Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My order date is April 3, its been 145 days. They offered delivery in June but I thought I would wait for the Infrastructure bill to pass and see if they extend tax rebates for Tesla, and didn't take the delivery. It looks like they put me way back in the line. My EDD was stable at 9/15 - 9/30 for few weeks and now it is 10/11-10/31. I am not hopeful of the tax credits any more and would take delivery if they offer. Not sure if I will get a vin in Q3. Fingers crossed.

My pickup date is next Friday 9/3. SA called to just check all the boxes and noticed that Tesla is still in Texas awaiting "something". He was not sure what. And for some reason after putting 20% down, they wanted more money to be paid on the account. Just $1700. He was not sure why and "was going to find out". I just paid it to keep the ball moving.

But let the games begin as we approach delivery day. I have to fly to get my car. I have a flight booked. So my date isn't "adjustable" Tesla. Ship it!

My pickup date is next Friday 9/3. SA called to just check all the boxes and noticed that Tesla is still in Texas awaiting "something". He was not sure what. And for some reason after putting 20% down, they wanted more money to be paid on the account. Just $1700. He was not sure why and "was going to find out". I just paid it to keep the ball moving.

But let the games begin as we approach delivery day. I have to fly to get my car. I have a flight booked. So my date isn't "adjustable" Tesla. Ship it!
that sounds strange.... I'll be curious to hear from you what was going on, I assume this is the inventory car you found?

Reactions: PatrickTM
So you're talking about just refreshing the web page <shift><f5>, right?
Well, I had closed the web browser since I’d last refreshed so I had to log all the way back into my account and then click into the order page. So the account dashboard. Like this:
A579A9BE-5050-47EF-84BF-1256E673A96E.jpeg

Good Morning all...i have a question about charging. what are my options other than spending $500 plus installation for a wall charger? What am i able to do with the Gen 2 NEMA Adapters? Those are only about $40 each. Can i just use those instead of the full wall charger and have the electrician figure out what to do? I'm literally clueless. happy to have found this forum otherwise i would like drive the new car for 275 miles then never be able to drive again because i couldnt figure out how to charge...car coming in next 10 days. thanks in advance...

Reactions: GoGators!
Good Morning all...i have a question about charging. what are my options other than spending $500 plus installation for a wall charger? What am i able to do with the Gen 2 NEMA Adapters? Those are only about $40 each. Can i just use those instead of the full wall charger and have the electrician figure out what to do? I'm literally clueless. happy to have found this forum otherwise i would like drive the new car for 275 miles then never be able to drive again because i couldnt figure out how to charge...car coming in next 10 days. thanks in advance...
The mobile connector with the nema adapter is capped at 32 amps but from what I gather that's probably fine for most people. I'm going with the nema plug in the garage and a juicebox 40 amp charger . Check with your utility company to see if they have any off peak charging rates. Some will require specific chargers to qualify.

that sounds strange.... I'll be curious to hear from you what was going on, I assume this is the inventory car you found?
Yuppers. In Texas and pickup is in NJ. Hopefully I hear from the SA today about it. My monthly payment has gone down on the loan, so its like they wanted to have a smaller loan. Not sure. I have a 760 credit score, soI have no idea. But hopefully that payment makes them put the car on a truck.

I had 240v outlets installed in our garage and use the mobile charger with the 14-50 adapter. That adapter does not come with the car, so you need to purchase it from Tesla. Also, ask the electrician to install a high quality 14-50 outlet. Tesla has installation guides for each adapter. See https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/pdfs/installation-guides/nema-14-50-installation-guide.pdf

Mine charges consistently at 25-30 mph so it is more than enough for me for overnight charging after driving around during the day.

Just be aware that 240v outlets were not meant to be plugged and unplugged constanlty like regular 110v outlets. So, my solution was to buy two 14-50 adapters. When I need to take my mobile adapter with me for longer trips, I'll just leave the 14-50 adapter plugged in and remove the mobile charger from the adapter and take the mobile charger with me.

Finally, if you go this route, you may also want to purchase the Tesla Cable Organizer, which has two items - one to hold the base of the mobile adapter and one to wrap the cord around when not plugged in. See Cable Organizer

YMMV

Last edited:
Sometimes, when you bitch at the server for the third time, you get some spit in your meal. Just saying...
I agree that antagonizing the server could get you spit seasoning... I never send back a meal because of that. The analogy presumes some prior communication with the server and that the server has delivered something I'm not happy with. In this case, i'm still waiting for the server to show up or, at least, to let me know realistically when I might expect my order.

ultimately, when (if?) I get my car, i'll have to speak with someone. so far, there's no one to spit on me or my order.

Reactions: DZMY and PatrickTM
So I was kind of bitter that my wife ordered her BMW X3M first week of August, it went through production and we took delivery of it yesterday. Meanwhile, I placed my Tesla order on June 21 and still nothing.

Until this morning when I logged in and saw "2021 Tesla Model Y". It's VIN day! 257***

Delivery shifted to Sept 6-12. It had been sitting at Sept 4-19 since Saturday. Now it's a matter of looping in my trade as I wasn't doing anything leading up to getting a VIN for fear of losing it.

Hoping a downpour of VINs today for all!!!

Delivery Was Yesterday… Delivery Person Was Clueless Because It Was His Second Day… Love The Car… But 3 Issues… 1. Two Huge Brown Marks On 3rd Row Seats That Won’t Come Up With Baby Wipes… 2. Two Broken Piece On 3rd Row… 3. Radio Making This Weird Breaking Up Noise… But I love The Car… Service Appointment In… Ordered May 20th, Vin August 9th, Delivery August 25th… White on White 7seater… Pickup Took About 10mins Paperwork… Two Trade In Expired, Tesla Auto Loan Expired (Went With Navy Federal Instead), SA Was MIA Most Of The Time, 1000 Up and Down Emotions, Several New Friends And This Wonderful Group… Excuse Hos Seatbelt Just Noticed… My Son Is A Mess…
Haha he's already comfortable enough in it to fall asleep! That's how you know you got the right car

I agree that antagonizing the server could get you spit seasoning... I never send back a meal because of that. The analogy presumes some prior communication with the server and that the server has delivered something I'm not happy with. In this case, i'm still waiting for the server to show up or, at least, to let me know realistically when I might expect my order.

ultimately, when (if?) I get my car, i'll have to speak with someone. so far, there's no one to spit on me or my order.
unlike with your food, at least if someone spits on your car you can just wipe it up!

(baby wipes, please, per the guidance of this forum) :)