Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EDD was getting closer and a smaller range for me till this morning when it took a big jump the wrong direction this morning! Now October 14-November 3! The order page still lists a generic 5-7wks for MYP, so I'm a bit surprised...although for all I know it will be back to normal tomorrow.

It seems a bit like everyone's delivery dates are either just about imminent or mid-Oct or later. I wonder if there's a bit of a hole in the timeline where deliveries and production slow/halt as production switches to TX soon.

Ordered LR 7/27
7/27: November
7/30: December

Switched to MYP (Red/Blk/Tow)
8/1: 7-9 wks
8/2: 6-8 wks
8/3: Aug 19-Sep 08
8/9: Aug 21-Sep 02
8/10: Oct 14-Nov 03

Not to take away discussion from here, but would anyone be interested in joining a Discord as we all wait? Just made one (I'm not a professional Discord admin) in my signature. I tried joining other Tesla ones, but they're larger groups and don't just pertain to the MY and EDD hell 😂
Could you explain to me the purpose of a discord? I've had several other invites like this on different topics and I just don't understand how it is different from a typical forum?

Reactions: VaTech
I am now wondering what happens to my Tesla financing lol. I have my vin, and delivery date scheduled, but my financing approval is set to expire on August 13th, which is before my delivery date of Aug 23rd. I wonder if Tesla will pull another Tesla and make me go through reapproval again. Anyone go through this situation?
I have a VIN but delivery not scheduled yet and I applied for financing on June 10 so I expect it to expire. Will post what happens.

Got so swamped today at work forgot to update for those locally. Got the long awaited text to set up appointment and make final payment. Delivery scheduled for 8/20 but may be as early as 8/18. SA say it is on the train heading this way. View attachment 694967
I tried to click that link. I knew nothin would happen but just wanted to feel something even if just for a millisecond

• Funny
Reactions: MMurrayGA
Could you explain to me the purpose of a discord? I've had several other invites like this on different topics and I just don't understand how it is different from a typical forum?
To be honest I just like following conversations in real time. Not a lot of people have joined (okay two have) so there's not a lot of discussion there. But pages move quickly here! I refresh here more than I do my Tesla page. But it's not for everyone. Just wanted to see if anyone would be interested :)

So because I have no life besides checking my EDD and Tesla in general:

Tesla Apologizes to Model S Customers for Delays

What struck me was Elektrik’s hypothesis that Tesla is prioritizing orders made more recently to take advantage of the price increases.

Pay more, get quicker is what they seem to be claiming, I hope that is not the case.

Obviously they are producing MYP more quickly than MYLR, however I would be curious to know if:
1. MYP and MYLR share an assembly line (where producing a MYLR or MYP becomes a zero sum game) or if they are separate assembly lines where one is not produced at the expense of the other.
2. If MYLR and MYP are separate assembly lines (per this article), is Tesla prioritizing delivery for customers who are paying $53,990 over those paying $49,990/$50,990/$52,990 etc.
I think the Model S delivery issues are a bit different though. My hypothesis is that it has something to do with the refresh. If I am remembering correctly, it's people who placed orders for the new Model S that have really delayed/unknown "delivery" dates. The Model Y is being impacted by supply shortages for sure, but doesn't have anything to the degree of the Model S's refresh to impact it.

Could be wrong, but just my initial thoughts.

I think the Model S delivery issues are a bit different though. My hypothesis is that it has something to do with the refresh. If I am remembering correctly, it's people who placed orders for the new Model S that have really delayed/unknown "delivery" dates. The Model Y is being impacted by supply shortages for sure, but doesn't have anything to the degree of the Model S's refresh to impact it.

Could be wrong, but just my initial thoughts.
Completely valid and probably closer to correct than mine.

I will admit that not a small part of me wishes that there was some attention drawn by those that draw Telsa's attention (the blogs) to the relatively crappy experience we've all had. It seems like Teslas Public Affairs is entirely reactive, but extremely sensitive to the action that triggers their reaction.

Not trying to get all poopy pants or conspiracy theory-y, but I just had a few Pumpkin Spice Lagers and...getting poopy pants and conspiracy theory-y.

Last edited:
Saw a post and figured it’s worth a shot for me. Anyone have a DCU referral? Right now my loan is with navy federal credit union and I’d like it to stay with them but if I get a lower % then I can always just try to refinance with NFU later
Have you not tried USAA? Only ask because you have NFCU. I'm using USAA, 1.70% I believe is what I got quoted at.

Hi everyone! So it does appear they are shipping out the MYP faster than I expected. I was told by my SA September/October build dates.

Knowing what a roller coaster it’s been during my journey waiting. I feel a sense of guilt receiving my VIN today. Especially knowing there are multiple people who have April/May order dates. Just want to say thank you again for all the great peeps on this forum!!

This morning when I checked my EDD for the 400th time it was 8/12-8/22. Then I happen to receive an email from Tesla requesting cash final payment. I needed to have it switched to finance. So I quickly texted the SA that I interacted with a day after my order date 7/19. It was crickets for a few hours and decided to call the 800#. They switched it right away and finance was approved within minutes (2.49 I’ll take it so it will be less hassle). Haven’t received the text to schedule delivery yet. But, my current delivery date is stating 8/12-8/15. Super excited and want to send positive vibes and some Aloha spirit to those that are still waiting! You guys have this and will be roll’n in your beautiful Tesla’s soon!! Mahalo!

Order date 7/19| MYP | MSM | White interior | Tow | No FSD| 8/10: VIN 248### ( no delivery yet 😊)
Cant state How JEALOUS I am but also SUPER happy for you!

tenor.gif