Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Excited for my first Tesla! I keep seeing posts of people who have ordered in September and already had an EDD. I order my White MYLR with Black interior and 19" wheels on 8/24 and completed my profile about two weeks later, but still get the message "We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration." Is that normal for most people? And do you normally get a text or something when they assign your EDD?

I see that lot of you referring to a SA or a delivery associate. I now have a delivery date but I dont know who my SA or DA is and I dont have a single point of contact to talk to. When I call the order support, the wait times are horrendous. How do I find out who my SA or DA is?
Hi. You can call the delivery center where you plan to pick up your car and ask for someone to speak with. The person who texted me after I ordered in May never really kept in touch with me but a couple of other people emailed me over the course of the hundred plus days I was waiting for my VIN. One thing I can guarantee you: when your car is built and ready to be delivered, you will be contacted because that person is going to be responsible for making sure that you bring money to buy the car!

The email address that could work for you is one like this: [email protected]. Add your delivery center location and send an email that includes your RN number and any questions you have. You might get a response!

Hi. You can call the delivery center where you plan to pick up your car and ask for someone to speak with. The person who texted me after I ordered in May never really kept in touch with me but a couple of other people emailed me over the course of the hundred plus days I was waiting for my VIN. One thing I can guarantee you: when your car is built and ready to be delivered, you will be contacted because that person is going to be responsible for making sure that you bring money to buy the car!

The email address that could work for you is one like this: [email protected]. Add your delivery center location and send an email that includes your RN number and any questions you have. You might get a response!
Thank you. very helpful

Excited for my first Tesla! I keep seeing posts of people who have ordered in September and already had an EDD. I order my White MYLR with Black interior and 19" wheels on 8/24 and completed my profile about two weeks later, but still get the message "We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration." Is that normal for most people? And do you normally get a text or something when they assign your EDD?
These are likely people that order the MYP (Performance model) and thus are seeing 3-4 week turnaround times (although now they're stating Nov delivery on that model). It's a much shorter delivery turnaround for those high profit vehicles compared to the LRs. Most from early August and on are seeing their EDDs either not populating or dropping off if it was their previously. Tesla is sorting out their manufacturing process with Austin coming on line, which seems to be the consensus in this forum.

For what it is worth. I just talked to someone at Tesla regarding my delivery. He said it is on schedule, car is in transit. Should be in Richmond on the 24th. I asked him what was going on with the SA's slow response; mine was usually extremely responsive but I have left him several messages and have not heard from him in a while. He said they just reassigned the SA's into a 'new role', at least the guy I was originally working with. The guy I was talking to on the phone (Bryan) said he was a 'remote person' in-charge of a 'remote group of SA's' and that my SA was recently (over the last two weeks) assigned to his group and that might be the reason he was less responsive as he is not technically my SA anymore. Maybe that is why some of the SA's are being difficult to get in contact with??? Moving forward I guess I am supposed to contact Bryan via text. Also, got an invite to a September 23:

Meet Your Model Y​

Join us for a live virtual education session from the comfort of your home as a Tesla Advisor takes questions and explains how to get ready for delivery.​
Learn more about charging your car, using your Tesla app and getting comfortable behind the wheel with a live presentation. Thank you for accelerating the transition to sustainable energy and we look forward to seeing you.​

Yesterday I picked it up late. And while still raining this morning. I have my car at home. Pretty much everything was perfect. The back left door looked ever so slightly off. I asked and they said “it was within spec” as the body lines still matched up. But it runs great! Took about 40 miles to calibrate the autopilot. Smooth sailing! The juice is definitely worth the squeeze! Put in 3D maxpider mats inside and a more tesmania trunk all weather mat. And installed the tesmanian mud flaps front and back no issues!

Attachments

• 48AE2D0F-8DE8-4617-82D0-FEA3450A4B7C.jpeg
    48AE2D0F-8DE8-4617-82D0-FEA3450A4B7C.jpeg
    766.8 KB · Views: 71
  • 289F17FD-8362-4C6A-B5C2-4DA96BFE8EE3.jpeg
    289F17FD-8362-4C6A-B5C2-4DA96BFE8EE3.jpeg
    609.7 KB · Views: 59
  • EC2991A6-B992-4AF5-8F7C-760D0B3FB448.jpeg
    EC2991A6-B992-4AF5-8F7C-760D0B3FB448.jpeg
    616.9 KB · Views: 70
  • A8A3ED3A-7D22-4CD8-91F7-AD648078853B.jpeg
    A8A3ED3A-7D22-4CD8-91F7-AD648078853B.jpeg
    912.9 KB · Views: 68
Yesterday I picked it up late. And while still raining this morning. I have my car at home. Pretty much everything was perfect. The back left door looked ever so slightly off. I asked and they said “it was within spec” as the body lines still matched up. But it runs great! Took about 40 miles to calibrate the autopilot. Smooth sailing! The juice is definitely worth the squeeze! Put in 3D maxpider mats inside and a more tesmania trunk all weather mat. And installed the tesmanian mud flaps front and back no issues!
Awesome - congrats!

Reactions: DaveGT
Have you seen pictures? Or post one? Those are the only pictures I saw. Im very intrigued on what the change is.
@jimfleurie The change is only the door inserts, as pictured in your second photo. Tesla already implemented the center console change, earlier this year. All cars delivering now have the new console with built in wireless phone charging, but not the new door inserts that the Model 3 and MIC MYs have.

Finally joining the Tesla fam!

MY long range
7 Seat
White Exterior
White Interior
Stock Rims

Originally they said it would arrive (off of a 9/8 purchase) in Jan. Moments after purchasing and reviewing loan offer, they advised delivery would be Nov 11th - Dec 12th. Seems super reasonable given current demand.

Feel like this is going to be a long and possibly never ending journey into Tesla... took a ride in a friends MS Plaid and it was way too fast for my comfort at the time... 4.8 seconds still seems fast... im used to driving a suburban lol, going to have to get back on track with what speed feels like!
I’m in the white/white 7 seater boat! Welcome!