Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Guys new member here. Hope I don't upset some of you by telling my story...I ordered mine about a week ago and was told delivery is in January or February...I was dying expecting to wait for 5 months... then this morning I check the inventory - they happened to have a demo Model Y LR exactly like mine (white on white), plus 20" Induction wheels. I immediately called my sales rep - she switched my ordered on the spot. Now I have a VIN and picking up my Model Y on Monday... The only catch is the car is a Demo with ~1,500 miles on it and they only took $450 off the price. I'm happy to take it instead of waiting for 5 more months... good luck guys !

BTW, I live in Los Angeles area and the Demo unit happened to be near me - thus the opportunity came...
Was that the one in Marina Del Ray? I’m jealous!! I was going to grab that 7 seater since I’m in LA until tomorrow!

Does anyone know if i change wheels to induction (original order gemini) would cause any delay. I am nowhere near VIN with current EDD 12/3-12/23 for over two weeks. Looking at a MY in our neighborhood, dark induction wheels looked good on MSM.
Changing your order could change your spot in the queue and it probably will.

Picked up my LR yesterday at Tyco Rd, Tysons Corner, VA.

Impressions:
1) PAYMENT. Paying with cashiers check turned out to be a bit of a hassle. I didn't want to use Plaid. Initially delivery was set for home delivery; I called and texted to be sure I could hand the delivery person the check, but never got an answer. So I switched to in person pick up. Fortunately the car was ready a day early. In person, paying with cashier's check was straightforward, but I couldn't accept delivery in the app. They had to do it and it took them several hours (long after I left). Premium Connectivity doesn't work until acceptance, which at first I didn't know and was irritated that it wasn't working. Now all is well.

2) DELIVERY EXPERIENCE. In this forum and in VA forum, Tyco Rd has a spotty reputation. I have been there 3 times (2 test drives and delivery) and although very busy I found the people there to be great. Pickup day was fun. Helpful, polite, easy, no drama. Car was parked in pick up area with my name in the dash and all paperwork inside. Tyco had even put real license plates on it instead of temps. BTW, front plate was mounted to a bracket, but in the trunk rather than put on car. Simple mounting bracket comes with adhesive tape to stick it to front bumper. I may buy something else.

3) CONDITION OF CAR. Near PERFECT. Very faint scratches in paint on one door. I haven't tried yet but I think they'll buff out. Everything else, including all panel gaps, interior, shipping plastic, was all perfect. Couldn't be happier with how it looked.

4) DRIVING. It's been repeated many times, but it's worth the wait. LOVE THIS CAR. So fun to drive. I brought my daughter with me who had never been in a Tesla - she was blown away and couldn't believe how nice the car is. Acceleration "flattened her to the seat" and I have the LR, not the P.

5) APP & SERVICE. Phone app, car interface, Wall Connector, streaming, all work perfectly. Already scheduled a service appt to have my universal remote installed.

You're going to love your Tesla!

That’s pretty rad, nobody will be mad about this… great folks on this forum. Jealous, maybe, not mad (Me, I’m talking about me). Enjoy rocking the new wheels, I smell a ride on the PCH on the horizon!
Haha I'll admit before I got my VIN I was both jealous and mad a couple times, but we try to move past that emotion quickly and celebrate after 🥂

I'm not really sure if that's true. Some features of a car are "intrinsic", like paint color, seat config, P or LR. Other options can be customized on the same assembly line - wheels should be one of these things. Hell, there's strong reason to suspect that the tow package is a dealer installed option even. (see earlier). So while any order change could conceivably punt you to the back of the line, in practice changing wheel choice isn't as invasive a change as changing exterior or interior color.
Yeah I don't think necessarily it is harder from an assembly perspective to change rims/wheels, moreso that IF (big if because no one has clarity) delivery date is based off one mystical profile completion date, changing wheels is likely to reset that completion date and has the potential to deprioritize delivery based on your earlier completion date and prioritize it based on the new completion date when the wheel change was made instead

This just appears to be the trend from what we've seen here but it could be completely wrong. Based on this many have chosen not to change anything in their profile, and use schemes like purchasing the wheels they want after delivery and selling the wheels they take delivery with. It's all about risk and if this person is willing to take an unquantifiable (is this a word?) risk of potentially getting pushed out 2 months

No change in EDD today so far.

But my accessories addiction is worsening

Attachments

• 20210918_172623.jpg
    20210918_172623.jpg
    544.6 KB · Views: 56
Does anyone know if i change wheels to induction (original order gemini) would cause any delay. I am nowhere near VIN with current EDD 12/3-12/23 for over two weeks. Looking at a MY in our neighborhood, dark induction wheels looked good on MSM.
We plan to pull the hub caps off the Geminis and paint them black. Saves us the money up front and maybe helps the range a bit, too.