Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
try to call this # 888-518-3752 and give them your VIN they should be able to tell you exactly where you’re MY is 😊

Called this number and a very helpful lady let me know mine hadn't left CA yet and would be on a truck Monday. After that I could schedule a specific pickup time. She didn't ask for the VIN, she knew who I was by the phone number and had the status ready to go. So yeah, the customer service experience is very inconsistent reading what some of you all have said about your SA's and others. I've never heard from anyone local, email, text or otherwise, since ordering.

My SA finally got back to me after some time out of the office. She originally stated a Vin happening during the last week of July but that never happened. She advised today that I should expect it within 48 hours and that things got delayed by *2 weeks* due to the bioweapon defense production shift.

I’m skeptical, but still interested to know if she actually does have a bit more insight. Guess we’ll see over the weekend.

Website current estimate is Sept 18th - 30th. Pretty much the same exact EoQ dates I had in June for the Q2 rush.
when did you complete your profile? did you make any changes after initial order? It's surprising your dates are way farther than mine and other blue orders in east coast.

Reactions: PatrickTM
You are a beautiful soul. And speaking as one of the last straggler Texans that ordered in May/June, you will be missed. But I pray to join you in Model Y Heaven soon.

Keep swingin those kettle bells, sir. Though I do not recommend you continue drinking 1 gallon of coffee every morning. I tried it yesterday and had a caffeine induced panic attack.

Well wishes from EDD Hell,

-paobrien7
Some of us may orders are still here waiting for vins.

have seen some pattern of north and south carolina orders taking longer. i have seen some MSM orders still pending in carolina from april or something. what could be the reason? Is there some state restrictions or rules?
Not that I am aware of…they can’t sell directly in SC so I have to pick up in Charlotte, NC. I asked the SA when I ordered if it would help my chances to pick up in Atlanta instead since it is only an extra hour away, and he said it shouldn’t so I picked Charlotte which is about 100 miles from where I live. I hope that isn’t impacting my timing but that has been in the back of my mind over the last month or so…

I did finally call them in Charlotte to ask for any info at all since my last contact with anyone from Tesla was early June. Just wanted to make sure they didn’t forget about me :) I was fortunate enough to to get a very helpful SA on the phone who used their “internal tool” to look up my order and told me I have been soft-matched to a vehicle that should be entering production and be done sometime later this month when I should get my VIN, and two weeks to deliver to the east coast from California so he expects I should be able to take delivery in the first half of September. I hope he is right! That will be 4 months since I ordered and we have another road trip planned starting 9/23 so I really need it before then…🤞🤞

There are people who ordered in July who are getting their cars now. (i ordered in May). The truth is that Tesla is choosing to do this. In any other business, this lack of communication and changing dates would wreck havoc on profitability. There are people who sold their ICE cars because of the delivery dates and now are waiting months for their Tesla. New York State changed its rebate from $2000 to $500 in June so that cost me $1500 hard dollars because Tesla did not honor the 2-week delivery date at order.

I know it is clearly a first world problem. I also think that Elon is taking a calculated gamble that in a few years, when the market supports multiple charging networks, that people will stand by Tesla. If Mr. musk thinks that customer service doesn’t matter, in 3 years I think he’ll be taking a beating. Make a note of it and we can talk about it here in three years. Even the President of the United States is saying that the charging infrastructure will be shored up.

Customer service is not rocket science and Elon could easily appoint a customer service czar for the car business. They know exactly what cars are being made when and where and when and how they will be delivered. They choose to not use that data to relate to their customers. Do you really think that tesla manufacturing, inventory and the supply chain is loosy-goosy? Come on.

I know of people who have multiple orders going on, some performance, some long range, because they will take delivery of the first one and cancel the other orders. That does not help Tesla at all. In any other business, changing committed dates and not communicating is near fatal. Look at spirit airlines over the last week. There’s no guarantee that airline will survive.

Online car purchasing is supposed to be less stressful when compared with buying in a dealer. I agree that ordering the MY on my phone was cool. The lack of communication from and condescension of the SAs in the Galleries, when compared with the premier treatment one gets in BMW, Audi, Merc and Lexus, is way more stressful, IMO. And studies have shown that customers who feel abused eventually vote with their pocketbooks. When there are 20 EVs to choose from and the Supercharger network doesn't much matter, the game changes.

At the end of September, I fear that Tesla will redirect East Coast orders to the west to increase deliveries for their quarter report. Again, we have no recourse.... for now!
Ordered May 31st as well. When I ordered is said 1-10 weeks for delivery. Here we are on week 11 🎉

Reactions: Starway2001
Believe it or not, I work at MSFT in the Azure Active Directory engineering team...will share this error message with the right folks.
I have a question regarding Azure AD. When will CA support mobile apps that don’t use native mobile browsers for authentication? Some of the vendors don’t know how to fix it and I end up explaining to them.

Credit where credit is due. Atleast Ford is transparent about their delays.

Yes, the Bronco rollout has been painful. I have a Bronco on order. Reservation July 20, order Feb 21, delivery . . . Maybe 2022.
I'm cancelling the Bronco order as soon as I get my MY VIN