Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my car delivered this morning! Spent the day working and then running down to the garage to ceramic coat the interior, install mud flaps, install the rear door ppf, install some other accessories and finally do an inspection. Busy day indeed. I have to say, the QC on the car is great. I had to really nitpick to find any issues. Haven’t driven her yet due to the ceramic curing time, but will soon.
Still have more accessories like my roof rack to install then finally take her surfing!! Loving the no key thing as I can just take the card in the water!!

in regards to home delivery, it sucked because they came really early and just left it parked on the street a block away
It looks so nice! I went with black interior (I'm cheap), but that white looks so good with the Uberturbine wheels and the contrast of the black trim. Congratulations for finally getting it!

@TESRP Did you get a charger installed already? I'm around Princeton and just got a quote for $995. It's an electrician I've used in the past and he is great - always fairly priced, does a nice job, and is a really nice person. This is for the Tesla charger, and I'd have to also buy it separately
Probably a fair price. I installed myself 14-50 outlet last month. Did a lot of research. I had quotes as high as $1800. Went to home depot got all parts spent 2-3 hours working on it - total cost $200. Wire 6/3 is the most expensive part.

@TESRP Did you get a charger installed already? I'm around Princeton and just got a quote for $995. It's an electrician I've used in the past and he is great - always fairly priced, does a nice job, and is a really nice person. This is for the Tesla charger, and I'd have to also buy it separately
My electrician is coming towards the end of next week to install the NEMA 14-50 in my garage. My electric panel is in the basement, about 30 feet from where I want it install in garage. He will need about 50 feet of wire and was quoted $950, so yours seems decent price. He is also replacing one GFI outlet for free.

Got my car delivered this morning! Spent the day working and then running down to the garage to ceramic coat the interior, install mud flaps, install the rear door ppf, install some other accessories and finally do an inspection. Busy day indeed. I have to say, the QC on the car is great. I had to really nitpick to find any issues. Haven’t driven her yet due to the ceramic curing time, but will soon.
Still have more accessories like my roof rack to install then finally take her surfing!! Loving the no key thing as I can just take the card in the water!!

in regards to home delivery, it sucked because they came really early and just left it parked on the street a block away
Looks great! What did you use for interior ceramic coating? And did you find precut ppf kits for the rear doors? Or did you cut your own?

Probably a fair price. I installed myself 14-50 outlet last month. Did a lot of research. I had quotes as high as $1800. Went to home depot got all parts spent 2-3 hours working on it - total cost $200. Wire 6/3 is the most expensive part.
I did the same thing. The wire is by far the most expensive part. And it was kind of a pain - that wire is incredibly hard to bend. But I saved a ton and am glad I did it. Been charging my M3 on it for the last year and a half!

I did the same thing. The wire is by far the most expensive part. And it was kind of a pain - that wire is incredibly hard to bend. But I saved a ton and am glad I did it. Been charging my M3 on it for the last year and a half!
Got bulk 6 awg thhn from Depot and was shocked at how pricey copper was. Stranded wire was super easy to work with.

We just ordered a 3LR yesterday to compliment our Y that should be here 09/01, so back to Depot for more 3/4 EMT and THHN.

I got a quote for a NEMA 14-50 with 60A wiring yesterday for about $1325 in OH. The main panel is on the opposite corner of the house so there is 75' of wire. Getting a second quote soon.

One thing I'm debating: we have a whole home generator and I inquired about hooking the charger up to that so I could charge even without power. I'd have to remove the range in order to make it fit. So is that the right call? Or maybe I'll just have them add the 110V plug in the garage to the generator and then I'll at least have some mileage if we lose power for a long time. I probably wouldn't have to remove anything to support another 110V.

My EDD changed from January 2022 to November 30-December 20, but then I only placed the order on Tuesday of this week. (Before the deposit increase from $100 to $250). I know I have many more EDD changes ahead of me, but just wanted to share that my EDD did change today. Would be great though if that EDD held as my birthday is December 21. Can't think of a better birthday present.
Welcome to the party and settle in for the long haul! Then if it's early that's a happy surprise :D
Thanks for updating - I was wondering if they only people that updated today were those that got VINs!
When you're able, add your order details to your signature here: https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/account/signature

Reactions: TESRP
Scalping something that costs $500 is probably a hell of a lot easier than scalping something that costs $55,000+. I'm sure there are people who have taken advantage of the crazy wait times though.
with how easy tesla makes to place orders and how easy it makes to take delivery and how easy these car sellers like vroom, carvana and others making, its not that hard.. but I agree, I don't think scalpers are invading tesla as it's more long and risky process. However, I feel like some normal users who don't need a car right away might be taking advantage of it. You can order a car and once you take delivery and if you are getting very good price, you can sell it off and order another one. tesla can catch these but they have look at each account who has multiple orders and see the pattern.

While Tesla and all EV's may suffer a bit from this I think the expanded recall of the Bolt EV/EUV will increase the demand for Tesla's. Those of you with a LR and a P on order might make a nice profit on one.

I am one of those 2020 Bolt owners who placed my order for a Model Y LR on Tuesday...thankfully before the deposit increase to $250

Reactions: Quiet Coyote
I got a quote for a NEMA 14-50 with 60A wiring yesterday for about $1325 in OH. The main panel is on the opposite corner of the house so there is 75' of wire. Getting a second quote soon.

One thing I'm debating: we have a whole home generator and I inquired about hooking the charger up to that so I could charge even without power. I'd have to remove the range in order to make it fit. So is that the right call? Or maybe I'll just have them add the 110V plug in the garage to the generator and then I'll at least have some mileage if we lose power for a long time. I probably wouldn't have to remove anything to support another 110V.
I was quoted a similar price and then found a guy to do it for about $950. If you're in central OH, DM me and I'll pass his information along to you.

damn all these stories of people doing it on their own makes me at least want to try...... I have a lot of questions for you, especially since you are in NJ and likely know any state-specific codes. Would you mind sharing a part list? Did you happen to also go from a basement to first-level garage? I'll ask a bunch of questions related to this that you can ignore if you didn't do this: Could you give me some steps to do that if so? Do you punch into the garage first and drop down to the basement as opposed to going from the bottom up? I assume the 2x4 that the wall studs are toenailed into would be on the concrete foundation of the garage, so I can't drill directly through that....how do you figure out how to get into the basement?

The guy in the video mentioned you need to attach the wiring to the stud within 6-12" out of the breaker. Do you need to continue attaching to studs throughout the run?

Reactions: TESRP and PatrickTM
Do they give VINs on weekends? Or is it a business day thing?

Update: Disregard... based on the Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker it looks like VINs are sometimes added on weekends, but it also looks at first glance like Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays are more frequent. If I get bored this weekend I'll do an analysis!

Last edited:

in my eyes, the plug is definitely the right choice.