Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Semi-related but oh man seeing all those future "delivery" dates is a growing pet peeve of mine when I see that spreadsheet. This garbage data is bringing the averages down and I'm pretty sure Teslike isn't really paying attention to the survey or these forums anymore. I appreciate the work that was put into it, but it's a bit neglected.

Yup. Just filter out all records that don’t have a VIN. Cleans up most of the garbage.

Reactions: TESRP
Romex is going to be an expensive pain in the butt. You need 4awg romex, 6 is only rated to 55 amps.

do yourself a favor and use 3/4 EMT (compression fittings) with 6 awg thhn (3 individual wires). It’s stranded and super easy to work with.

If you aren’t comfortable with the risk of doing it yourself, hire someone and get them to pull permits. Please just don’t cheap out and try to pull 60 amps on 6/3 romex.
Completely agree, do not do it yourself if you are not sure what you doing. I can do basic wiring, but do not feel comfortable running 220, 50-60 AMP wires from panel. IMHO ~$1000 is worth spending to get some one experienced to do the work.

Hey everyone! I was lucky to see the “proceed with delivery” button earlier this afternoon (OD 6/24, blue/black, 5 seat, no tow, no fsd). My dates changed from Sept 02-13 to Sept 03-06 after I clicked it, but I still haven’t received my VIN (not in source code either). Is this normal or should I contact someone tomorrow to see what’s going on? Thanks!

Hey everyone! I was lucky to see the “proceed with delivery” button earlier this afternoon (OD 6/24, blue/black, 5 seat, no tow, no fsd). My dates changed from Sept 02-13 to Sept 03-06 after I clicked it, but I still haven’t received my VIN (not in source code either). Is this normal or should I contact someone tomorrow to see what’s going on? Thanks!
Got my vin as soon as I hit the Tesla vision blue button.

Final update in this thread.

Order Date: 5/27/21. Red, LR, BW Interior, Tow, white seats. Final Delivery Date 8/23.
Tesla texted me that car was ready 5/20 which is today.
Pick up took 15 minutes because I was slow. Would have been 5 easily.

Car is perfect. Have been driving it, charging, supercharging, testing, pimping for past 5 hours.

Yes, the wait was worth it. Stay strong folks. You will know where your money went. I promise.

Edit: Rear doors have the plastic paint protection. BioWeapon defense mode filter is there too. If I notice new things, I'll report back.

Last edited:
Delivery today

Attachments

• 1B6A880A-69F8-4005-8A28-BCE042720681.jpeg
    1B6A880A-69F8-4005-8A28-BCE042720681.jpeg
    922.4 KB · Views: 95
I have a question though about the insurance. What's the impact on the insurance once the MY is added?
That’s a pretty broad question, but I’ll assume you’re talking about your insurance premium. I would call your insurance company for a quote. Everybody here is different. Different demographics, driving histories, coverages, providers, gap + rideshare needs,etc.

Some people pay $250 per month because they live in a high insurance area and have just one car policy and points on their record. Some people pay $50 per month because they’re 60 years old, drive 20 miles per month, and have 8 policies in one bundle deal.

For me, I currently have a 2015 Prius, a homeowner insurance policy, and some other odds and ends like jewelry policies and stuff. They charge me $60 premium per month for a 100/300/100 policy with collision and comp, $500 deductible. We ran the numbers and adding a second car (Model Y LR) it would be an extra $70 per month, same coverages. I’m a married 30 year old.

How do you get the manufacture date? My Vin got assigned in 245xxx but unable to see the date of mfg

I went to the Tesla store which is also my DC and SC and my SA showed me the spec of my VIN and when it was built 😊. She also showed me my “soft match date” and delivery to SC date for my original MY order of 5/27. Which has been pushed back from 8/17 then 8/24 and most updated soft date was 8/31. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: TESRP and shanki
Soft matches are unreliable.! My soft match date has changed at least a few times in the last 2-3 weeks. Who knows, it might change just as often as the Tesla app EDD. On August 2nd I was told that the soft match was Aug. 14th. When the Vin did not arrive, SA told me August 22nd. Stopped by yesterday and now it is August 28th. ERRRRR!!!!! 😡🤬Beyond frustrated!!
Soft match date Sep 1st today

Reactions: TESRP