Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 703174

I am in TX, did anyone else receive this ? My EDD was pushed to October and I was already in agony and there they send this in an old conversation about my trade-in.

No news on generation, just mega pack, no idea what is all this about.
Interesting. They did mention that they would be mostly "targeting existing Tesla customers." I wonder if this is to do this type of direct advertising, which is super cheap compared to a mass advertising campaign.

If you were to consider this, the big benefit per my understanding is if there is another power outage like this past winter, you could potentially still have power because they have enterprise-scale backup. Much of Texas's energy (like many states) has to be generated based on demand, and is not stored. When you can't generate, because the equipment fails, or its outside of operating guidelines, there is no power. The difference in Texas as you are probably aware is that you are disconnected from the federal electrical grid, which would typically allow you to draw from neighboring states to avoid widespread outages when your state cannot generate.

Reactions: BitJam and chand
To the long-timers, does it seem that it's EOM or EOQ that drives the EDDs to the generic month? It would seem like EOM would make sense as they consolidate orders and batch production. Doing so quarterly would seem too infrequent. This time around October/January obviously matches up with just after EOQ, but some of you seemed to report an August and September jail previously.
The longer members have been here, the less they try to rationalize with logic. I've had Octobers end of week, mid-month, EOM (like now) and some different changes before, in between, and after.

To the long-timers, does it seem that it's EOM or EOQ that drives the EDDs to the generic month? It would seem like EOM would make sense as they consolidate orders and batch production. Doing so quarterly would seem too infrequent. This time around October/January obviously matches up with just after EOQ, but some of you seemed to report an August and September jail previously.
Yes, typically EOQ and end of Month have previously resulted in stagnated EDD's, not always generic months though. I think when July turned to august for me, my EDD froze at one range for 5-6 days making me optimistic a vin was imminemt and then one morning another week pushback.

September bloodbaths and Octoberfests can hit anytime.

Honestly, to anyone who's not been waiting atleast 2.5 months, don't read too much into the EDD's, a few lucky ones will get VIN's sooner but most of us have endured waits past our original EDD timeframe. I feel fortunate at this point to see a light at the end of the tunnel for my journey. My wait from order to delivery will be 12 weeks, 6 days. My original EDD timeframe was 7-11 weeks. So an extra week or two isn't bad in my book.

We all have to realize that Tesla can only produce a certain number of MY's (supply) and Demand seems to have overwhelmed that supply so Tesla is in the fortunate position to pick and choose which orders get fulfilled.

Top lessons of all this: be patient, keep an eye on inventory, keep your profile complete, don't change your configuration, do cash payment until you Get a vin, don't submit trade info until you get a vin and shop around to atleast vroom, carvana and carmax (sold my previous car to carvana for a windfall).

Top lessons of all this: be patient, keep an eye on inventory, keep your profile complete, don't change your configuration, do cash payment until you Get a vin, don't submit trade info until you get a vin and shop around to atleast vroom, carvana and carmax (sold my previous car to carvana for a windfall).
I didn't know any of this when I converted my reservation into an order... any suggestions on whether I should/how I can remove financing and trade-in? Neither are expired yet but trade-in will be soon. I don't want to fuss with my order online and screw up anything.

Reactions: PatrickTM
I didn't know any of this when I converted my reservation into an order... any suggestions on whether I should/how I can remove financing and trade-in? Neither are expired yet but trade-in will be soon. I don't want to fuss with my order online and screw up anything.
sounds like the best way is to call the SA from some past posts I've read. If you don't have one, then call a SC and ask for some assistance, or maybe that 1888 number being passed around can help?

I would contact your SA or go into the SC and have them remove it and make them confirm your profile looks complete before you finish.

The longer members have been here, the less they try to rationalize with logic. I've had Octobers end of week, mid-month, EOM (like now) and some different changes before, in between, and after.
Yes, typically EOQ and end of Month have previously resulted in stagnated EDD's, not always generic months though. I think when July turned to august for me, my EDD froze at one range for 5-6 days making me optimistic a vin was imminemt and then one morning another week pushback.
Fair enough, hah ha! The analyst in me is trying to decipher a pattern. But sometimes chaos reigns supreme.

Fair enough, hah ha! The analyst in me is trying to decipher a pattern. But sometimes chaos reigns supreme.
Earlier in my wait I tried to read the tea leaves and failed at trying to predict when I'd get a VIN. Around end of July I was convinced I would get a vin in the first week or two of august based on previous VIN assignments, then those two weeks passed, and I gave up hope, started to talk to my SA about switching to a M3P order and then a miracle happened on a friday evening a week after my "forecasted Vinsday".

All this to say, there is no rhyme or reason why somebody gets their tesla sooner than others. There is some non- empirical evidence that a vanilla configuration (white/ black, 19", basic) configs receive vins sooner, and also some with 3rd rows and tow option have had exceptionally long waits. If you read back far enough you'll see all these comments. I've been here since around page 400 so I've seen almost anything that can happen at this point.

I just contacted my SA via email to update financing and trade-in. I just recently had an issue with the trade-in where I apparently didn't specify that I had a loan attached, so I stopped into the Tesla store at the KOP mall and they quickly updated my account so I could proceed.

Also helps when you have a responsive SA, which gladly I do (Chris at KOP).

Earlier in my wait I tried to read the tea leaves and failed at trying to predict when I'd get a VIN. Around end of July I was convinced I would get a vin in the first week or two of august based on previous VIN assignments, then those two weeks passed, and I gave up hope, started to talk to my SA about switching to a M3P order and then a miracle happened on a friday evening a week after my "forecasted Vinsday".

All this to say, there is no rhyme or reason why somebody gets their tesla sooner than others. There is some non- empirical evidence that a vanilla configuration (white/ black, 19", basic) configs receive vins sooner, and also some with 3rd rows and tow option have had exceptionally long waits. If you read back far enough you'll see all these comments. I've been here since around page 400 so I've seen almost anything that can happen at this point.
I think when I joined (around page 1300) I went back and started reading from about page 700 because apparently I'm a masochist and saw some of those anecdotal cases. It made me hop around to some local waiting rooms, similar build waiting rooms, take a peak at the spreadsheet, etc. Like you and everyone else, I haven't found any patterns. Tea leaves is a fantastic analogy.

It's still fun for now though and helps pass the wait. I'm sure that'll change come November, December, January, February... 😅

I can assure you there's a design/pattern to this, but not one that will ever be based on common sense or equity. They just have a system with like 50k variables, and then they try to create an output of a specific day for people. It was an insanely bad decision on their part, so now you just get to sit back and watch Chaos do its thing.

1630337291081.png

I can assure you there's a design/pattern to this, but not one that will ever be based on common sense or equity. They just have a system with like 50k variables, and then they try to create an output of a specific day for people. It was an insanely bad decision on their part, so now you just get to sit back and watch Chaos do its thing.

View attachment 703207
Love it!

For sure, they have a system. Logistics as a whole is mind boggling to me. It doesn't seem that Tesla does just-in-time manufacturing, but hearing about all the moving parts to enable JIT is truly impressive. Definitely a massive orchestration.

Reactions: shoemakj and ajs847
When trade-in expired first time, within few seconds after I updated odometer, the system had new offer in place. For the second time, nothing moved after I completed my tasks, for a day, I sent them mail, a reply came immediately and within few minutes, mail came with updated offer. I am not sure if these are completely automated, I believe my mail triggered something, trade-in valuations must be getting queued up, someone from the other end has to move it further, no idea why it did not take even a minute at the time of order or first time renewal.

Cash/Loan/Trade-In can all be added/removed/edited even after VIN assignment, there is no evidence this has affected delivery date for anyone on this forum. I had loan at the beginning changed it to cash after a month.

Top notch summary by @ajs847, agree with him on every word, reduce the variables, under given circumstances i.e Tesla not being able to deliver before any of these can expire for the first time, equations need to be changed.

Reactions: ajs847