Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know what happens if you reject the car? Do you go back in line or do you just have to place a new order?
You do not have to place a new order. Your order is still active, and they'll work to get you another car.

Do you go to back of production queue? That, like all things Tesla, has been inconsistent. Some people have worked closely with their SAs to get on a priority list, and their SA followed through and they've ended up with another VIN in as soon as two weeks. Others seemed to have ended up at the back of the production queue and wait 2+ months for another VIN. If it is still possible, try to work with your SA and explain your specific situation.

who will be SA? I placed an order with a sales advisor from the national CALL center. He then introduced me to an operational person who gave me couple of updates during wait. Then my delivery center called and gave ma direct number and that person has been primary contact. Though all 3 of them had been very hard to reach by phone. My delivery center guy reply to text very frequently buy never picked up phone. I am really confused as who can help. My car which was supposed to be brand new is already in repair for close to 2 week now.

Have you confirmed the dates with your SA? The online dates tend to be a bit off. They have access to more details than us it seems? But either way you hopefully are one of the lucky to hit a EDD so fast
I don’t really have an SA. I made an appointment to test drive, but my husband got there first and instead of looking up my appointment, they did it under his name. The guy who put us in the car was no where to be found after, and the other man there wasn’t helpful, plus I wanted to think about whether I wanted FSD or not. I ended up placing the order online that night. I guess I could just call Tesla, but I’m tempted to just let it ride and see what happens.
So your OD is 8/13 and EDD is 9/27 - that's record time to get delivery.
Yeah, it would be a record for sure, which leaves me questioning it, but I’m trying not to get excited till I have a VIN. My husband thought maybe it’s prioritized because we are dropping money on a Tesla roof and have a Cybertruck on order too, but the car is only under me and the roof under him, and two addresses since the roof is going on our cabin, so I don’t think that theory pans out.
Interesting, yup that would be very fast if it was delivered before EoQ. My guess is that because the early end of EDD is pre EoQ, that the late end of EDD is displaying 30Sep, but is actually much later.

Sorry @Reebles I'm trying to analyze your dates but also trying to not get your hopes up. Unless something really crazy happens I don't think your EDD will slip to the right, and you'll be getting a VIN maybe in another month and half or so. Then again, crazier things have happened.
Getting my hopes up is the thing I need to work on the most. As the date gets closer, I get excited but this thread always pulls me back to reality. 😂

Getting my hopes up is the thing I need to work on the most. As the date gets closer, I get excited but this thread always pulls me back to reality. 😂

Definitely keep us posted. I was like you and magically got bumped up from November to September EDD but that only lasted for a few days. I am not too sure about the logic about letting some of the later orders slip into September.

Reactions: ConchChick
Great news! Delivery is scheduled for tomorrow. Just sent over the DocuSign documents from DCU for the 1.24% match. Yes, we paid the Tesla Tax and upgraded to the MYP, but I can't wait. It's worth the premium to get the speed and the quicker delivery. Crossing my fingers for all of the folks here waiting for their LR and P orders since May! The excitement is kicking in!
Congrats...Trust me you wont regret your MYP when you put your foot on that gas pedal 😀

Just an update for those still unsure about financing expiration -

Over the weekend I received my VIN and have delivery scheduled this week. My original financing expired 7/22 but I was advised by Tesla Finance that they would rerun the application once I had a scheduled delivery.
This morning I received an email from Experian about a new credit inquiry and then a separate email from Tesla asking for final payment. I made the required payment (the sales tax) and all of my previous financing terms were listed out and I accepted. I didn’t have to do anything special to trigger this.

Hopefully this allays any concerns that lapsed financing will cause your order to be put on hold or back in queue. Of course with all things Tesla, that could always change, but here’s one example where it didn’t FWIW.
My car was ordered on May 29th. Delivery set up for Saturday home delivery. Got the same Experian notification of Inquiry on my report today (Kinda annoying and should have listened to everyone who said choose cash first then switch). My make final payment email came through. Did the Plaid(must pay first in TX). My SA called me right after and said car is being delivered tonight to SC. You probably can come grab it tomorrow should the car be in good shape! woohoo.

Just got back from taking delivery (and a quick lunch). Delivery went smoothly and quickly. Examined the car, did not find any major glaring issues. I liked that they pretty much left us alone to take our time and examine the car. Then we walked in, signed the papers and off we go.

I've attached a few shots, 2 of her at the Tesla SC and 1 of her at home. I am definitely in love and already making plans (and dropping hints to the husband) on our next Tesla purchase. She is definitely worth that long wait. :)

Attachments

• IMG_9722.JPG
    IMG_9722.JPG
    555.1 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_9723.JPG
    IMG_9723.JPG
    467.8 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_9724.JPG
    IMG_9724.JPG
    311.4 KB · Views: 63
Just got back from taking delivery (and a quick lunch). Delivery went smoothly and quickly. Examined the car, did not find any major glaring issues. I liked that they pretty much left us alone to take our time and examine the car. Then we walked in, signed the papers and off we go.

I've attached a few shots, 2 of her at the Tesla SC and 1 of her at home. I am definitely in love and already making plans (and dropping hints to the husband) on our next Tesla purchase. She is definitely worth that long wait. :)
Fantastic! I’m very happy for you!

Very nice!!!

Looks great in red!!

Looks amazing! Congratulations!

What's hubby's current car there?

Go #teamred! She's beautiful. Congrats!