Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jeezus, that sounds downright awful. At a minimum, it sounds chaotic and stressful. It’s actually been so nice, so sheltered chatting and learning with fellow excited soon-to-be Model Y owners in our little thread here.

Seriously though, for all the folks who regularly participate here, I am very grateful and appreciative of everyone’s inputs and stories. I have learned a lot about the ordering/delivery process and EV ownership basics. You guys have such weird corner cases that it brings about questions I would never even think to ask on my own. Like setting financing to cash until VIN assignment? Literally in a million years I would not have thought about that without you all. This thread is the ultimate SA, and much more responsive than any SA (minus those lucky few with incredible SAs). The life lessons/stories and have been fun too. The people come and go, and I’m sure another cohort will “graduate” here soon as EoQ is nearly upon us. I’ll stick around for another cycle or two, continuing to post, prod, learn, and probably annoy of some you If I get opinionated.
I appreciate your endless positivity!!

I would prefer front/rear-casted updated build but only if it comes in the next month or 2. I'm more interested in getting a 2022 (for resale value only!) which will likely be introduced early October like the last 2 years.

Weight savings from casting would be nice but I don't expect any sig. battery updates for a while longer then I'm willing to wait. Just trying to take advantage of current elevated value of 2018 Model 3 while I can.
Do you think the front/rear casts will be much more expensive to repair in the event of an accident? I have no idea, I just think since it’s all one piece, if part gets damaged it’s a big repair. I could be totally wrong and I’m curious to hear others’ thoughts

Do you think the front/rear casts will be much more expensive to repair in the event of an accident? I have no idea, I just think since it’s all one piece, if part gets damaged it’s a big repair. I could be totally wrong and I’m curious to hear others’ thoughts
Yea, It'd likely cost more but that's why I have insurance. Tesla already has a tendency to replace vs repair for most things so not sure how it would handle these repairs.

I suppose enough MY's with rear casting are already out there to get a sense for any change in reparability but I haven't seen anything talking about it. Generally, if it's a small rear accident then the bumper and lift gate are replaced. I'm not sure how much force would be required to damage actual rear casting and if so it would probably damage the battery which usually results in car being totaled anyways.

Welcome fellow Minnesotan! There are surprising many here!

Taking delivery at home in a few hours. I'm within about 3 miles of the Eden Prairie SC, but they just scheduled it for home. I was assured that I will have time to look over the exterior, but that I won't be able to get into the inside until I accept delivery. That's okay, I'm pretty confident that they will fix/clean anything I find - I'll just be sure to document it and request anything needed within 24 hours.

In my case I have a trade that the driver will take back, so I think only one person is visiting.
Thanks, will be curious to hear how it went. I'm in Chanhassen, so also very close to the SC. Home delivery is more convenient, it just doesn't seem efficient for them, especially since I don't have a trade. We shall see...

Just a note: With your outlet oriented that way, the mobile charger chassis will be above the outlet. Previously that was a problem, but Tesla has solved it by selling a chassis holder. It comes with the new version of its cable organizer bracket (just a bracket to hold the cable when not charging). They are both very easy to install. If you haven't ordered it yet, you may want to do so.

See Cable Organizer - Which has photos showing how they would work with your outlet orientation.
Great tip, thanks for pointing that out. I was planning to order this one from Teslarati Tesla Charger Cable Organizer & Holder for Model S 3 X Y but it seems it doesn't come with any bracket for the charger, just a cable holder. Nice touch with a slot for the charging end but I definitely need to keep the charger itself from hanging loose.

I am about to give up and start looking Mech-E. My car is now in for repair for almost 2 weeks before delivery what they describe as minor dent and access paint. My delivery guy keep saying next few days. Never follow up on its own. Worse customer service. I am working from home so not an issue but I am really worried of getting any kind of service done. May be it is specific to my service center but was reviewing review on google and cars.com and really bad for service. Really frustrated and not sure what to do.

1 red mylr
1 white myp

demo vehicles

Reactions: ConchChick
Welp, I did the chat thing, Matt, the agent, said he can't see anything different than what I can see on my account for my EDD of 9/27-9/30.
Yes, my experience has been the same. Either they truly don't know anything more than us or they are asked to be tight lipped. I keep getting same consistent answer, do not go by EDD, just go by the month promised at the time of order.

Reactions: collaGOunltd
Jeezus, that sounds downright awful. At a minimum, it sounds chaotic and stressful. It’s actually been so nice, so sheltered chatting and learning with fellow excited soon-to-be Model Y owners in our little thread here.

Seriously though, for all the folks who regularly participate here, I am very grateful and appreciative of everyone’s inputs and stories. I have learned a lot about the ordering/delivery process and EV ownership basics. You guys have such weird corner cases that it brings about questions I would never even think to ask on my own. Like setting financing to cash until VIN assignment? Literally in a million years I would not have thought about that without you all. This thread is the ultimate SA, and much more responsive than any SA (minus those lucky few with incredible SAs). The life lessons/stories and have been fun too. The people come and go, and I’m sure another cohort will “graduate” here soon as EoQ is nearly upon us. I’ll stick around for another cycle or two, continuing to post, prod, learn, and probably annoy of some you If I get opinionated.
I agree with you Patrick. This TMC group has been a huge help. It has been very helpful and I must say hugely entertaining. It really has helped pass the time as I await MY MY, knowing all these great folks are waiting as well and in the mean time are willing to share their stories. Thank you all, if I ever get MY MY I will miss all of this.

My current EDD still shows Spet 8 - Sep 22. I Just spoke to tesla customer support and they said mine may push out to October but same time she mentioned that at the end of the quarter they are doing lots of delivery so there is still a chance for me. So wait for the car continues..... and the fun ride with Tesla...

Reactions: collaGOunltd
1 red mylr
1 white myp

demo vehicles
They just added a new one, now there are 3. The 5-6pm cst time i've been seeing a lot of new inventory lately.

My current EDD still shows Spet 8 - Sep 22. I Just spoke to tesla customer support and they said mine may push out to October but same time she mentioned that at the end of the quarter they are doing lots of delivery so there is still a chance for me. So wait for the car continues..... and the fun ride with Tesla...
Ughhh. I’ve got 9/8-9/25. Let’s hope Utah & Colorado are close enough to get squeezed in for EOQ!!!

Reactions: PatrickTM
Got my VIN on Monday this week- 269*** ….Same day it passed all inspections and left factory to go to shipping yard. I am shipping to Mt. Kisco NY and so I am curious with folks who have taken delivery. What are the changes my vehicle is ready for pick up prior to my EDD of 9/17 ??? Its 9/17-9/23 right now. Reps on the phone say its looking like 9/20 (to which cass, id pick up 9/21)…However, HAS THERE EVER BEEN STORIES WHERE THE CAR GETS ACROSS THE COUNTRY FASTER?? TIA 🙃

I am about to give up and start looking Mech-E. My car is now in for repair for almost 2 weeks before delivery what they describe as minor dent and access paint. My delivery guy keep saying next few days. Never follow up on its own. Worse customer service. I am working from home so not an issue but I am really worried of getting any kind of service done. May be it is specific to my service center but was reviewing review on google and cars.com and really bad for service. Really frustrated and not sure what to do.
@boniam As I suggested days ago, “Run”.

@PhillyGal Now there was a forum (forum.Tesla.com) that was out of control; so glad Tesla shut it down. No "FishEV" or "M8Ball" BS here, mods wouldn't allow it. ;)
Ha!
What was FishEV and M8Ball all about? I guess I missed all the drama on the official Tesla Forum while it was a thing.
Tronguy nailed it
Ahem. So, Tesla really didn't do moderation on their forums. I don't know if the reason was Frea Speach or having to pay somebody to ride herd on the unruly. As a result, in no particular order:
  1. Trolls
  2. Shortsellers
  3. The Truly Misguided
  4. Sock-puppets
  5. People who weren't any of the above, but were notably unforgiving and rough-mouthed.

I miss the camaraderie of the vast majority of posters, many of whom were founts of good information with tips and pointers.
In my early days when the Model S was the only vehicle for sale, the forum was a CRUCIAL source of information. Tesla was perpetually teetering between a real life automaker and a failing start up. That said, they had no sales prowess (or desire) so owners relied on each other for nearly everything. I can't overstate how important that was at the time.
Seriously though, for all the folks who regularly participate here, I am very grateful and appreciative of everyone’s inputs and stories. I have learned a lot about the ordering/delivery process and EV ownership basics.
Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes. In the early days it was very intimate too so when someone heard I was headed down the shore with no chargers en route, he literally told me his home address and told me to charge there. A very respected long time poster held my baby in my own home. A whole bunch of posters started a GoFundMe to give my baby a gift when I was pregnant. I kid you not. Amazing group!

Got my VIN on Monday this week- 269*** ….Same day it passed all inspections and left factory to go to shipping yard. I am shipping to Mt. Kisco NY and so I am curious with folks who have taken delivery. What are the changes my vehicle is ready for pick up prior to my EDD of 9/17 ??? Its 9/17-9/23 right now. Reps on the phone say its looking like 9/20 (to which cass, id pick up 9/21)…However, HAS THERE EVER BEEN STORIES WHERE THE CAR GETS ACROSS THE COUNTRY FASTER?? TIA 🙃
Interestingly enough my EDD moved forward nearly a week today! Told my SA I want delivery ASAP and only need 24hrs notice. He will confirm where the car is but I could have it was early as next Wednesday!