Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up my MY from Mt Kisco, NY! Here's the full story:

Ordered MYLR blue exterior, stock everything else on 5/22. Completed profile on 5/23 with an EDD of 7-12 weeks. Did not have an EDD for a week or two. Once I finally received an EDD it stayed constant at 7/21-8/10 for a month. It pushed to September once during end of Q2. Then it changed to 8/10-8/30. During the end of July, the front date of my EDD pushed by one day and the end date stayed constant at 8/21.

Then on 8/1 I received the magical blue button at around 9pm. Upon clicking the blue button, I received my VIN (239xxx). Then my EDD changed to 8/13-8/19. I reached out to my SA on 8/3 following up with my VIN. He said that the delivery team would reach out to me. Delivery team texted and emailed me on 8/6 to schedule my delivery with the window of 8/15-8/17. Picked up the car on the 12 week and 1day of my order. The whole pickup process took about 45 minutes (mainly because I took my time checking the car out and setting it up). I did not upload my insurance until the night before pickup and did not make the payment until I drove off with the car.

The car was in excellent condition. The only issue was that one of the coat hanger was not closing. I let the person helping me know and he said to make an appointment at a later date to have it fixed as it's Sunday and the service center is short staffed. Overall very happy with the car! Having it wrapped and tinted next week!

This wait will be worth it!
I really appreciate these descriptions of the final steps of the process and the pickup. It's totally foreign to all of us waiting, so every detail about the 'end game' is really helpful to know what to expect. Especially for those of us with no SA to contact to get some advice. The more of these I read the better I feel!

Here's a question I have--suppose You were to purchase mud flaps and rear door PPF, will your SC install them for you as part of vehicle prep before pickup? And a front plate bracket, now that I think about it. (Answers that 'your SA can answer that' are ineligible, since my pickup is at Tyco!)

Update re: windows not going down!

After leaving the MY powered down for over an hour, I woke the car up via the app (was checking on the interior temps) and went to go take a look to see if the windows fixed themselves magically...

Well, they did! Now they go up and down and the door opens no problem!

Still gonna have the service team come take a look as I don't want that to happen again

(side note, I had left it powered off for around 5 mins before trying the windows earlier and that didn't work, so maybe it just needed more time?)

In my honest frank opinion, it is ridiculous whoever has ordered a MYLR and is now also ordering a MYP ontop of having the MYLR order. You are pushing our MYLR orders even further back because they prioritize MYP first before MYLR. Have some respect for the majority of us and not be selfish and just to think about yourselves, we all have been waiting for months for our cars. Being selfish isn't a good thing always believe in karma and faith.. Now our dates are being pushed because they're prioritizing THE MYP orders as those are the more money source for them..

In my honest frank opinion, it is ridiculous whoever has ordered a MYLR and is now also ordering a MYP ontop of having the MYLR order. You are pushing our MYLR orders even further back because they prioritize MYP first before MYLR. Have some respect for the majority of us and not be selfish and just to think about yourselves, we all have been waiting for months for our cars. Being selfish isn't a good thing always believe in karma and faith.. Now our dates are being pushed because they're prioritizing THE MYP orders as those are the more money source for them..
This is Tesla’s choice to prioritize profit margins of MYP over MYLR. If people are willing to pay $7k+ more to get their car earlier according to Tesla’s rules, then don’t get mad at them.

While I don’t love that Tesla is likely manipulating the order timelines for more profit, it is also their right to do so. No where does it say it’s a ‘first come, first serve’ system. Companies make decisions to do this all the time. In fact, the whole history of Tesla, according to their Master Plan, has been based on this principle:
  1. Create a low volume car, which would necessarily be expensive
  2. Use that money to develop a medium volume car at a lower price
  3. Use that money to create an affordable, high volume car