Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
7 seaters arent produced all the time. only during a small window each quarter. so i was never going to get it by march (the first quarter). Q2 comes around, and my trade in expired, but was still targeting a june edd. i decided to wait to 5/30 confirm my tradein so it wont expire again before I get my car. Bad mistake - the delay in confirmation pushed it past Q2. Since then the edd has just kept pushing out.

Finally had enough, and got my friend who works at corporate to put me on the vip list and got my vin that afternoon.
Nice friend!

7 seaters arent produced all the time. only during a small window each quarter. so i was never going to get it by march (the first quarter). Q2 comes around, and my trade in expired, but was still targeting a june edd. i decided to wait to 5/30 confirm my tradein so it wont expire again before I get my car. Bad mistake - the delay in confirmation pushed it past Q2. Since then the edd has just kept pushing out.

Finally had enough, and got my friend who works at corporate to put me on the vip list and got my vin that afternoon.
Damn I wish I had known about that and asked my friend before he left Tesla and moved onto his new job, dang it. Though he didn't work in "corporate" he was in engineering.

Reactions: dyau
Delivery day! As promised posting my beast lol. Full xpel stealth ppf + 20% tints next week.

7A2FBDBF-861B-4989-850B-375AE3FAF6CE.jpeg

I've been steady at 11 October to 31 October for about a week now.

The acceleration will make such a big difference here; we have so many clowns that sit in the left lane. I really, really, really hate passing on the right but at least with the Model Y I'll be able to zip over and around quickly.

Apparently Maryland is one of the few states with no left lane law. I know lots of people don't follow them anyhow, but it really does seem worse here. The drivers here would be absolutely crucified in Europe.
It’s a Mid-Atlantic thing. Promise.

I’m 6 miles from the local shop. They won’t deliver to me. Just like everything else with Tesla it’s a total crap shoot.

im about 25 miles from my SC and I’ve picked up two Tesla’s from there. Wife’s getting delivered to her job next Friday. Seems like it’s all about what they want to do when they want to do it 😂

I have a feeling Elon's EDDBot has one basic long-range sorting parameter; before EOQ or after EOQ. Other than a very rough guess, I wouldn't take long range dates as any more than that--before or after EOQ. I think once your spot in the queue approaches production or you get assigned a VIN the specific dates might begin to become more meaningful.

Right now I'm taking my 11 Oct - 31 Oct dates as meaning no more than 'sometime after EOQ and a little post-EOQ downtime'. If I had to bet I'd actually bet on sometime in November.

But I also anticipate tons of volatility as we approach those dates.
😂 I am still hoping against all odds that my blue MYLR gets delivered sometime in September haha currently showing 25-Oct to 14-Nov!!

VIN popped via email at 1:10PM MDT!!! (254***) Finally! Hope other Salt Lake City VINs are similarly coming available now!
It’s people getting mid-day VINs like you that keep me refreshing my browser ALL. DAY. LONG.

I have low expectations for getting a VIN in September. So many swirling concerns: end of qtr quality worries. East coast VIN that could be taken away at the last minute in favor of a West Coast delivery. No response to my messages to my SA.

You can do a quote right in the app and play with the deductibles and coverage levels for either adding a new car or replacing an existing one. The only thing I declined was the mechanical breakdown coverage (which I always do) because the car is under warranty from Tesla.

I saved the quote (good for 30 or 60 days? Can't recall) so when I got the VIN, I went back into the app, added the VIN, coverage start date, and finance company - within seconds I had the insurance card to add to my Tesla account. It was SO easy..

Do your homework and good luck.
That's a great suggestion. I appreciate your guidance. Thanks,

Reactions: Imeddy8
Just got off the phone with Geico who I bundle home and auto policies with. Perfect record, 36 years old and same 100/300/100 policy as my former BMW X3 is going to cost an extra $150 semiannually or about $25 more a month - the bmw was $30k more expensive but the agent explained that because their policies don’t cap repair costs (hourly expense) they need to figure it into the quote.
That's amazing! really a good deal on insurance.