Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got off the phone with Geico to update my insurance and I'm glad I called. The rep I spoke with said customers have been telling her that when buying Teslas they aren't getting to schedule their delivery until they've uploaded proof of insurance with the car's VIN on it. So she put in an effective date of next week for me so I'd have something in there to get an insurance binder to upload. Then (at least in MA) Tesla has to send Geico a form to put in their system or the car can't be registered. She said that THEN that's when I should be able to schedule pickup. Until then it's impossible to register the car, so therefore it can't be delivered. Don't know how true this is, but she said she's seen it several times dealing with people who bought Teslas so I'm just passing the info on just in case it's accurate and people are in scheduling limbo.
That’s completely false. I added my Tesla as soon as the tab opened to upload the insurance. I then found a much cheaper rate with Progressive and jumped ship from Geico. Progressive issued insurance cards and there were no issues or hold ups with delivery.

That’s completely false. I added my Tesla as soon as the tab opened to upload the insurance. I then found a much cheaper rate with Progressive and jumped ship from Geico. Progressive issued insurance cards and there were no issues or hold ups with delivery.

But were you able to schedule delivery without insurance that had the VIN on it?
It depends on the state. All states except these need the VIN on the insurance.

Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 5.27.14 PM.png

Just got back from taking delivery (and a quick lunch). Delivery went smoothly and quickly. Examined the car, did not find any major glaring issues. I liked that they pretty much left us alone to take our time and examine the car. Then we walked in, signed the papers and off we go.

I've attached a few shots, 2 of her at the Tesla SC and 1 of her at home. I am definitely in love and already making plans (and dropping hints to the husband) on our next Tesla purchase. She is definitely worth that long wait. :)
Congrats she is gorgeous!!! 🤩🤩🤩

Reactions: DDubbsEV
Tesla used to provide a 14-50 as standard kit. NOT ANY MORE. Purchase from the Tesla shop online.
I'm probably going to order the NEMA adapter bundle when it comes back in stock, just to keep in the frunk for emergencies. It's basically every adapter they sell and it's priced where you get one adapter free, plus the little carrying case.

Cannot wait for MY, which is going to be delivered on Friday morning! Approved for auto loan from DCU at 1.24% and plan on asking Tesla to price match. Tesla insurance was by far the cheapest and will say good bye to outrageously costly Progressive on Friday! Tesla is truly redeeming themselves!! Woohoo 🥳

Just got off the phone with Geico to update my insurance and I'm glad I called. The rep I spoke with said customers have been telling her that when buying Teslas they aren't getting to schedule their delivery until they've uploaded proof of insurance with the car's VIN on it. So she put in an effective date of next week for me so I'd have something in there to get an insurance binder to upload. Then (at least in MA) Tesla has to send Geico a form to put in their system or the car can't be registered. She said that THEN that's when I should be able to schedule pickup. Until then it's impossible to register the car, so therefore it can't be delivered. Don't know how true this is, but she said she's seen it several times dealing with people who bought Teslas so I'm just passing the info on just in case it's accurate and people are in scheduling limbo.
Ok, so I was told by an advisor on their 888# to simply upload a copy, front and back of my current insurance card because he said the system doesn’t care if it’s for the car your driving now or not. He also said that not finishing that part of your profile would not keep you from getting your VIN. I chose to upload my current insurance card like he suggested, and two weeks later I had my VIN. Either way, once you have a VIN, it’s easy to set up your new insurance. Progressive was easy and the rates were really good.

Reactions: Arthur31

2 5 seater white
1 7 seater white
1 5 seater MSM

Reactions: dnstommy
That sounds about right. When I moved to MA last year I had a quick lesson by USAA in how weird MA insurance laws are, and how different and difficult it is compared to the other 49 states of the Union. Specifically that insurance is tied into vehicle registration and vice versa.

Oh, and no insurance cards. That was news to me. Never heard of a state with no proof of insurance before. Was told your license plate is your proof of insurance.

Reactions: randomplaydo

2 5 seater white
1 7 seater white
1 5 seater MSM
A 7 seater. Thats rare to see.

Reactions: ConchChick
That sounds about right. When I moved to MA last year I had a quick lesson by USAA in how weird MA insurance laws are, and how different and difficult it is compared to the other 49 states of the Union. Specifically that insurance is tied into vehicle registration and vice versa.

Oh, and no insurance cards. That was news to me. Never heard of a state with no proof of insurance before. Was told your license plate is your proof of insurance.
Yup, the insurance card was a surprise to me the other way around. I was first a MA resident as an adult and had never heard of needing to show proof of insurance cards. Good thing it never burned me. And when you move away, if military keeping MA residency and car insurance, the car has to be listed as residing in MA, regardless of where you actually are. USAA just assigned some seemingly arbitrary address in MA. It was unnerving when I saw that and called in a panic. MA is strange.

Reactions: PatrickTM

2 5 seater white
1 7 seater white
1 5 seater MSM
I would have picked up the 7 seater if it had the white interior!

Ya are posts must have passed in posting MA insurance info. MA has some awesome laws... For a long time their were like only a handful of insurance companies licensed in MA and rates were stupid... Only in the last 10yrs or so do you see the Progressive and Geico type insurance companies get into the state with some licensing tweaks the state made. It did help lower insurance rates so no complaints.

My SA already scheduled me for 9/21 delivery on his end even though I haven't gotten a schedule delivery email/text message because ya know I can't complete my profile... He is out until Thursday but I sent him the insurance contact info he needed to get the reg all squared away. I expect to get the final payment request next week once he uploads the info. Undecided if I will do EFT or bring a cashier's check on delivery day...

I'm taking delivery at the Peabody location.