Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As for the quality, there were no glaring issues at all. The back doors require a little extra "oomph" to fully close, not sure if that's normal, but it's on both sides...there are some slightly (and I'm being very picky here) uneven panel gaps...and some unevenness as you run your hand from panel to panel....it's all not perfect, but probably well within spec. And honestly, overall it looks fantastic.
Congratulations! Looks fantastic. Love that you care for your cars and keep them a long time!

From what I've seen here, hard to close rear doors on Model Y are a very common issue and is due to door misalignment. This is adjustable and you can put in a service ticket. General quality overall does seem to be improving over time. Some early Model Y units had such misaligned rear doors that they flexed when in closed position, the stress caused window glass to shatter. They've come a long way.

any others you or @Mister_Greyman would recommend? I'll probably finish in the next couple days.
Oh my Favorite...

Red Rising series from Pierce Brown. I read and did Audible on the books, the first 3 were so captivating, the 4th ehh, the 5th redeemed. AMAZING series...

I also really enjoyed Infinte and Infinite 2 by Jermy Robinson... I have thought of naming my MY 'Gal' as a result...

You might need to clear the cache on your browser. Depending on your computer/browser settings you can also do a full reboot of the computer and it should solve the problem.

Hope you get VIN soon!
Nope cleared cache, restarted browser, restarted computer, tried logging in on other devices all get me the spinning T. And honestly I don't expect to see a VIN for my July order. But I was planning on ordering stuff from the Tesla shop, which I can't login...

Nope cleared cache, restarted browser, restarted computer, tried logging in on other devices all get me the spinning T. And honestly I don't expect to see a VIN for my July order. But I was planning on ordering stuff from the Tesla shop, which I can't login...
Well, damn! I've already shown the extent of my IT knowledge haha, hopefully someone else can chime in with another possible solution.

Does it do it across all your devices? Phone, PC, iPad, work PC/iPad, etc.? How about on your home internet vs LTE/5G? Just trying to determine if it's a Tesla account problem, local device problem, or network connection problem.

Reactions: BitJam
doing a quick search looks like others who have 2FA setup are also experiencing the issue, not sure if its all, but that seems to be the common thread...

So I was kind of bitter that my wife ordered her BMW X3M first week of August, it went through production and we took delivery of it yesterday. Meanwhile, I placed my Tesla order on June 21 and still nothing.

Until this morning when I logged in and saw "2021 Tesla Model Y". It's VIN day! 257***

Delivery shifted to Sept 6-12. It had been sitting at Sept 4-19 since Saturday. Now it's a matter of looping in my trade as I wasn't doing anything leading up to getting a VIN for fear of losing it.

Hoping a downpour of VINs today for all!!!
Congrats!

I ordered on the same day and my EDD has been Sept 4-20 since last week as well. The optimist in me will be refreshing the page all day! :)

Reactions: Vauldur
Just called my local Tesla store to get a SA assigned - and they were really helpful.

I ordered July 30th

White on White MYLR
added tow Hitch
Shipping to San Diego, CA

Current EDD is Nov 15-Dec 5

The rep sent me a text that i can reply to with questions/updates on my date. He also asked me if I would be willing to take an earlier delivery date than my EDD. He said that he has only had 2 people successful in getting vehicles a lot early than their EDD and it was because others backed out with their same specs - but it was a really nice offer.

He confirmed that my current pick up date should be 11/23 - and recommended that i check in via our text chain once a week/once every other week to confirm that the date has moved.

although it wasnt great news - they service was great and they tried to manage expectations.
Woke up this morning to see that my delivery date was pushed from November.......to a generic January. i wasnt very upset about my push from October to November - but the push from October to January is pretty upsetting.

Oh my Favorite...

Red Rising series from Pierce Brown. I read and did Audible on the books, the first 3 were so captivating, the 4th ehh, the 5th redeemed. AMAZING series...

I also really enjoyed Infinte and Infinite 2 by Jermy Robinson... I have thought of naming my MY 'Gal' as a result...
Thank you! always great to get recommendations rather than picking off a NYT list