Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im sure, but I think I was expecting Feb, not Nov or December... Seems that Texas is also ramping up WAYYY faster than I imagined.
Hope so!!! Once the May/June is cleared it could get bit faster. But could we now be entering a peak buying season also? Some folks shop for cars towards end of year to get the next year model. Doesn’t apply to Tesla but maybe demand may shoot up in Q4?

I think that's a short term way of looking at it. We need the successful companies to succeed and the poor ones to fail. It'll never get better if we just keep propping up poor and unresponsive companies. The best way to make the transition to EVs quickly is to let the companies good at it grow and the ones poor at it go away.
I hear you and in a theoretical way, completely agree. In practice though, it's not like letting a restaurant or consumer electronics company fail. There would be a crisis with major reverberations if one or all three major US automakers failed. Maybe I'm looking at it too simplistically. Part of me wants them to fail because we need good ones to grow but in the last century, just one automaker has started up and succeeded. One. The last was Plymouth and they're already dead. But I can't get past the fear that we aren't fully appreciating what would happen in the real world if one failed.

Ugh - why couldn't they just get their heads out of their butts and make good EVs? GM had the secret sauce a full decade before Tesla even tried. They all have the ability, just not the desire.
I agree with you that the collapse of the legacy automakers will be economically devastating. If the $4500 union bonus would avert their collapse or ease their transition to making EVs then I'd be all for it. Unfortunately, the way the bill is now written, it will waste a huge amount of money and will hasten their collapse. It will be like throwing money into a burning building. One major problem is they will get rebates for making hybrid vehicles. Most hybrids are bad for the environment in addition to letting automakers avoid committing to BEVs.

Ford recently doubled their projection for F-150 Lightning production in 2024 from 40k vehicles to 80k. Even with large rebates I don't see how that production level is going to save the company. I agree with you that a massive economic tsunami is headed our way when the legacy automakers go tires-up. I don't know what to do about it. These rebates won't help them. Tesla will be by far the major beneficiary even with a lower rebate per vehicle since they sell the vast majority of EVs in the US. My only suggestion is instead of excluding Tesla from the talks and instead of trying to avoid giving rebates to Tesla, they should invite Elon Musk to the table and ask him for suggestions on how to ease the transition. There is plenty of work that needs to be done. For example we need to drastically ramp up battery production. Unfortunately, subsidizing the production of ICE vehicles (hybrids) is not part of the path forward. It will end up burying the legacy automakers and the UAW.

In World War Two the big automakers switched from making cars to making tanks and other war machinery. A similar drastic change is required now. Offering tank rebates in 1942 wouldn't have solved anything, especially if slightly armored cars were considered to be tanks. It certainly would not have resulted in the US making enough tanks.
Totally agree. The hybrid thing needs to go. They were a great idea to start. The Prius has been wildly successful and really helped millions of folks use less gas. But EVs are here and now.

If the M3 or MY were powered by gasoline, it would probably be $20-25k cheaper based on build and features. Sure, they implement features differently, but that's in part to save costs. The battery is the expensive feature. That's why these cars cost so much and that's the value of the subsidies. When the powertrains are cost equivalent, then the subsidies lose their value.

Reactions: PatrickTM
I see that lot of you referring to a SA or a delivery associate. I now have a delivery date but I dont know who my SA or DA is and I dont have a single point of contact to talk to. When I call the order support, the wait times are horrendous. How do I find out who my SA or DA is?

I see that lot of you referring to a SA or a delivery associate. I now have a delivery date but I dont know who my SA or DA is and I dont have a single point of contact to talk to. When I call the order support, the wait times are horrendous. How do I find out who my SA or DA is?
Same here and I don't think we're the only ones. I used the chat on the website to ask who it was and they said it was a guy I talked to when I first test drove. Tried to email him but never heard back soooo 🤷‍♂️

Got an email from Tesla asking me to complete payment method since previous loan application expired. Re-applied and now pending approval.

In the meantime, I applied DCU loan and approved for 1.99%. Was hoping for a better rate but I guess having just started a new job probably didn’t help. Oh well.

Oh btw, good morning everyone!

When I first scheduled a test drive the guy that reached out to me ended up being my SA and is who I have been in contract with ever since. Maybe just schedule a test drive and see if the person responding to you is your SA. I got a pretty quick response if I remember correctly (hours not days). You can then cancel the test drive if necessary.

• Informative
Reactions: Mrkrazyk
Got an email from Tesla asking me to complete payment method since previous loan application expired. Re-applied and now pending approval.

In the meantime, I applied DCU loan and approved for 1.99%. Was hoping for a better rate but I guess having just started a new job probably didn’t help. Oh well.

Awesome post as I am sure mine will expire as well. From what ive heard on YouTube (not exactly trustworthy), approval for 700 credit scores and above comes in at the 2.49%. Not sure if thats true or not, but the 1.99% seems very good (so does the 2.49%).

I literally JUST refinanced a house, and about 2 weeks after approval for the loan my credit dropped to a 730 after the old loan closed. Makes me wonder what will happen once the loan has expired and I reapply.

Regardless, Tesla does seem to completely disengage until you have a VIN (again, good ol YouTube). So no one to really ask.

Reactions: adiemac

Well good morning! Did you happen to check if your rate includes the 0.50% bonus for plus and relationship members with electronic deposits?

There is also the 0.25% additional discount for energy efficient vehicles. So you should be getting 1.74% or better once they apply the additional efficiency discount.

Anyone notice that for new model y inventory checks exterior color options are white and blue and interior option is black only!! Atleast filter pulls up that way f zip 30189

not sure what to make of it.
@turrmoil Yeah, same here - only one color combo. Weird. Never any inventory, however - and I'm running a a web page scanning bot as never to miss an opportunity.

Reactions: turrmoil
Well good morning! Did you happen to check if your rate includes the 0.50% bonus for plus and relationship members with electronic deposits?

There is also the 0.25% additional discount for energy efficient vehicles. So you should be getting 1.74% or better once they apply the additional efficiency discount.
Thanks for those pointers, I’ll check right away!

Attachments

• FFF48124-6C92-4C6B-87B7-9FF2BB4CB648.jpeg
    FFF48124-6C92-4C6B-87B7-9FF2BB4CB648.jpeg
    689.7 KB · Views: 80
  • DDD35D0A-543B-40A2-B535-6AC1242F2556.jpeg
    DDD35D0A-543B-40A2-B535-6AC1242F2556.jpeg
    668.9 KB · Views: 62