Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my MY on 8/27 @ Princeton, NJ. No major issues at all, panel gaps were fine, paint was perfect. Odometer was 3 miles.
Chatting with the delivery guy, he mentioned they were delivering 100 cars this week and 180 next week.
The SC was certainly packed with cars and they don't keep them all on-site.
Was your experience quick when picking up? When did you get a call to confirm the appointment? I have heard nothing from Princeton, basically I did everything by calling Tesla directly.
From those 100 cars, one is mine hopefully, picking up on Thursday same location.

Last edited:
So I ordered a MYLR5 on 6/19. I set up financing through Tesla at the time and I have changed nothing since the day I ordered. Last week checked with my bank (BoA) and got a better interest rate (2.19%). The bank just needs a MVPA in the next three weeks or so. I’ve not seen any changes on my account concerning the next steps or completed tasks. Is it foolish to just sit back and wait for a VIN or should I be more aggressive and start asking questions about my status on their end? I’d like to wait it out for a VIN assignment and then make arrangements concerning the BoA loan for the car. Any suggestions? Currently, my EDD is 9/11-9/25 and hasn’t moved for almost two and a half weeks. I’m almost afraid to contact my SA for fear of getting bad advice.
SA won’t help much unfortunately, you are just going to have to wait until VIN is assigned. Generally I have noticed that when EDD starts to shrink, EDD is imminent, but again we are talking about TESLA.

Anyone know what the SC does for front license plate brackets? Unfortunately in VA which is a state that requires you muck up the front of your vehicle with a second plate. I have home delivery on the 8th and I don’t want the SC to use adhesive if that’s what they usually do. I’ll get an aftermarket one that doesn’t use adhesive.

Anyone know what the SC does for front license plate brackets? Unfortunately in VA which is a state that requires you muck up the front of your vehicle with a second plate. I have home delivery on the 8th and I don’t want the SC to use adhesive if that’s what they usually do. I’ll get an aftermarket one that doesn’t use adhesive.
CA is also one of those states. Not sure in Virginia specific but from what I know is that they do not install front license plate. Usually, they either keep them in glove box or trunk both for delivery or pick up.

SA won’t help much unfortunately, you are just going to have to wait until VIN is assigned. Generally I have noticed that when EDD starts to shrink, EDD is imminent, but again we are talking about TESLA.
Well I’ll keep my fingers crossed. My EDD did shrink somewhat from 9/12-9/30 to 9/11-9/25 yesterday and is steady. The only time I ever talked to my SA was on the day of my test drive and no one from Tesla has ever called or texted, but I haven’t pestered them either. Today was the first time I’ve called and talked to anyone there and it seemed like a good call to update my payment section.

Reactions: TESRP
Day 5 of EDD being on January... Starting to get nervous. Anyone in the midwest have any updates on their EDD recently?
Same boat @MTANKCL9 - EDD currently sitting in Jan. Let's see what happens tomorrow, some folks are sayings the generic month EDDs may change tomorrow/Tuesday.
Side-note: Went to the Grand Ave SC yesterday on a whim as I had a bit of time to kill, and no one could provide any different or updated news on the EDD (as expected). Flip side, I test-drove a MYP (which I hadn't before). You can def tell the difference, thanks to the larger wheels/tires, and not in a good way (for my purposes). I couldn't tell the 1" height difference, however. All that to say... if the EDD doesn't change to something this year when I do need the car, I'll probably swap my order to a MYP (if the delivery times hold on those) or place a new MYP order. Fingers crossed!

When I picked up my MY SR in NY they provided both a front and rear bracket. The unused one was in trunk.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Was your experience quick when picking up? When did you get a call to confirm the appointment? I have heard nothing from Princeton, basically I did everything by calling Tesla directly.
From those 100 cars, one is mine hopefully, picking up on Thursday same location.
My pickup was scheduled for Friday 8/27 @ 11am. I got a call from the delivery team on Tuesday to go over making sure all my paperwork was in order. She mentioned the car would be available on Thursday, but my wife was to be in an all day meeting, but they moved my appointment up to 10am as they had a bunch for 11am.
I was sent pickup instructions via email after the call. When we got there on Friday, being basically the first pickup of the day, someone was outside to show me where my car was, went over what we needed to do to accept delivery. Was told to take our time looking everything over and then to sign the papers. He said any issues to let them know, all we found was some tape residue on the glass roof which he took care of quickly.
A pretty painless pickup process over all.

2AC7B77F-5F66-4867-877B-444D287C22FF.jpeg
Picked her up this afternoon. Delivery was smooth and lasted as long as I made it. A couple of things that I’ll schedule service for but nothing bad enough for me to reject delivery. Only noticeable thing was the rear wheel is missing its cover. You can see the lug nuts. Other than that, we are happy and can’t wait to spend more time in it.
824DEA3D-5BD3-444A-B885-A6025585A425.jpeg
9C44C02E-1BD6-4883-A2AA-27ABBF4BEE5C.jpeg
8C9D0CC1-E1D0-4D0A-9344-DD6DA531F27B.jpeg

My pickup was scheduled for Friday 8/27 @ 11am. I got a call from the delivery team on Tuesday to go over making sure all my paperwork was in order. She mentioned the car would be available on Thursday, but my wife was to be in an all day meeting, but they moved my appointment up to 10am as they had a bunch for 11am.
I was sent pickup instructions via email after the call. When we got there on Friday, being basically the first pickup of the day, someone was outside to show me where my car was, went over what we needed to do to accept delivery. Was told to take our time looking everything over and then to sign the papers. He said any issues to let them know, all we found was some tape residue on the glass roof which he took care of quickly.
A pretty painless pickup process over all.
Thanks, good to know that they will call 😂 and delivery was smooth.

Reactions: PatrickTM
View attachment 702994Picked her up this afternoon. Delivery was smooth and lasted as long as I made it. A couple of things that I’ll schedule service for but nothing bad enough for me to reject delivery. Only noticeable thing was the rear wheel is missing its cover. You can see the lug nuts. Other than that, we are happy and can’t wait to spend more time in it.View attachment 702995View attachment 702996View attachment 702999
Sweet! That’s the color I wished I’d ordered. But I’m not about to change anything now - I’m too close and don’t wanna f anything up, so white is what it’ll be. Looks like you’re having a great weekend!

Reactions: Jonasbrotha
I am one of those with a generic "January" EDD at the moment. My frustration right now isn't necessarily with the January EDD as my MY LR purchase definitely falls in the "want" and not "need" category. What is a bigger issue for me is that there are some things in my life that I need to schedule (outside of my LR delivery) that would preclude taking delivery and with the constantly changing EDDs, it makes it very difficult to schedule those things. I am guessing I am not the only one with that issue. Thanks for letting me vent.

MYLR, Midnight Silver, Full Auto Driving - ordered 8/17. EDD January. The wait will suck, but hopefully Tesla releases Auto Driving before delivery date. If the Auto Driving faces more setbacks before the delivery, I may cancel that option. I'm told it's only a software change - so they can turn on/off easily.

View attachment 702994Picked her up this afternoon. Delivery was smooth and lasted as long as I made it. A couple of things that I’ll schedule service for but nothing bad enough for me to reject delivery. Only noticeable thing was the rear wheel is missing its cover. You can see the lug nuts. Other than that, we are happy and can’t wait to spend more time in it.View attachment 702995View attachment 702996View attachment 702999
Congrats. Looks amazing. Love your style!