Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have thoughts on Tesla's new foray into energy generation in Texas? I suppose it makes sense, but I get lost a little in the actual business model. I know they are building a megapack plant near Houston, but will they actually be "generating" energy or just storing it? Assumedly they are also not getting into distribution (which is separate from generation here in NJ, maybe it's different in Texas).

I've also been reading they are considering going to market with home HVAC. Makes a lot of sense with the investment they've made in a super simplified and efficient heatpump for the car, and maybe it could be useful in the Euro-style room-by-room heat pump application. Honestly it's way more efficient than our American whole house heating/cooling with ducts, so could also fit into their eco-friendly branding.

I think both are positive as any new revenue generation helps the stock!
1630330546101.png

I am in TX, did anyone else receive this ? My EDD was pushed to October and I was already in agony and there they send this in an old conversation about my trade-in.

No news on generation, just mega pack, no idea what is all this about.

Guys... I can't do it anymore. I'm upgrading to MYP. You only live once, might has well live it 1.3 seconds faster. To edit my design do I have to call Tesla? I cant seem to find an option to change my order..

Strong suggestion to give it a few days. I have a 6/21 order date and got a VIN last week. If you look back at the daily VIN history, you'll see at the same point last quarter (5 weeks until quarter end) a massive amount of VIN's were issued. There's a good chance you switch to MYP and the MYLR would've arrived sooner.

Holy smokes, so here's some useful information that some of you might need..
So I was confused on how to change my MWLR to MYP because I didn't have an option. I checked a YouTube video and the guy explained that you can simply press "Edit Design" on the Manage section on your account. I checked, and for some reason I didn't have that option. After doing some research apparently theres two reasons because of this, first is if you submitted your info, it can get removed. Also some accounts just randomly have a system error.
So for the folks who would like to change their cars design you simply have to use this link and copy and paste your RN where the x's are to edit your design.
https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RNxxxxxxxx

Honestly seems kind of weird for the worlds most techy car company to be running into issues on their own website...
Actually, the edit design button disappears 24 hours after placing the order. At this point, all you need to do is contact Tesla and they will change the order to want you now want.

Holy smokes, so here's some useful information that some of you might need..
So I was confused on how to change my MWLR to MYP because I didn't have an option. I checked a YouTube video and the guy explained that you can simply press "Edit Design" on the Manage section on your account. I checked, and for some reason I didn't have that option. After doing some research apparently theres two reasons because of this, first is if you submitted your info, it can get removed. Also some accounts just randomly have a system error.
So for the folks who would like to change their cars design you simply have to use this link and copy and paste your RN where the x's are to edit your design.
https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RNxxxxxxxx

Honestly seems kind of weird for the worlds most techy car company to be running into issues on their own website...
This doesn’t seem to work as you stated. Maybe it only works For new orders

OD July 16 MYLR Blue/Black 5 seats, EDD October last 3 days
So somehow we are in the same market, you ordered the same config it appears as me, 8 days sooner, but are 3 months ahead of me? As I'm stuck in January (hopefully only temporary), I know they make in batches but this makes absolutely no sense

Let this also serve as my EDD remains January at the moment....

Reactions: TESRP and PatrickTM
Talked to a Richmond SA yesterday who told me “literally any minute now” for a VIN. EDD change this morning went from 17-30 Sept to 21 Oct - 10 Nov. It had been consistent for two weeks with the Sept dates.

I think we are going to give it another week and then cancel if nothing changes. We cant continue that long with what we have, and that time frame is a no-go with our schedule (vacation, work, anniversary, USMC Birthday Ball, etc). We’ll see what happens, super disappointing though.
@Joshnolan225, let me know how this goes. I have the same config and SC, except ordered 40 days later. I am not in a desperate need yet, but might be soon though. My EDD shows just October for the last one week, no specific dates.

Hopefully, you get the VIN this week, if you had not got one already (just catching up on the posts).

haven't seen any vin reassignments yet this quarter. Typically the closer to EOQ we get, orders that can't be delivered by then will get vins reassigned, stay tuned the next few weeks.
This is another villain, for people who are blessed with VIN, agony continues and specially when we are closer to EDD start, we have to keep everything settled (watch for those about to expire trade-in, loan offers) and of course keep refreshing madly.

Reactions: ajs847
To the long-timers, does it seem that it's EOM or EOQ that drives the EDDs to the generic month? It would seem like EOM would make sense as they consolidate orders and batch production. Doing so quarterly would seem too infrequent. This time around October/January obviously matches up with just after EOQ, but some of you seemed to report an August and September jail previously.

So somehow we are in the same market, you ordered the same config it appears as me, 8 days sooner, but are 3 months ahead of me? As I'm stuck in January (hopefully only temporary), I know they make in batches but this makes absolutely no sense

Let this also serve as my EDD remains January at the moment....
I'm also still seeing January. My OOD was 7/24, this EDD makes no sense.

I just had what could be a helpful learning for everyone here:

My financing expired today. I had called Tesla late last night to switch to cash ahead of the expiration, but couldn't get to them before their local reps closed up shop. I called this morning and the generic SA confirmed he switched it for me. However, I doublechecked by logging back into my account while we were still on the phone. There was a big blue "Continue" button underneath the new Cash payment method. I asked him if I should click it so I can continue to be prioritized. He told me "No, that will take you to Plaid to make the payment." This sounded weird, so despite what he said I clicked it after we hung up. *THIS STEP COMPLETED MY PROFILE* It did not take me to Plaid, and only after clicking it did my page look like it does before my financing expiration. If you switch to cash, make sure you doublecheck this and click Continue if necessary. I am also in the process of calling back to get a different SA just to re-confirm.

tldr: Check your profile after any SA changes anything, and call in to a different one to reconfirm.
When I called to change to cash yesterday, my rep told me to click continue. He stayed on the phone with me the entire time to make sure everything looked good on his end.

When I called to change to cash yesterday, my rep told me to click continue. He stayed on the phone with me the entire time to make sure everything looked good on his end.
Good grief. The number of orders that must get hung up by customers receiving poor information from whoever they talk with, especially for those sane enough not to be on TMC. Are we sure Tesla isn't a US Gov't agency? Their customer service sure seems to be run like one.