Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, this literally just happened to me. No way I was considering a P until that blue one was available and that buy it now button was just to easy to press to have it next week!
Genuinely interested, since you weren't considering the P previously, do you feel like the $7k+ additional cost is worth having the car sooner? Everyone's situation is different but for me I don't have an extreme urgency for a new car and the summer tires, 21" wheels, lower suspension wouldn't work for the driving I do so I'd have to replace all of that anyways. I'd still have that glorious 0-60 speed upgrade but that's about it.

Reactions: Vin_L and PatrickTM
So same question to you, when you do click buy, do you just need to put the $100 deposit down on it to hold it while you work out the other payment stuff, or what do you need to have there?
Yup, exactly this.

I clicked buy, filled in my general info and paid the $100. I choose cash payment as I'm financing thru the credit union my wife works at as she gets an additional 1% off their lowest rate (we got approved at 2.85, so my interest rate will be 1.85).

I have a VIN already and my EDD is next week.

Reactions: dnstommy
Yup, exactly this.

I clicked buy, filled in my general info and paid the $100. I choose cash payment as I'm financing thru the credit union my wife works at as she gets an additional 1% off their lowest rate (we got approved at 2.85, so my interest rate will be 1.85).

Spectacular. I am between Wednesday and Friday next week.

Reactions: jpy1980
Yup, exactly this.

So I assume you bought the one in MO, so I assume they are delivering it to FL?

Stopped reading when I saw:
"The delays also appear to be affecting the $40,000 Model Y."

Just another Business Insider clickbait piece about Tesla, while telling me absolutely zero new information. Author needs to know what they're talking about, or hire more editors + fact checkers.

I think my color change was a dumb idea. It really screwed me.
Don’t think that has anything to do with it. I’m an October as well and haven’t changed a thing. I’m pretty sure they are just dusting us off to the side so they can focus on more profitable MYP Models. I mean they’re strategy seems to be working, create enough impatience with their customers they become desperate enough to through more money their way to get a vehicle quicker.

Genuinely interested, since you weren't considering the P previously, do you feel like the $7k+ additional cost is worth having the car sooner? Everyone's situation is different but for me I don't have an extreme urgency for a new car and the summer tires, 21" wheels, lower suspension wouldn't work for the driving I do so I'd have to replace all of that anyways. I'd still have that glorious 0-60 speed upgrade but that's about it.

Exactly my thoughts. It's $7k more, but then I'd need to buy new tires/wheels. I'm sure the insurance would go up as well. While I know I could sell the 21" wheels that come with the P, honestly the hassle of doing that and then getting the new ones put on/balanced and all of that just isn't worth it.

The only part of the Performance model I'd want is the red brake calipers

Not who you asked, but I was planning on getting the LR with induction wheels and speed boost. After adding those, the price difference is down to $3K between the LR and P. Figured it was close enough to get a slightly faster car and have a quicker delivery. If we don't like the uberturbines, we can sell them and throw some other wheels on.

Reactions: PNWLeccy and MBx4