Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
weird, my app doesnt have any of this.
The Tesla app is indeed updated in the App Store. It shows that the app was updated last nite. go to the store and you'll see the upgrade link. i had to tap the link a couple of times but it DID update. There is more info there about the car, some FAQs and you can get to your account from the app as well.

BTW, it did NOT give me a VIN for my 5/31 order. just sayin'

The Tesla app is indeed updated in the App Store. It shows that the app was updated last nite. go to the store and you'll see the upgrade link. i had to tap the link a couple of times but it DID update. There is more info there about the car, some FAQs and you can get to your account from the app as well.

BTW, it did NOT give me a VIN for my 5/31 order. just sayin'
You are right! I didn't think to do a pull update request.

PSA to all the noobs who joined: welcome! Let's put up some signatures with order details, so we can all join your waiting party and track EDDs as they bounce around. Let the fun begin!
It's a good thing this waiting "party" doesn't have an open bar...the bouncing EDDs could drive anyone to drink!

Today's EDD Updated to October, was 8/25 - 9/14 (from 8/22 update)

Unfortunately one of the trends I've been noticing lately is they are prioritizing MYP orders no matter the date ordered because its more expensive and looks good for their numbers. But they are treating the MYLR cars like it is a cheap 20-30k car. For goodness sake we are spending $50 freaking k on a base model car just because MYP is a few thousand more shouldn't be getting priority. I have been really patient but after 4+ months this is crazy!!
I hear you on this and I know there is a lot of speculation on this which I tend to largely agree with in some cases. They are coming crazy fast compared to LR.

My counter-arguments to that theory though would be:
1) WAY less people order P model compared to LR so the demand is way lower which allows them to deliver them much faster.
2) You can spec out a LR to be as much as or more expensive than the entry level P. And mine, for example, was only around $2k less than a base P. If you order a red/white/7 with tow (not even the upgraded wheels) you are now at a higher price point than an entry level performance. Granted - most P models are definitely going to be more expensive than most LR models, but in a lot of cases the price difference is much smaller than the $7k the website shows, especially if you order a 7 seater with any upgrades at all.

So who knows...I honestly think it may be a combination of the two (priced higher and less demand) but I think it is more the significant difference in demand than anything. But this is also based on no data (other than pricing) whatsoever - just my opinion.

During my constant refreshesfor MYLR inventory in the area, I sometimes click other models instead of refresh, just to mix things up a bit. Look at these beasts that are available... Saw a Plaid yesterday with 385 range.

1629996326834.png

Reactions: BitJam
So I ordered a MYLR, red, induction wheels, 5 seat, on July 27, and soon had an estimated delivery date of Nov 8 - 28. Today it changed to January! Does this happen often? This is my first experience with Tesla, but at age 75, I've ordered a few cars in my time, and they always arrived when the dealer said they would. I have no interest in picking this thing up in a snowstorm! :)

Reactions: BitJam
That's because you live inside the Pizza Belt, where the chances of any random pizza being good or better are high.

Outside the pizza belt, you have to work to find a decent pie.
Mmmmmm “pizza belt”

Attachments

• 21D798B1-5533-477E-AB14-C2B6B886BB13.jpeg
    21D798B1-5533-477E-AB14-C2B6B886BB13.jpeg
    80.5 KB · Views: 39