Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, with my current LR reservation I should just go ahead and cancel that right? There's no way to give/sell my place in line to someone else is there? Buying both and flipping the LR isn't an option either.
Personally, I would keep the LR order open. You never know if there is that one in a million chance that there's some issue that causes you to reject delivery.

Also, you are able to transfer an order to someone else, but I remember they have to be same household or immediate family or something.

Reactions: MBx4
That was a very short lived happy moment. So close :(

1629394475504.png

Just got back from beach camping at Assateague. Over 100 new pages. What did I miss?

I noticed the rest stops on the NJ Turnpike have Superchargers! They were mostly empty and no icing despite the packed main parking lot.
I've been to 270ish unique supercharger locations, including nearly all the ones on the Jersey Turnpike. Maybe all of them. MOST supercharger locations sit vacant MOST of the time. There are some popular ones, especially in CA, but even those tend to be empty off peak travel times. Then there are peak travel times where even random locations like Egg Harbor, NJ (near the shore, summer time) get crowded. Consider it like traffic. You don't expect to zoom from NYC to the Hamptons on a Friday afternoon before Labor Day.

Personally, I would keep the LR order open. You never know if there is that one in a million chance that there's some issue that causes you to reject delivery.

Also, you are able to transfer an order to someone else, but I remember they have to be same household or immediate family or something.
Hahaha, I can be their son they never wanted or knew about...would that work? I live in Florida...I think we can pull it off HAHAHAHAHA Sadly though, I have the lowest price possible for the MYLR that I just cannot pass that up. I soooooo want it sooner but not $4000 extra sooner lol. I can use that for other stuff.

• Funny
Reactions: PatrickTM
i loved that. wish we could go to russian river brewery on our last california vacation. next time!
One of the benefits of living in CA during COVID, Russian River has been delivering in the state. That and having the best daughter ever who sent me a case for my b-day. Pliny the Younger is like the LR, impossible to get, all the cases sold out in a minute. The Elder is like the P. ;)

Tried reaching out to Tesla to change my payment from cash to loan and have gotten nothing but crickets. I didn’t get an SA assigned so not exactly sure who else to reach out to. Anyone have deets on an actual person at Tyco that I can call/text? My current EDD is Aug 24-31. They haven’t yet reached out regarding delivery.
Not sure if you already got this, but you can try messaging 5103302539. My SA said this is a generic number & will be answered by anyone who is available. I have not tried it though.

Curious about everyone’s opinion on this:
current EDD is late October from a May order. My SA told me yesterday my vehicle is in ”firm production” and is sheduled to leave Fremont on the 23rd Of August. I still don’t have a VIN. She said this is info is coming directly from the plant and I should ignore my EDD on my account. Should I believe her or is she likely just telling me what I want to hear?

Curious about everyone’s opinion on this:
current EDD is late October from a May order. My SA told me yesterday my vehicle is in ”firm production” and is sheduled to leave Fremont on the 23rd Of August. I still don’t have a VIN. She said this is info is coming directly from the plant and I should ignore my EDD on my account. Should I believe her or is she likely just telling me what I want to hear?
I would like to believe what the see is right. After I canceled my Jun 16 order, my SA called and said my production date was "a ways out" and "sure we have plenty of April and May orders to fill". So I don't know who to believe.

Reactions: PatrickTM
OMG. I got one! OMG. I have tried and failed so many times to buy one out of inventory.

Black Model Y 7 seater
  • Long Range All-Wheel Drive
  • Solid Black Paint
  • 20’’ Induction Wheels
  • Black and White Premium Interior
  • Seven Seat Interior
  • Autopilot

OMG! CONGRATS! 🎉 That’s how I got mine! I couldn’t take the wait anymore and got super lucky getting an inventory car! Picking up on 8/23 possible 8/21 🤞🏼

Reactions: CSTARZZ
Congratulations to you as well! You paid the "P" tax but it basically stands for "Priority" at this point ;) Excited for you as well!
Hmm, the passive-aggressive. I didn't pay any "P" tax as I ordered the Performance from the get go. No order switching; I've never considered the LR, wasn't even checking my EDD; delivery has been scheduled to 8/26, which is my birthday. The whole process took 21 days, from ordering on 8/5 to delivery on 8/26.

On a side note, my Tesla advisor told me over the phone while scheduling the delivery, that any Tesla "Performance" model car does have a faster delivery.

I've gathered important information, great tips, had some laughs over these 21 days, but it became really toxic sometimes and for those, have a nice life, for others hang in there, don't listen to Performance model haters, order what you want, it's a free country.

I've been to 270ish unique supercharger locations, including nearly all the ones on the Jersey Turnpike. Maybe all of them. MOST supercharger locations sit vacant MOST of the time. There are some popular ones, especially in CA, but even those tend to be empty off peak travel times. Then there are peak travel times where even random locations like Egg Harbor, NJ (near the shore, summer time) get crowded. Consider it like traffic. You don't expect to zoom from NYC to the Hamptons on a Friday afternoon before Labor Day.

Wait, hold up. You can't drop a mention of Egg Harbor and then hard turn right and reference the Hamptons. It's like saying you drink $50 sparkling wooder.