Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is tremendous, that's exactly what I was looking for. So basically the process is that once you're approved and the funding request form is completed USAA just pays Tesla directly for you, other than the down payment amount. No need for cashiers checks or anything like that. So here are a couple of follow-on questions:

Did you need the VIN to complete the loan application with USAA? I assume yes but just wondering.

I'm still a little bit fuzzy on the whole down payment part. How did you find out an amount required, and why do you pay it to Tesla versus USAA (not that who it goes to really matters)? I don't see any links for making any sort of payment like that; under payment methods all I see is my credit card. When I applied I said I'd be paying cash since I figured to Tesla a third party loan is cash. Do those down payment links appear later in the process or do I have to contact an SA to change my payment method? I assume when you said you called the 'gallery' you mean your SC and/or SA?

I've been with USAA almost 40 years but I don't know anything about a 'lower' rate; I haven't applied yet so all I see are the rates in the loan estimator tool. Did you finance for a shorter time period, 60 months or something like that?

Thanks for that response, I had literally no idea how the process works; it seems pretty simple as long as I can actually find a way to talk to an SA!
having a busy day and trying to catch up on this crazy thread...

I did need a VIN to complete the loan, but not to start it. I think USAA keeps these pending for 45 or 60 days.

The down payment was my choice, I told my SA what I wanted to pay for the down payment and he set the MVPA up that way and then when I got my VIN, the amount I said I was going to pay was listed as owed. There is then a button for payment, they want you to use plaid but plaid asks for your bank log in credentials...no thanks. Since USAA partners with Plaid, I had to search for a nonsense string, then say I could not find my bank, then choose to enter the ACH info manually. Entered the routing and account info, and that was it. I did in fact call the main gallery number, rather than my SA, because I think I have had more SAs assigned than I had EDDs, haha, and I never know if my SA is still employed by Tesla or not.

I did do 60 months...that may account for the lower rate, too. Just never looked at doing more, honestly.

Reactions: Wigan
We just sold to vroom and I wish we hadn't. So they started off by sending us the wrong paperwork twice and then we had to keep calling to make sure that they had stuff right. Then the carrier they scheduled just literally never responded to my requests to know when they would be out. It wasn't until I called vroom and said hey I have to pay to keep this car here and your not doing your part what gives... Next day the carrier was out and took our car. The part they don't tell you!!! That 2-3 days to write your check doesn't start till 72 hours after they take your car......... so they have my car and title and I still don't have the money.... I'm not happy with them. They have until tomorrow before I call again and start inquiring as to what they're doing with my money. Don't use Vroom if you can avoid it. save yourself the hassle or if you don't mind the wait use them but keep on top of them to make sure everything happens because the right hand has no clue what the left is doing if you know what I mean.
I just sold my 2020 Model 3 to a company called Driveo - and the experience was great. they offered me a little more than KBB valued the car at, paid off my loan, and handed me a check for the difference in person. Not sure if they are national - but I had a very good experience with them.

Reactions: Jermayan and MBx4
I always thought that too. but sometimes Tesla goes off by order date and delivers cars. I have seen some people who ordered before me and changed config after me got the cars way ahead of me.
Yup, seems like some people make a change and it delays them by months, while others, wait just a few weeks. Same with the stories of people releasing their hold. Some wait a long time, others gets VINs + delivery scheduled pretty quickly. Their queueing system is one of the unsolved mysteries of the universe 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: StealthY
Yup, seems like some people make a change and it delays them by months, while others, wait just a few weeks. Same with the stories of people releasing their hold. Some wait a long time, others gets VINs + delivery scheduled pretty quickly. Their queueing system is one of the unsolved mysteries of the universe 🤷‍♂️
Maybe the SAs get the VIN assignments and determine when to release them to the buyer. Seems like there is a lot of variation with when people are getting notified.

Just a heads up for those of you that have set up your pick up date/time. I’m scheduled to pick up tomorrow 8/13. This morning I answered my cell with a caller ID that said possible spam. It was the Tesla automated system wanting me to verify my pick up. I wonder what would have happed if I didn’t answer and confirm ( by pressing 1). It’s been an interesting purchase process. I know COVID has changed a lot of things. But, Tesla must be so amazing that customers are willing to forgo any sort of customer service and minimal human interaction. I’m sure those feeling will subside once I’m behind the wheel. Sorry about my rant. Looking forward to picking my car up tomorrow!!
I spoke too soon. Just received another call from the potential spam on the caller ID. I was fearing it was going to be someone telling me there was a mistake and that my car isn’t at the delivery center. It was a live person stating my car is ready and if I want to pick it up today. OMG YES!!! 🎉💥

I spoke too soon. Just received another call from the potential spam on the caller ID. I was fearing it was going to be someone telling me there was a mistake and that my car isn’t at the delivery center. It was a live person stating my car is ready and if I want to pick it up today. OMG YES!!! 🎉💥
Interesting, if you Google the number, does it show as a Tesla delivery center?

Reactions: PatrickTM
We have a 1st gen Peloton as well and about 6 months ago received an email from them with a code to upgrade our touchscreen for $400 off (normal price was $750). We actually didn't do it until a month ago when I decided to get it for my wife as an early birthday gift... I'm surprised you didn't get one of those emails as another 1st gen purchaser...

</peloton sidebar>

Also, our SA said our Y is coming in August still, even though our EDD says Nov 10 - 30. 5/14 order date. So yeah...
I replaced the screen pre-pandemic. Did get an email on the new bike, and thinking perhaps it's improved a lot I took a look. Seems with the newer "plus" bike the resistance automatically adjusts based on what the instructor is saying. Not sure I'd want that, as it's not terribly difficult to bump the wheel. The swivel screen means nothing to me as I don't use the bike for anything but cycling. If I were to use the other workouts, I'd stream them to my TV.

Being a Gen1 Peloton bike owner... $700 off the new $2400 bike. And they take the old bike away. No thanks.

We just sold to vroom and I wish we hadn't. So they started off by sending us the wrong paperwork twice and then we had to keep calling to make sure that they had stuff right. Then the carrier they scheduled just literally never responded to my requests to know when they would be out. It wasn't until I called vroom and said hey I have to pay to keep this car here and your not doing your part what gives... Next day the carrier was out and took our car. The part they don't tell you!!! That 2-3 days to write your check doesn't start till 72 hours after they take your car......... so they have my car and title and I still don't have the money.... I'm not happy with them. They have until tomorrow before I call again and start inquiring as to what they're doing with my money. Don't use Vroom if you can avoid it. save yourself the hassle or if you don't mind the wait use them but keep on top of them to make sure everything happens because the right hand has no clue what the left is doing if you know what I mean.
Thanks, good to know. A difference of $1k between the Tesla trade in + tax benefit and Vroom isn't worth the headache of trading in outside of Tesla.

There are people who ordered in July who are getting their cars now. (i ordered in May). The truth is that Tesla is choosing to do this. In any other business, this lack of communication and changing dates would wreck havoc on profitability. There are people who sold their ICE cars because of the delivery dates and now are waiting months for their Tesla. New York State changed its rebate from $2000 to $500 in June so that cost me $1500 hard dollars because Tesla did not honor the 2-week delivery date at order.

I know it is clearly a first world problem. I also think that Elon is taking a calculated gamble that in a few years, when the market supports multiple charging networks, that people will stand by Tesla. If Mr. musk thinks that customer service doesn’t matter, in 3 years I think he’ll be taking a beating. Make a note of it and we can talk about it here in three years. Even the President of the United States is saying that the charging infrastructure will be shored up.

Customer service is not rocket science and Elon could easily appoint a customer service czar for the car business. They know exactly what cars are being made when and where and when and how they will be delivered. They choose to not use that data to relate to their customers. Do you really think that tesla manufacturing, inventory and the supply chain is loosy-goosy? Come on.

I know of people who have multiple orders going on, some performance, some long range, because they will take delivery of the first one and cancel the other orders. That does not help Tesla at all. In any other business, changing committed dates and not communicating is near fatal. Look at spirit airlines over the last week. There’s no guarantee that airline will survive.

Online car purchasing is supposed to be less stressful when compared with buying in a dealer. I agree that ordering the MY on my phone was cool. The lack of communication from and condescension of the SAs in the Galleries, when compared with the premier treatment one gets in BMW, Audi, Merc and Lexus, is way more stressful, IMO. And studies have shown that customers who feel abused eventually vote with their pocketbooks. When there are 20 EVs to choose from and the Supercharger network doesn't much matter, the game changes.

At the end of September, I fear that Tesla will redirect East Coast orders to the west to increase deliveries for their quarter report. Again, we have no recourse.... for now!

There are people who ordered in July who are getting their cars now. (i ordered in May). The truth is that Tesla is choosing to do this. In any other business, this lack of communication and changing dates would wreck havoc on profitability. There are people who sold their ICE cars because of the delivery dates and now are waiting months for their Tesla. New York State changed its rebate from $2000 to $500 in June so that cost me $1500 hard dollars because Tesla did not honor the 2-week delivery date at order.

I know it is clearly a first world problem. I also think that Elon is taking a calculated gamble that in a few years, when the market supports multiple charging networks, that people will stand by Tesla. If Mr. musk thinks that customer service doesn’t matter, in 3 years I think he’ll be taking a beating. Make a note of it and we can talk about it here in three years. Even the President of the United States is saying that the charging infrastructure will be shored up.

Customer service is not rocket science and Elon could easily appoint a customer service czar for the car business. They know exactly what cars are being made when and where and when and how they will be delivered. They choose to not use that data to relate to their customers. Do you really think that tesla manufacturing, inventory and the supply chain is loosy-goosy? Come on.

I know of people who have multiple orders going on, some performance, some long range, because they will take delivery of the first one and cancel the other orders. That does not help Tesla at all. In any other business, changing committed dates and not communicating is near fatal. Look at spirit airlines over the last week. There’s no guarantee that airline will survive.

Online car purchasing is supposed to be less stressful when compared with buying in a dealer. I agree that ordering the MY on my phone was cool. The lack of communication from and condescension of the SAs in the Galleries, when compared with the premier treatment one gets in BMW, Audi, Merc and Lexus, is way more stressful, IMO. And studies have shown that customers who feel abused eventually vote with their pocketbooks. When there are 20 EVs to choose from and the Supercharger network doesn't much matter, the game changes.

At the end of September, I fear that Tesla will redirect East Coast orders to the west to increase deliveries for their quarter report. Again, we have no recourse.... for now!
did it say 2 weeks when you ordered on May 31st? When I ordered on June 3rd it said 9-13 weeks. I'm surprised it moved that far in just 3 days.

so…. it’s not my MYP. but my peloton just arrived. time to get it going to look as good as my car when i picked her up in a week!
Funny! Ours actually arrives tomorrow! EDD is 8/13 from noon to 3 PM 😜

I was skeptical of spending so much on a stationary bike when I am about to take possession of a very expensive car but my wife finally convinced me and she pulled the trigger. Looking forward to trying it out.