Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems a lot of shifting dates From Tesla. Probably trying to get as many cars east and north of CA for EOQ delivery, then SoCal. I really won’t be shocked if we see Bay Area orders being home Delivered up to 11pm on the 30th.

I am going to attempt to stay away from here until Monday evening and enjoy the holiday weekend. I have a new obsession I’m researching to occupy me, POOL CLEANING ROBOTS! If anyone has thoughts or experience on those please message me direct. Need all the info so I can go shopping lol
I think you are right. They only count cars on earnings that are delivered. Weird way to do business.

Folks how many model Ys do they produce each month for sale within US? Any idea? Just curious to know the supply vs demand balance
These are the teslike estimates; I’m not sure if Tesla releases the actual numbers. I did see an article where Elon was quoted saying September would be the busiest month for deliveries ever 😮
1A8727A5-7A0F-4EA7-A57C-72CBACC9BCE7.jpeg

Do any new owners have the front castings in their MY? I read an article from May saying they were producing front castings in Fremont, but another article from early August said that Elon mentioned that only Berlin and Texas would be incorporating them into MYs.

PS. my EDD just slid from mid-Oct to late Oct.

So I’m curious since I’m waiting in a VIN with everyone else. Can you get a VIN any day Sunday through Saturday or is it more a weekday thing?
I got my VIN on a Sunday; seemed like a new one at the time.
You must have gotten in before the rush. I hesitated and ordered on 7/23. My EDD has bounced around from November to January. I spoke to a SA who said she hopes I get my MYLR before the end of the year. Current EDD is 11/15-12/05.
OD of 7/17 here, it will be a total of 54 days from OD to delivery if all holds up for 9/8 delivery. They actually called to see if we want to take delivery today, but we’re out of town. That would have been a 50 day cycle time! Don’t know how I got lucky but I’ve been trying not to jinx anything.

Might help that my wife’s maiden name is Musk. 😉

I think you are right. They only count cars on earnings that are delivered. Weird way to do business.

Just read something on this the other day. With traditional dealerships, the sale is counted once the dealership takes ownership of the car from the manufacturer. So the only EOQ push for someone like Ford or GM is to get the truckload of cars to the dealership, then they all count as sold.

Tesla sells direct to consumer, so the sale is not considered completed until the end user takes delivery. This is why there's this big individual EOQ push.

I had a thought I wanted to share with everyone. I notice tons of comments on here saying how they have unresponsive SAs and they text and call and email and never get a response. I would agree with this…I had the same experience. My SA would generally respond within a day or two for the first few weeks, but then went totally silent and never responded again throughout the 4 months since I ordered.

The way I have been able to get updates, change financing, etc. has always been to just call the number listed on Google Maps for the delivery center where I am taking delivery (Charlotte, NC) and waiting on hold for a bit (usually around 20 minutes or so) and then just talking to whoever answers. My actual SA has never answered, but everyone different person that has picked up (probably around 5 different people at this point over the last 4 months) has been super helpful and friendly and always provides the info I need or makes the updates to my account instantly every time.

Just thought I would throw that out there as an option to anyone not having luck with getting through to their “assigned” SA. I gave up on that long ago.

Hopefully this helps someone :)