Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Even if I scheduled my delivery (set for 9/20) has anyone experienced the car arriving sooner!? Asking for a friend!!
If you have a scheduled date, and they offer you something earlier, you can say you prefer to stay with the scheduled date. When I agreed to my delivery, it appeared in my profile in the Tesla account page.

Reactions: PatrickTM
OT: I finally saw a Tesla in my home town that does not belong to me! This is probably ho-hum to people on the coasts or in most medium to large cities but I was very excited. It was in a grocery store parking lot. Midnight Silver Metallic Model 3. Maybe I should have waited or left a note or something but I was not sure what to do and I was in the middle or running errands with frozen food in the back.
So jeep people do that thing with the ducks. I think we should start a “Tesla Hi” thing!!

Edited to add: I can’t wait to not be in a super rush to get home because the Tesla will be able to keep the groceries cool!!

The SA experience varies as vastly as the EDD experience. I ordered at the showroom, and have never been contacted by an SA since that day (5/26). I went to the showroom last month to ask who my SA was, and the SA at the desk told me it didn’t really matter. So I still have no SA, even though I’m sure there is one attached to my order.
When you get a VIN and then assigned to a delivery center, you will have a person dedicated to you to deliver your car. That person will be responsive because that person needs to make sure that you bring the right money!

Edited to add: I can’t wait to not be in a super rush to get home because the Tesla will be able to keep the groceries cool!!
I made use of this. When I went into the next store I left the car in Dog Mode to keep the groceries cool. IIUC you can combine Dog Mode with Sentry Mode. The more I use the car the more I like it. I'm able to use AP for 80% of my driving and almost all of my stop and go driving. I'm quickly getting spoiled.

When my advisor called to confirm delivery on 9/15 I asked if I can pick up a little earlier and they said, we could do 9/14. Idk if waiting a day would have made a difference, but the detail of the exterior was pretty bad (a lot of water spots/streaks), the interior was fine.

Not complaining, just stating my experience at the Buena Park Delivery Center was relatively quick and painless. The documents for me to sign my trade-in over to them were not printed yet, so I just had to wait on that.

Other than that, I LOVE THIS CAR SO MUCH! I've been wanting a Tesla for the past 5 or so years, and now I pay a bank to semi own one 😄. It was a damn near two month wait and it was worth it!!

Here's some terrible pictures lol

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    571.4 KB · Views: 74
  • rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    869.6 KB · Views: 57
  • lmao.jpg
    lmao.jpg
    620.8 KB · Views: 57
When my advisor called to confirm delivery on 9/15 I asked if I can pick up a little earlier and they said, we could do 9/14. Idk if waiting a day would have made a difference, but the detail of the exterior was pretty bad (a lot of water spots/streaks), the interior was fine.

Not complaining, just stating my experience at the Buena Park Delivery Center was relatively quick and painless. The documents for me to sign my trade-in over to them were not printed yet, so I just had to wait on that.

Other than that, I LOVE THIS CAR SO MUCH! I've been wanting a Tesla for the past 5 or so years, and now I pay a bank to semi own one 😄. It was a damn near two month wait and it was worth it!!

Looks awesome congrats!

Reactions: no_latency
How long does one usually not have an EDD at all?
I've been 1 week without an EDD.

I hope I get the car by end of year, but less confident as time goes by.

The lease on my current car ends mid November. I have access to another car, but only until Jan 10th.

Shame on me for not tracking the wait times on the Model Y. I figured ordering in August would be plenty of cushion.

Last edited:
So, I went to a Genesis dealer to look at the GV70. Good looking car with very little space inside and, oh yes….A 9 MONTH WAIT FOR DELIVERY 😳. Can someone say “perspective”?
In my VINless frustration, I took a serious look at the Polestar 2 and was ready to set a test drive appt when my VIN came in. (I was preparing to sign up for a Sunday appt and my VIN came in Saturday morning at 1:30 AM.). The polestar website shows that you can order a car that is configured with the most popular options for immediate delivery! Not sure you have a store near you but it’s worth looking at if you are losing patience.

Awesome. Congratulations!

Reactions: no_latency
Really? Maybe the v6 trim. The lot near me has em sitting.
Truth be told, everything else just seems to pale in comparison to the MYLR. Styling, size, interior space and…..NEVER NEEDING TO FILL UP WITH GAS. My wife told me I should just chill and think of it as a Christmas present. I’ve been stuck on Oct-Nov for a while. There’s no reason to think my dates won’t be pushed to December. Clearly I did something wrong in a previous life and I’m paying for it now. BTW - congrats on get your MY we have the same OD.

Truth be told, everything else just seems to pale in comparison to the MYLR. Styling, size, interior space and…..NEVER NEEDING TO FILL UP WITH GAS. My wife told me I should just chill and think of it as a Christmas present. I’ve been stuck on Oct-Nov for a while. There’s no reason to think my dates won’t be pushed to December. Clearly I did something wrong in a previous life and I’m paying for it now. BTW - congrats on get your MY we have the same OD.
Think of it more as a Halloween/Thanksgiving Day present…