Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since I won’t be getting my car this year and I’m only here for comic relief, I’ll share that I finally got my wall connector on order but accidentally sent it to my old house, and can’t figure out how to change it. So now I get to watch the tracking like a hawk and run over there to pick it up.. thankfully they haven’t moved in yet but still. 🤦‍♂️
It Tesla can’t change or cancel the order because it’s already in shipment processing, call FedEx. They can change it to a pickup it at a FedEx shipping center, you just need tracking number and govt ID.

What does partial protection includes??
In case your question has not been answered. (I have not reached the end of the posts yet). I was quoted $2,150 for the following in Atlanta:

The Full Front + Lower Sides PPF package includes PPF coverage for the panels where rock chips and other damage is most likely to occur:

Full Front
- Front Bumper
- Full Hood
- Full Fenders
- Headlamps
- Mirror Caps
- Door Cups/Handles
- Partial A-Pillars

Lower Sides
- Lower Doors
- Rocker Panels
- Rear-Wheel Impact Area

Reactions: TESRP and BitJam
In case your question has not been answered. (I have not reached the end of the posts yet). I was quoted $2,150 for the following in Atlanta:

The Full Front + Lower Sides PPF package includes PPF coverage for the panels where rock chips and other damage is most likely to occur:

Full Front
- Front Bumper
- Full Hood
- Full Fenders
- Headlamps
- Mirror Caps
- Door Cups/Handles
- Partial A-Pillars

Lower Sides
- Lower Doors
- Rocker Panels
- Rear-Wheel Impact Area
is that xpel?

$72,990​

Key Features​

• Solid Black Paint
  • 21’’ Überturbine Wheels
  • Black and White Premium Interior
  • Full Self-Driving Capability
  • Performance Upgrade
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Carbon Fiber Spoiler
  • Performance Pedals
  • Performance Brakes

Hey all! I was scheduled for pickup Monday night - had everything lined up. SC called me today........ Got excited thinking the car arrived early.. Car is delayed due to issues with the railroad. She set me tentative for Thursday 9/2, but told me to expect it to push out another week. It's like, they still get you after you've got the VIN and the delivery date. #TheStruggleIsReal
I work in Supply Chain, Logistics area and can tell you that US is facing major issues related to congestion of rail network and shortage of truck drivers. Lot of containers going into Mid-west are getting significantly delayed as there is no rail capacity. I am sure this has impact on movement of cars from Freemont to Mid West and East Coast. It's going to be long wait for many of us. Hope things improve over next few weeks.

I am on the same boat ordered 5/7 and VINLess :( EDD is just October
It’s hard to understand how May orders are still out there. It’s puzzling really, unless it’s some weird combination of geography and build type or something else out of our control. It seems pretty typical for a MYLR to take two to three months while a performance model can easily take less than a month. If I was 10 years younger and $10000 richer, I’d be driving a MYP right now. And of course I wish that I’d been born rich instead of so good looking 😜Hang in there, it’ll be worth the wait!

Am I the only one who excitedly started ordering accessories, and now have my wife asking why I bought a bunch of stuff for a car that we won’t get for another six months?

Here’s what Ive gotten so far for my MYP coming next week.

Maxpider mats and frunk mat
Tesla OEM rugged mat for the trunk
blue ambient lights for the front
blue ambient lights for the rear seats (add on from Abstract Ocean. Super easy to install and OEMish)
Matte screen protector
Black Tesla T badge for the hood
T E S L A badge for the back
Matte Dual Motor badge with black/red stripe for the back
Mudflaps
20” INOVIT® - YSM-919 TURBINE in Gunmetal wheels with tires to replace the 21s
Black door lock protectors
White center console wrap
Appt for front window and windshield tint for the 8th (going 35% & 70%) as well as front bumper PPF
Taking the Tesla “T” branded stems and “TESLA” with the “T” puddle lights off my Model 3 and placing them on it as well.

I’m probably forgetting stuff but here is what I remembered. HA!

Here’s what Ive gotten so far for my MYP coming next week.

Maxpider mats and frunk mat
Tesla OEM rugged mat for the trunk
blue ambient lights for the front
blue ambient lights for the rear seats (add on from Abstract Ocean. Super easy to install and OEMish)
Matte screen protector
Black Tesla T badge for the hood
T E S L A badge for the back
Matte Dual Motor badge with black/red stripe for the back
Mudflaps
20” INOVIT® - YSM-919 TURBINE in Gunmetal wheels with tires to replace the 21s
Black door lock protectors
White center console wrap
Appt for front window and windshield tint for the 8th (going 35% & 70%) as well as front bumper PPF
Taking the Tesla “T” branded stems and “TESLA” with the “T” puddle lights off my Model 3 and placing them on it as well.

I’m probably forgetting stuff but here is what I remembered. HA!
Man. You’re gonna have some fun with all that! I like everything you’re doing and what’s in the works. Especially like the mat combination and blue ambient lighting. Thanks for sharing your most excellent to do list.

• Love
Reactions: JaeTheDev and TESRP
Not good, folks, not good. My Sept 15-30 EDD that was locked for about a week just got into October 3.0. Even after my SA confirmed my car will be built in the 3rd week of September. I have no idea what the hell is going on. I switched to financing and started shopping for quotes before the weekend but that should not have affected the EDD, right? It changed today and I switched the payment method on Friday.

I could use a hug.

Not good, folks, not good. My Sept 15-30 EDD that was locked for about a week just got into October 3.0. Even after my SA confirmed my car will be built in the 3rd week of September. I have no idea what the hell is going on. I switched to financing and started shopping for quotes before the weekend but that should not have affected the EDD, right? It changed today and I switched the payment method on Friday.

I could use a hug.
Lots and lots of people got a generic October today. Others have been slowly reporting generic December or January placeholders too.

I don't think switching to financing should have impacted it. I feel like it would have been safer to wait to switch to financing after you have a VIN assigned. But my guess is that it wouldn't impact it...but then again, it's Tesla.

Lots and lots of people got a generic October today. Others have been slowly reporting generic December or January placeholders too.

I don't think switching to financing should have impacted it. I feel like it would have been safer to wait to switch to financing after you have a VIN assigned. But my guess is that it wouldn't impact it...but then again, it's Tesla.
I know that the general advice is to switch to financing with VIN in hand. For some reason I listened to my SA (who is a nice guy to work with after all) who advised to start the process now and even implied that Tesla favors those who have finance quote in place. I really doubt it is true and I probably bit the bullet a bit here and it is Tesla so he might be entirely wrong - we shall see...

Reactions: TESRP
Got a vin this morning!! Was a nice way to wake up this morning. i have still been refreshing my account page throughout the day expecting the VIN to disappear.
Delivery set for the 15th, hoping that i can pick it up sooner. :)
Congrats! It is however super discouraging for me to see a late June order getting delivery in two weeks... You have some extra features there though. End of May here, sitting ducks!

Reactions: TESRP and BitJam
I know that the general advice is to switch to financing with VIN in hand. For some reason I listened to my SA (who is a nice guy to work with after all) who advised to start the process now and even implied that Tesla favors those who have finance quote in place. I really doubt it is true and I probably bit the bullet a bit here and it is Tesla so he might be entirely wrong - we shall see...
Fingers crossed for a short Oktoberfest. Based on what I've read, it seems like your SA might have been incorrect. But I honestly don't know. Hoping we all switch back to normal times in a few days!

I could use a hug.
Switching to financing should not impact. However, I would not go with SA words and start shopping for loans and have credit checks. There is no guarantee that whatever SA said is correct. I would wait till I see VIN before I switch to loan. I am tempted too as my SA said I would get a VIN on Sep 1st, however today my EDD changed to October.

Reactions: ZeeMike