Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered July 24th. Date went of course from Sep 1 to October 15 then to Nov 15th.

We opted for the LFP battery and took delivery on Sept 15th...looks like it was born 08.21

Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 2.46.27 PM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: JeffSanDiego
I am also in a state of active ignorance right now.

"Pay now to prioritize your delivery!" You liar, I already have a scheduled date and time and you wouldn't let me take delivery over the weekend.
Lol. I definitely had a couple days where I thought I was going to mess things up by not paying upfront. I did have my bank send their own piece a week early and my records showed that part was paid after a few days but I held on to the rest. If you're trading in, go to Trade-in | Tesla from a blank page, not from your account and see if you have a new higher value. Call them for an updated MVPA if it is and print that and take it with you at delivery if it's not done by delivery. Saved an extra $800.

Reactions: PatrickTM
The only thing I have insured with Geico currently is my 1965 F100 with a $330 premium. They quoted me an additional $688 for 2021 MY which seems more reasonable than what others are getting quoted.
I am with Geico too, clear record and all and I am bracing for some crazy rate with them after reading info like this. I am with Progressive on home insurance so probably adding the Tesla there will be beneficial. I will of course also check the Tesla insurance rate. I just need that VIN to get started...

Lol. I definitely had a couple days where I thought I was going to mess things up by not paying upfront. I did have my bank send their own piece a week early and my records showed that part was paid after a few days but I held on to the rest. If you're trading in, go to Trade-in | Tesla from a blank page, not from your account and see if you have a new higher value. Call them for an updated MVPA if it is and print that and take it with you at delivery if it's not done by delivery. Saved an extra $800.

I did do the Tesla financing the same day I ordered as I was told you jump over those who haven't done so or finished all their "paperwork". Not sure if that was true.

We didn't use it anyway b/c our CU had a lower rate.

Mine is the uhhh concrete floor.

If I pressure wash it, what do you recommend besides a squeegee, to help dry it out? My driveway is on a minor slope but the garage isn't.

I am not washing it for the cars, but due to the fact that there was a bleach bottled that spilled all over the floor. It was not a fun day...... :oops:
and I just bought the house too, so finally got all the stuff moved in to the house from the garage and organized it, although no where as good as yours looks. Luckily there was shelving installed in the extra space of the garage so I stored a lot of the boxes there.
I pressured washed my flat concrete floor garage a couple weeks ago. I used a broom to sweep excess water out, then used a leaf blower to get the puddles "spread out" and just left the garage open to air dry. Every now and then I would use the broom to sweep puddles.

I did do the Tesla financing the same day I ordered as I was told you jump over those who haven't done so or finished all their "paperwork". Not sure if that was true.

We didn't use it anyway b/c our CU had a lower rate.
I had ours switched to cash after the tesla application expired and then at VIN, switched to 3rd party financed and used my CU for a lower rate too. I didn't finance all the difference after trading so we had some to pay out of pocket. That was where the $800 discount came in handy

Hi, VIN waiters! I'm mere days away from picking up my May 31 order! I got a phone call from Mark at the Mt Kisco center about half hour ago to:
  1. confirm the appointment
  2. ask for a scan of my registration to confirm the plates i'll be putting on the car (i'm carrying them in )
  3. verify the amount owed (my numbers and tesla's agree, even though i would have preferred to take the NY State rebate above the line to reduce my sales tax!)
  4. verify my payment method (see the statement on cashier's check, below. I still might use Plaid).
  5. confirm the process for the day.
Immediately after the call, I got this email which I'll share here:

//start email
Hello Mike,

We're excited for your Tesla delivery on 09/24/2021 11:00 AM

Your vehicle is slated to arrive on 9/22, we’ll confirm with you once it lands

PLEASE CONFIRM YOUR APPOINTMENT

Amount Due:
$58,306.79

ACH on your MyTesla account is the easiest way to pay. Otherwise, we can accept a Cashier’s Check made out to “Tesla Inc.”

Expectations for Delivery Day:

• Upon arrival, you will scan the QR code at the front desk letting us know you’re here.
  • After checking in, you will find your vehicle staged & ready with your name in the windshield. A Delivery advisor will be down within 15 minutes of your arrival.
  • We aim to get everyone on the road in 30 minutes, but it is possible it can take up to an hour.
Note:

Arriving earlier than your delivery appointment will not influence an earlier delivery.

This is contingent on getting the accurate requested documents to us prior to delivery. You will be contacted 24 – 48 hours prior to your delivery appointment to finalize outstanding items. If these items are not finalized we will have to reschedule your delivery to preserve your experience & time

Missing items needed prior to Tesla delivery:

• Transferring Plates? Please send us a photo of your previous vehicle registration Certificate linked to the plates. Alternatively, you A may provide a screenshot of the registration section of your MYDMV profile.
//end

My job this week is to transfer my G80 to my kids (as a $0 gift) so it's off my insurance and on theirs! Hopefully by Wednesday. The MY better be in perfect condition so I accept it!

I pressured washed my flat concrete floor garage a couple weeks ago. I used a broom to sweep excess water out, then used a leaf blower to get the puddles "spread out" and just left the garage open to air dry. Every now and then I would use the broom to sweep puddles.
Ah thank you! That makes sense. Now I just need to get a leaf blower 🤣
We were actually talking about getting one over the weekend, forgot what for already lol. Oh the deck I think.

How many here have actually sold to Vroom? Please there be someone, please!
I am getting a little more than Carvana over at Vroom, with the defects mentioned. Even though I have managed to add a little over a 1000 miles since last appraisal and the appraisal is slightly higher than before.

Hi, VIN waiters! I'm mere days away from picking up my May 31 order! I got a phone call from Mark at the Mt Kisco center about half hour ago to:
  1. confirm the appointment
  2. ask for a scan of my registration to confirm the plates i'll be putting on the car (i'm carrying them in )
  3. verify the amount owed (my numbers and tesla's agree, even though i would have preferred to take the NY State rebate above the line to reduce my sales tax!)
  4. verify my payment method (see the statement on cashier's check, below. I still might use Plaid).
  5. confirm the process for the day.
Immediately after the call, I got this email which I'll share here:

//start email
Hello Mike,

We're excited for your Tesla delivery on 09/24/2021 11:00 AM

Your vehicle is slated to arrive on 9/22, we’ll confirm with you once it lands

PLEASE CONFIRM YOUR APPOINTMENT

Amount Due:
$58,306.79

ACH on your MyTesla account is the easiest way to pay. Otherwise, we can accept a Cashier’s Check made out to “Tesla Inc.”

Expectations for Delivery Day:

• Upon arrival, you will scan the QR code at the front desk letting us know you’re here.
  • After checking in, you will find your vehicle staged & ready with your name in the windshield. A Delivery advisor will be down within 15 minutes of your arrival.
  • We aim to get everyone on the road in 30 minutes, but it is possible it can take up to an hour.
Note:

Arriving earlier than your delivery appointment will not influence an earlier delivery.

This is contingent on getting the accurate requested documents to us prior to delivery. You will be contacted 24 – 48 hours prior to your delivery appointment to finalize outstanding items. If these items are not finalized we will have to reschedule your delivery to preserve your experience & time

Missing items needed prior to Tesla delivery:

• Transferring Plates? Please send us a photo of your previous vehicle registration Certificate linked to the plates. Alternatively, you A may provide a screenshot of the registration section of your MYDMV profile.
//end

My job this week is to transfer my G80 to my kids (as a $0 gift) so it's off my insurance and on theirs! Hopefully by Wednesday. The MY better be in perfect condition so I accept it!

My delivery date change by more than 2 weeks from when I got a similar email. I was told "slow truck due to weather". LOL Good luck...

@loggedout I’ve test driven the S at least 4 times, the 3 twice, the X once & the Y 4 times (including an overnighter). Definitely an addiction. At this point tho you might as well hold off til delivery lol test driving now will just make your wait even more agonizing
There was a flash of time - in the days/weeks/months after the Model 3 was revealed that I felt extremely lucky to haven driven or ridden in all 4 Tesla vehicles: Roadster, MS, MX, and the M3 that was at the event. Took a good long while for the M3s to get built so I carried around that badge of honor for a while.

Ordered July 24th. Date went of course from Sep 1 to October 15 then to Nov 15th.

We opted for the LFP battery and took delivery on Sept 15th...looks like it was born 08.21

View attachment 711977
This is the Model Y Current Delivery thread, but all are welcome.

Question: how do you know this is an LFP pack? I thought LFP Model 3s were all MIC.

Ah thank you! That makes sense. Now I just need to get a leaf blower 🤣
We were actually talking about getting one over the weekend, forgot what for already lol. Oh the deck I think.
I should have known electric vehicles were in my future when I sold off my gas power lawnmower, edger and leaf blower and bought all electric ones (EGO) a couple years ago.

I'm still waiting for my MY but I called Geico to give me an estimate to add the MY... they came out with around $1,000 for 6 months... I have been with Geico for about 10 years and clean driving record, same my wife...

I would check with Progressive once I receive my VIN....

What policy did you get for your MY ???
It is a Progressive policy - They called it "custom" because I guess I added tow to it and did not want rental. It is their premium offer I think.... 250/500/100 for both Liability and Uninsured, deductible around 500.00, I think that is about it.... does that help? I got a quote online but then called and they lowered it even more!!

Reactions: Teslitored