Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ok well I havent heard anything yet, I emailed my SA who I placed my original order with. But thinking I should call some number, maybe that 1888 number. I have not finalized financing yet as I'm not entirely sure on the protocol here.
If you have your VIN then you should have the MVPA. If you are finincing with a 3rd party then you need to apply and once approved you'd send them the MVPA. Then you're only left to pay the remaning balance apart from the loan.

Last edited:
Reactions: TESRP
If you have your VIN then you should have the MVPA. If you are finincing with a 3rd party then you need to apply and onve apporved you'd send them the MVPA. Then you're only left to pay the remaning balance apart from the loan.
so I should just go ahead and finalize the loan then. The only option I have on it right now is to finalize the payment method.

Last edited:
Awesome! That's a lot of referral supercharging (for us mortals, not social media influencers), good for you.

I know of several Youtubers that have taken delivery of their free referral Model S and Model X cars. But those were very specific contests, like three cars total worldwide per contest, one for N America, one for Europe, and one for Asia-Pacific. The 10% of Roadster referral will end up proving to be a lot more problematic and costly for Tesla. Quite a few people have multiple free Roadsters. At $250k of lost revenue per unit, that will be challenging to a company like Tesla. That'll mean tens of millions of dollars for Tesla. But they keep delaying the Roadster, so that looming question keeps getting kicked down the road.
Totally agree with you. Referrals once upon a time were based on really grass roots efforts. Not SEO or giant YouTube channels. And it was feasible for Tesla to give away some cool swag, as opposed to $250k Roadsters. (PS, 2,000 of my referral miles were me referring myself from S to 3, lol)

Talked to a very nice woman at my local Tesla SA about my current no EDD situation and she was very helpful. I'll take the information given with a bit of skepticism but way more info than my assigned SA (he is on holiday) has given me. It also aligns with what my window was indicating prior to going to October then to no mans land...

Told her about my situation, expecting delivery in the next few weeks, and now I have no EDD and want to understand what is going on. She took a bit of time looking up my account, read back some notes from my SA to confirm some information, and checked some other systems.

Comes back and tells me, right now we have a booking delivery window of 9/20-9/24 for you and typically it is 3wks prior to the booking window you should receive a VIN. So looking at the calendar that would be sometime next week. Looks like your booking window had moved around a bit since ordered, but at this point it looks pretty stable and our experience is that this is pretty accurate +/- a day or two when you are within 30 days.

Why I have no EDD, she was not sure, but guessing end of month reset and pending VIN based on booking window. Says everything looks good, and there was a note about resubmitting my financing after receiving VIN and that will not hold up an assignment.

So optimistic the end is near 🤞🤞🤞, but every ding from my email will until I get a VIN will likely put me on edge...

Awesome! That's a lot of referral supercharging (for us mortals, not social media influencers), good for you.

I know of several Youtubers that have taken delivery of their free referral Model S and Model X cars. But those were very specific contests, like three cars total worldwide per contest, one for N America, one for Europe, and one for Asia-Pacific. The 10% of Roadster referral will end up proving to be a lot more problematic and costly for Tesla. Quite a few people have multiple free Roadsters. At $250k of lost revenue per unit, that will be challenging to a company like Tesla. That'll mean tens of millions of dollars for Tesla. But they keep delaying the Roadster, so that looming question keeps getting kicked down the road.
What’s their line “oh, we *changed* the Roadster, so the particular model you had ordered is no longer available and we have cancelled your order. You are welcome to place a new order at full price” 😂😂

Talked to a very nice woman at my local Tesla SA about my current no EDD situation and she was very helpful. I'll take the information given with a bit of skepticism but way more info than my assigned SA (he is on holiday) has given me. It also aligns with what my window was indicating prior to going to October then to no mans land...

Told her about my situation, expecting delivery in the next few weeks, and now I have no EDD and want to understand what is going on. She took a bit of time looking up my account, read back some notes from my SA to confirm some information, and checked some other systems.

Comes back and tells me, right now we have a booking delivery window of 9/20-9/24 for you and typically it is 3wks prior to the booking window you should receive a VIN. So looking at the calendar that would be sometime next week. Looks like your booking window had moved around a bit since ordered, but at this point it looks pretty stable and our experience is that this is pretty accurate +/- a day or two when you are within 30 days.

Why I have no EDD, she was not sure, but guessing end of month reset and pending VIN based on booking window. Says everything looks good, and there was a note about resubmitting my financing after receiving VIN and that will not hold up an assignment.

So optimistic the end is near 🤞🤞🤞, but every ding from my email will until I get a VIN will likely put me on edge...
Good luck! I have close to the same config and am about a month behind you based on EDD and order date.

Has your initial financing expired?

Has your initial financing expired?
It did about 20 days back, Talked to my SA and he said he will reapply it once I got a VIN. I did talk with someone at TESLA's 1-800 number and he did something on his side and I got an email almost instantly looking to approve my financing terms but looked like I didn't have to do anything in the system to accept. I wasn't changing the terms and nothing financially changed for me.

the SA I talked to today said that having expired terms won't prevent a VIN assignment...

It did about 20 days back, Talked to my SA and he said he will reapply it once I got a VIN. I did talk with someone at TESLA's 1-800 number and he did something on his side and I got an email almost instantly looking to approve my financing terms but looked like I didn't have to do anything in the system to accept. I wasn't changing the terms and nothing financially changed for me.

the SA I talked to today said that having expired terms won't prevent a VIN assignment...
Interesting...

We're starting to get some mixed feedback and conflicting guidance. Over the course of the last week several people commented on expired financing setting their profile back to "incomplete". I wonder if Tesla has updated the system to remove that hurdle.

don't do this. you have nothing to worry as you get closer to actual delivery they will remind you that your quote has expired and it will re-run. Unless you tanked on your credit between order date and delivery you have nothing to worry. DO NOT remove financing unless you are certain about cash approach.. I am saying basis the exact experience as yours. remember most finance quotes are valid for at max 60 days. with Tesla everyone knows delays are inevitable.
his financing already expired, hence the recommendation. Wouldn't advise anyone to remove a valid financing. When financing expires, they don't notify you and according to the SA I spoke with when I found out mine expired, he said I need to either rerun it or set it to cash to be prioritized for a VIN. I've seen folks say they were re-ran automatically too so I don't know which is which but in the uncertainty of what could be, my suggestion is go with what is more certain won't expire - cash or 3rd party financing

If one assumes that my order date was reset on 7/23 because I changed color, what you said makes sense. But it's not clear that it was reset. Nothing about this process is transparent. We all assume things based on the data points that we have. Who knows!
If you go to your account and pull up the order agreement, it will have your new order date. That's how you know it reset. if it has your original date, then great but it will likely say July.

Reactions: PatrickTM

Insane, they must assign you a VIN already!

Many of you east coasters have to go through this ? Average wait time for east coasters must be more than 90 days.

Reactions: TESRP
Interesting...

We're starting to get some mixed feedback and conflicting guidance. Over the course of the last week several people commented on expired financing setting their profile back to "incomplete". I wonder if Tesla has updated the system to remove that hurdle.

This conflicting guidance is what prompted me to talk to a local SA yesterday. He said don't worry about my finance or trade in expiring. So I'm not going to remove or change either option or do a thing.

OK so went ahead and got the loan on the inventory. Got the pick up scheduled for 9/15. Still hanging onto my other order for the moment.

Question being, I don't have to submit the payment right now (the down payment that is), just prior to delivery, I'd like to verify that the car is on its way and my appointment is locked before I drop a whole lot of cash into Tesla's bank account.

ordered MYP a week ago (black exterior, white seats, 5 seater, no tow), live in NY. original delivery window was sept 5-24.

narrowed to sept 3-6 today on my webpage and got assigned a VIN.

some rando tesla people im talking to through text says they see my delivery window at sept 15-18.

anyone heard of this discrepancy before? was able to really track my previous model S from production to delivery in the past

also, no dedicated SA, just rando tesla staff through texts - was not like this for my model S.

Still no MVPA today even though rep said it would be there by noon yesterday so called again today. Rep says, the MVPA couldn't be generated because the trade in team hadn't evaluated the details of the trade I submitted weeks ago. She said she's put in a request for them to do that and she'll email the MVPA directly to me.
I asked about the 9/15 delivery that was auto set and she said, yes, the system did that and asked I want to move it up since car get there on the 12th. Heck yeah so new delivery is 9/13 10am

Reactions: PatrickTM
This conflicting guidance is what prompted me to talk to a local SA yesterday. He said don't worry about my finance or trade in expiring. So I'm not going to remove or change either option or do a thing.
I posted a couple pages ago that Tesla finance advised me that they will rerun my financing when I get scheduled for delivery. I have that in writing.

My order was 5/22, financing originally expired 7/22. Just checked my account and order agreement says 5/22 - called Tesla support and they confirmed my profile remained complete. No reason to risk a change by going back to cash. My EDD is 9/1-9/17

• Helpful
Reactions: PhillyGal
Insane, they must assign you a VIN already!

Many of you east coasters have to go through this ? Average wait time for east coasters must be more than 90 days.
I will be at 101 if my MYP delivers on time. That includes being 12 days from my delivery window from late July to late August with the window pushing one day every morning and eventually bailing on my LR order for an inventory P so I could get a VIN and move on with my life!

Reactions: chand and Drock77