Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick update: called in and was told I cannot pay with a cashier's check for home delivery (I mean, it makes sense for the "touchless" part). I texted my SA to see if I can get confirmation from her.

I'm hesitant to pay the full amount online since I've seen horror stories in the past where people had deliveries lined up, paid online, and ultimately didn't get the car.

Reactions: PatrickTM and DZMY
Quick update: called in and was told I cannot pay with a cashier's check for home delivery (I mean, it makes sense for the "touchless" part). I texted my SA to see if I can get confirmation from her.

I'm hesitant to pay the full amount online since I've seen horror stories in the past where people had deliveries lined up, paid online, and ultimately didn't get the car.
Interesting. Who did you call/speak with? I need to make the same call, although when I made my original order home delivery was not an option. Did you choose home delivery or did they change that for you?

Interesting. Who did you call/speak with? I need to make the same call, although when I made my original order home delivery was not an option. Did you choose home delivery or did they change that for you?
They changed it for me. I was originally picking up in Costa Mesa, but when I went online to schedule delivery, it said I get a home delivery. I called the Lake Forest number but was probably routed to a generic call center. Spoke with someone named Crystal?

I thought I read somewhere in previous posts that FSD can’t be removed from demo vehicles.
FSD can be removed from any vehicle Tesla considers "new". Inventory/demo vehicles are sold as "new" I think (I could be mistaken), so you can remove FSD.

I'm with a few of us in here with the same 9/20-30 EDD.
Nothing to report yet as of now.
Same, my MYP was 9/20-9/30...as of this morning, it is 9/21-9/30. Squeezing the EDD! Hoping something drops in the next day or two.

I still hold out hope that the MYLR (first choice) will be brought back in from the cold Oktoberfest and make it before the EOQ.

it would be better to buy new wheels/tires from outside at this point, if you really wanted to.

I do like the look of the 20", specially with the red exterior, but not willing to spend that right now. Thinking of getting a set later, costs the same, and will give me an extra set, or I could sell the ones I have.

And the geminis, once the cap is removed, and if you paint it, the rims below look pretty good actually. Saw a video of a guy who painted his, and then added the tesla caps to the wheels. Costs only around $30 maybe.
I gotta admit I didn't like the look of Gemini covers or even Gemini rims at all at first. I was so certain I would go with the 20' Inductions or even splurge for the 21's with the Performance. After test driving all Model Y trims though I felt the smoothest ride on the Geminis and considering all the other aspects like the range impact, tire cost, lower risk of curb rash with the possibility to just replace the covers, they grew on me and now I actually like how they look, covers on. I've seen some Ys on the road with hydro-coated or plasti-dipped Geminis in black on white Ys and they did look quite decent so might be a route in the future.

100% my approach with the wheels. The Inductions look sweet but I've seen just as sweet of a look with dark painted Geminis. I think I'll start with Hyperdipping the light part of the wheel cover with the Black Emerald Metallic Hyperdip. It's a sheen between piano black and satin and I think the two tone with the grey on the wheels will look amazing.

I'd like to hyperdip the wheels themselves, too, but I may wait to see how often I actually keep the covers off before putting that money in. I'd do the same color as the covers, likely.

I am kinda envious. That first drive and the feel of the car is amazing. You will absolutely love it. I test drove the Y 5 times, I had a 3 for a day from Turo. The grin just does not go off ones face!
@loggedout I’ve test driven the S at least 4 times, the 3 twice, the X once & the Y 4 times (including an overnighter). Definitely an addiction. At this point tho you might as well hold off til delivery lol test driving now will just make your wait even more agonizing

@loggedout I’ve test driven the S at least 4 times, the 3 twice, the X once & the Y 4 times (including an overnighter). Definitely an addiction. At this point tho you might as well hold off til delivery lol test driving now will just make your wait even more agonizing
Yup! That's basically been my rationale. I also told my dad not to test drive one unless he was ready to buy. He never did then got a Lexus.

I took the weekend off and now paid the price of reading all posts going back to 1749!!! Many new VIN's and some great delivery stories. I thought I would pass along some information on Insurance. I have been with Geico for close to 40 years, insuring two cars and our home. The cars have varied over time but the rates have always seemed reasonable so we never changed. Our assumption was that the same would happen when we purchased the MY. Boy we were wrong. Geico's rates for two cars - one being MY MY - was more than double those of Progressive. We called Geico and they actually admitted to us that they have heard this before, there is nothing they could do, and that they were looking into trying to be more competitive with Tesla but were not there yet. Our rate from Progressive was $439.00 for 6 months (CUSTOM) and for both cars it moved up to $565.00. Geico's quote was $1170.00 for 6 months for the same two cars.... Some background - we are two older retired folks with a clean record. We are sad to leave Geico as they have been so easy to work with but I signed up for Progressive today.

Also, my delivery is set for Monday at 10 AM in Richmond. My SA no longer talks to me for some reason but I have a confirmation email and text that I will be contacted before delivery.

Watermelon Season!

Holy smokes, people must be hip to the EOQ inventory drop(s). I just saw several in my locale and they disappeared before my eyes.

(I've personally decided not to bother with inventory because I want my $7k FSD price but it's fun to look at the listings anyway)
I was checking every day, multiple times per day. I am very impatient. Plus, I was already paying 10k for FSD, so might as well get one with a few thousand miles now.

Soooo - will Washington be included in the final EOQ push? My husband talked me out of pulling the trigger on one of the demos available today (mind you, he’s been driving around in his new M3LR for two weeks). I’m at day 105 post profile completion date, and I’ll be sick if I passed on a demo to not get my original order.
EDD still at 9/20-9/30.
My wife, in her M3SR for 3 weeks, convinced me not to pull the trigger as well (found almost exact build, just no tow).

So I’ve been reading this forum religiously since placing my order on 9/11 MYLR5 w/w, no tow, no FSD with no EDD ever listed (probably March at the earliest). Last night at work I checked inventory on a gut feeling (thanks night shift!) and landed my exact configuration from inventory with 700 miles on it. I’m now scheduled for delivery 9/28. Could’ve gotten it sooner 9/22 or 9/23 but I’ll be out of town and fortunately they were willing to work with me and give me a later pick up date! Kinda feels like I’m cheating but I’m so excited it worked out! Now fingers crossed there’s no issues with it when I make the drive down to Ohio to get it!

So I’ve been reading this forum religiously since placing my order on 9/11 MYLR5 w/w, no tow, no FSD with no EDD ever listed (probably March at the earliest). Last night at work I checked inventory on a gut feeling (thanks night shift!) and landed my exact configuration from inventory with 700 miles on it. I’m now scheduled for delivery 9/28. Could’ve gotten it sooner 9/22 or 9/23 but I’ll be out of town and fortunately they were willing to work with me and give me a later pick up date! Kinda feels like I’m cheating but I’m so excited it worked out! Now fingers crossed there’s no issues with it when I make the drive down to Ohio to get it!
Super exciting!

I was checking every day, multiple times per day. I am very impatient. Plus, I was already paying 10k for FSD, so might as well get one with a few thousand miles now.
Congrats! what is the vin number? Hopefully you wont get one that was trashed. I went to 2 showrooms and i dont know why people trash the demo cars. When i say trashed the cars has scratches in the interior and exterior, interior stains everywhere. I spoke to a SA in Santa Monica, she’s frustrated about it but cant really do anything. She actually appreciated how i took care of the car, she said it was very rare seeing someone take good care of the car.

100% my approach with the wheels. The Inductions look sweet but I've seen just as sweet of a look with dark painted Geminis. I think I'll start with Hyperdipping the light part of the wheel cover with the Black Emerald Metallic Hyperdip. It's a sheen between piano black and satin and I think the two tone with the grey on the wheels will look amazing.

I'd like to hyperdip the wheels themselves, too, but I may wait to see how often I actually keep the covers off before putting that money in. I'd do the same color as the covers, likely.
errr what kind of shops, if any, can do this for consumers? That's actually a need idea. I don't like the light grey part of the caps, and if they can be colored, I would like to do that instead.