every day for over a month... :rolleyes:

Has anyone received an email from Tesla with subject “ Get to know your Model Y” ? I did receive same email this morning. At first I thought it was some sort of phishing email, then I clicked on the link anyway, that’s bad!, and I don’t think it had anything to do with delivering the car as I just ordered my MYP on August 5th, so that’s impossible.

In addition, I received a confirmation email with a Microsoft Teams link chat for August 12th, so I think this is a group chat so that you can ask questions, etc. etc. like I said, I ordered on 8/5, have got no VIN, so this is just a “PR” stunt if you ask me.

Thoughts?
I got the same email light night and thought the same but then I got my vin same time. OD 5/6. Edd 8/10-8/14

Reactions: GoGators!
So turns out getting a VIN still means you’ll have quite the wait lol. Ordered 7/14, VIN 7/26, EDD was 8/9-8/17, and today, the EDD updated to 8/22-8/30. Called the local SC recently and was told my vehicle is still in production (which is what I was told in a previous text message) and expected to complete production by the end of the week. Not keeping my fingers crossed lol.

MYLR, MSM, Black interior, 5-seats, Induction wheels, no FSD

Reactions: drivethefuture
What qualifies as winter tho. Only snow? What about just somewhere that gets cold like high 30s. Am I expected to swap tires out?
Pirelli says the P-Zero on the performance may start to experience compound cracking at 45 degree ambient temperature and lower - this is when your tires turn to hockey pucks.

Had a BMW M3 and made the mistake of waiting too long to swap out for the winter wheels and tires I had at my buddy's shop, one morning in late october it was low 30's and the performance summer tires I had on basically just spun.

Recommend going with aftermarket wheels and tires for anyone in a "winter" climate, 21" winter tires aren't going to have enough tread depth to deal with any snow or ice conditions worse than a dusting - experienced this myself. Recommend going down to 18" or 19" wheels and tires.

So turns out getting a VIN still means you’ll have quite the wait lol. Ordered 7/14, VIN 7/26, EDD was 8/9-8/17, and today, the EDD updated to 8/22-8/30. Called the local SC recently and was told my vehicle is still in production (which is what I was told in a previous text message) and expected to complete production by the end of the week. Not keeping my fingers crossed lol.

I feel like you might win for speediest order and vin + delivery of a standard MYLR vs a MYP. 7/14 then 12 days later vin, and essentially a week out from delivery. Who do you have dirt on? And what is it, the rest of us would like to know!

So turns out getting a VIN still means you’ll have quite the wait lol. Ordered 7/14, VIN 7/26, EDD was 8/9-8/17, and today, the EDD updated to 8/22-8/30
Ooohh....interesting for us fellow Texans because we all have the same EDD range as you but most (all but one?) of us don't have VINs yet. I will just go with the thinking that our cars are also in production right now with yours.

Maybe my MSM is in production this week and they just haven’t told me :)

Tesla is like a different type of Car Manufacturer. Other car brands separate their cars into two brands one Luxury the other Mainstream, hence Lincoln and Ford. Tesla is putting all their cars together, under one platform. They are planning to have cars from 20K to 150K all under one roof. Which is not something seen before. Tesla will be Tesla. We can always create a new word do the type of car Teslas are. Like Ultra-Premium, this way its not sitting with Mazda, but feels like it's sitting with low end Luxurys like BMW X1, X2, X3 or Mercedes GLA, GLB, GLC or Audi Q3. Plus look how cute the word looks. ULTRAPREMIUM
I get what you're saying, don't disagree. Tesla is sort of creating its own category of Premium EV. But like others have said previously, price isn't a good determinant of luxury or premium.

Nissan is not a premium brand or luxury brand, but some of their offers are quite luxurious. And yes, they sell a basic $15k Versa that gets you around reliably and cheaply, and a $211k GT-R NISMO that will kick serious ass.

haven't heard of Tesla assigning VIN before production. You ordered on 7/14 and got VIN on 7/26. . Are you son of Elon Musk?

What qualifies as winter tho. Only snow? What about just somewhere that gets cold like high 30s. Am I expected to swap tires out?

If you're not seeing freezing temps, then you can probably get away with summer only tires. For me it was also an issue with the road conditions where I live. I've learned the hard way with low profile tires how quickly the cost adds up on blown tires & bent rims.