Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had this happen? I was supposed to take delivery last Friday. They called the day before and said the car had dents and needed to go to an authorized body shop for repairs. I thought about it overnight and decided not to take delivery > didn't feel comfortable taking a brand new car that already needed body shop work. Now I have no EDD. They said it would not take months to get next VIN but I'm skeptical. Also - I don't see a way to get my deposit back - I'm not canceling my order but if it could be months till delivery my 10k deposit could make more in the market vs. sitting in Tesla's pocket making them $. I won't go into all the issues I've had with getting the finance check back. Ordered May 4, white/white, 19, no FSD.

Reactions: BitJam
Has anyone had this happen? I was supposed to take delivery last Friday. They called the day before and said the car had dents and needed to go to an authorized body shop for repairs. I thought about it overnight and decided not to take delivery > didn't feel comfortable taking a brand new car that already needed body shop work. Now I have no EDD. They said it would not take months to get next VIN but I'm skeptical. Also - I don't see a way to get my deposit back - I'm not canceling my order but if it could be months till delivery my 10k deposit could make more in the market vs. sitting in Tesla's pocket making them $. I won't go into all the issues I've had with getting the finance check back. Ordered May 4, white/white, 19, no FSD.
I suggest that you escalate this and ask them to give you top priority(in writing would be better) so you don't get put back in line....No one would take delivery of a new car which requires body work on day 1...Tesla should know better

Arrived for overnight test drive, and due to some communication errors, all they had was the performance to take with half a battery. Man this car is incredible. i loved having time to really get the feel for driving, the features, and even tried out our charger to return it charged.
Performance is SO FAST! But, im so happy I went with the LR, I just do not need that power and speed in my life full time.

2 more weeks! I cannot wait until ours is finally here!!
46EB0A24-5FC4-4B3F-A033-B1F483D5D36F.jpeg

Why do they have $10k of your money?

FYI to everyone: There’s no need or requirement to give them more than the deposit ($100/250) until you’ve seen the car and are ready to drive it home.

Leave the deposit ($100) with them, get your $10k back and wait to see what happens.

Tom

Last edited:
Reactions: Quiet Coyote
Talked to a Richmond SA yesterday who told me “literally any minute now” for a VIN. EDD change this morning went from 17-30 Sept to 21 Oct - 10 Nov. It had been consistent for two weeks with the Sept dates.

I think we are going to give it another week and then cancel if nothing changes. We cant continue that long with what we have, and that time frame is a no-go with our schedule (vacation, work, anniversary, USMC Birthday Ball, etc). We’ll see what happens, super disappointing though.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Are you notified when financing expires? Mine has been in place for more than 2 months, but my account doesn’t indicate it’s expired, and I haven’t received any sort of email communication either.
I wasn't notified when it expired. It looked valid on my account till I called the SA and he said I had to update my financing. I told him it wasn't showing expired on my end and he said he has to do something for the screen to refresh on my side but if you're more than 60 days since the application, it's expired.

I suggest that you escalate this and ask them to give you top priority(in writing would be better) so you don't get put back in line....No one would take delivery of a new car which requires body work on day 1...Tesla should know better
Funny thing is, that car will get repaired and assigned to someone as a new car and they would never know it was in the body shop, lol.

I wonder if it's the tow package. There's another thread on here of someone who ordered a tow for install after delivery and has been waiting since early July with no follow up. You ordered nearly a month before me and have dates only one day sooner..that makes no sense.
Yeah I think its gotta be the Tow. Actually one of the reasons I got the Y instead of the 3 was you could get the tow as part of your order. I travel a lot for work and I like to bring my ebike with me so thats why I got it. Now I wonder if I should have just got it without it and found someone to install one. Oh well. Maybe things will change again. I'm lucky I'm not dying for a car right now.