Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update:

Brought car in for service after a work trip this morning at 8am. Plot thickens o_O:eek::oops: The VIN Tesla had me tied to online was a Grey Model 3. My actual vin is of course a White MYLR. I believe I recall hearing others have these issue before - no biggie - they corrected it, I think 🙄 However, what was supposed to take 6-8 hours for "diagnotistics" has now resulted in Tesla keeping the car over the weekened for "more diagnostics", because... "diagnostics" and such 🤷‍♂️

At any rate, I've read a ton of horror stories about people selling thier car thinking thier EDD would not move and then end up spending months renting cars or taking Ubers everywhere and, here I am. Except Tesla has both my old car and my new (?) car. PLEEEEEASE don't be a lemon 👀!!!

I suppose at least the $100 daily Uber vouchers are a slight consolation, and technically I can still be part of the waiting to take delivery thread. :)

Update:

Car was released from the SC this morning. The culprit was alignment, but they checked the Tire Speed Sensors too for good measure.

I’m still perplexed as to how a brand new car has alignment issues, they must have really forced it into the Trailer. On the plus side, I suppose nobody drove it while I was awaiting delivery.

Just called the Lyft to take me to the SC for delivery day. I have butterflies like my first Bumble date with my (now) wife years ago. Pics coming soon.
They weren't ready for me when I arrived, but quickly got everything ready in less than 10 minutes. By the time I finished looking everything over, I had to go straight back to work and didn't get to spend much time with it until late this afternoon.
IMG_1193.jpeg
IMG_1191.jpeg
IMG_1175.jpeg

Last edited:
I ordered mine on June 20th. MY LR Red with white interior and 7 seater. I am in Austin, Texas as well. My EDD shows Sep 23-30. But I don't have VIN assigned yet

Here you go, here is my EDD date history starting from around the start of the august.

Update:

Car was released from the SC this morning. The culprit was alignment, but they checked the Tire Speed Sensors too for good measure.

I’m still perplexed as to how a brand new car has alignment issues, they must have really forced it into the Trailer. On the plus side, I suppose nobody drove it while I was awaiting delivery.
I am glad they found the culprit. Unfortunately wheel alignment and off center steering wheel (which is trued during wheel alignments) are super common issues with new Tesla vehicles. I have no idea why, but it happens all the time and SC usually fix it for free. This is one of those things I wish they would check at the factory. I don’t think it’s damage caused by a car hauler, since this doesn’t seem to be an issue with any other OEM, just Tesla.

I see this question a lot. There are threads dedicated to it elsewhere. Makes me wonder: is there something wrong with the Tesla All Weather Mats? My friend has them in his MYP and they look like a good fit to me. He says they're great keeping sand and salt contained for easy clean up.
Gonna answer my own question here: the Tesla All Weather mats, at least the driver side, look like curled up bacon. :mad:

Not recommended.

Attachments

• IMG_1163.jpeg
    IMG_1163.jpeg
    549.6 KB · Views: 47
They weren't ready for me when I arrived, but quickly got everything ready in less than 10 minutes. By the time I finished looking everything over, I had to go straight back to work and didn't get to spend much time with it until late this afternoon.
View attachment 709056
The bear needs to somehow go behind the screen, not tucked away in the door!

Reactions: JeffSanDiego
So I ordered a Model Y long range back in June thinking it would be good enough. Then I decided to test drive a MYP (mistake :))and couldn't decide between the two so placed a second order for a MYP at the end of August. It turns out both cars came in the same day. I test drove them once again and decided to accept delivery on the MYP and cancel my LR order (hopefully someone will get the VIN re-assigned to them today) :)

I spent the last couple hours or so driving around it and it's perfect! I think the suspension is exactly what I wanted (I'm used to sporty type cars). I was worried it would be too bumpy / rough on the Chicago roads but so far, it's not bad at all. I bought some 19 inch t sport zone TSV wheels + tires which I'm planning on putting on the car for the winter. Interestingly, the car felt really fast during the test drive but I'm already kind of used to it so I'm glad I went with the P over the LR + AB. I put in the 3D Maxpider mats and the Tesla mud flaps (car didn't come with them).

Anyway, thank you everyone for keeping me sane during the waiting period. I hope you all get your cars ASAP. It's absolutely worth the wait once you get it.

It's only been one and a half months but hitting 2,000 miles tomorrow (yea, we're heavy users, this is a kid hauler). Absolutely ZERO issues, I wear jeans and black shorts and my wife wears various colored clothing, we're not seeing any kind of transfer of any kind with the ceramic applied. I did two coats and went heavy on high usage areas, including all spots where you rest arms/elbows. Nothing in the back either where we have two kids under 10. Loving the white!
What did u use for the ceramic?

I am glad they found the culprit. Unfortunately wheel alignment and off center steering wheel (which is trued during wheel alignments) are super common issues with new Tesla vehicles. I have no idea why, but it happens all the time and SC usually fix it for free. This is one of those things I wish they would check at the factory. I don’t think it’s damage caused by a car hauler, since this doesn’t seem to be an issue with any other OEM, just Tesla.
That makes me feel a bit better about my experience. I’ve been in this forum since May and can’t recall seeing others with this issue - or maybe I was just too busy hitting refresh on my EDD. ☺️ A few just roll off the line a little sideways 🙃