Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD shifted within the last 30 minutes from Sep 23-30 to Sep 28-30, with no VIN assigned. I sent an email to my SA yesterday asking if he had any additional insight beyond my account page info. I’ll report back with his response once I get it.

Same with me. Looks like they are not ready to release the red delivery wave yet 🤔

You guys are sooooo getting VINs this weekend / early next week!

So can someone please tell what I need to do... I only check my EDD about two to three times a day. Should I check it more often? Will this wear them down and they will say "Oh f**k it, send him a car!"? I am not sure what to do... I see Elon all over the place so he obviously has time on his hands. I am getting a bit frustrated, but really how mad can you be when you are driving your daughters 2002 Toyota Matrix with a vanity plate of "IMHAVINGFUN"? Lord Father Almighty be with us all, we are simply trying to save the planet and go really fast and look really cool in the process.

So can someone please tell what I need to do... I only check my EDD about two to three times a day. Should I check it more often? Will this wear them down and they will say "Oh f**k it, send him a car!"? I am not sure what to do... I see Elon all over the place so he obviously has time on his hands. I am getting a bit frustrated, but really how mad can you be when you are driving your daughters 2002 Toyota Matrix with a vanity plate of "IMHAVINGFUN"? Lord Father Almighty be with us all, we are simply trying to save the planet and go really fast and look really cool in the process.
Relax, you are a July order. Refresh from time to time and try not to think about it too much. This is coming from a guy who would refresh multiple times a day and feel all anxious about it. Brace for some wait and don't sweat!

@iamlukewang would you care to elaborate a bit more on your order progress? Like anything go wrong along with way with trade-in, adding trade-in, removing trade-in, order edits (wheels, colors, etc.), financing being re-run, or anything that might have hindered your order and put you in the back of the queue?

Not trying to blame you or anything, I am genuinely rooting for you to get your car ASAP. Just trying to collect datapoints on what could set people further back in queue.
This. I am not saying you @iamlukewang did anything wrong but I would really check with SA if your profile is all in good standing. Insurance, payment method, people on registration, all that. You are a very odd order for San Diego. I had my order on May 29th and profile completion in the middle of June. I believe all people here in SD from May either got cars delivered, have VINs in place or are about to get VINs. Escalate it to Tesla as much as you can imho but be cool about it. It might just be some glitch that has to be resolved. Good luck!

This. I am not saying you @iamlukewang did anything wrong but I would really check with SA if your profile is all in good standing. Insurance, payment method, people on registration, all that. You are a very odd order for San Diego. I had my order on May 29th and profile completion in the middle of June. I believe all people here in SD from May either got cars delivered, have VINs in place or are about to get VINs. Escalate it to Tesla as much as you can imho but be cool about it. It might just be some glitch that has to be resolved. Good luck!
5/2 Order complete profile on the same day for a lease. 7/4 changed From lease to loan applied and approved the day after. 9/15 loan expired then applied again and approved same day. Called SA every week. Nothing wrong with my order and got same reply phrase " should be very close, maybe next week. Don't trust the EDD."

Attachments

• IMG_6288.jpg
    IMG_6288.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 69
Same with me. Looks like they are not ready to release the red delivery wave yet 🤔
I thought so as well. I have Red/white MY that was supposed to be delivered this month got pushed out entire month. Ordered on june and still don't have vin yet. When I called CS, the lady i talked to said I guarantee you its because yours is Red. My SA doesn't believe so. He said they usually don't know much.

I tried to do the Tesla rate Match to get a better rate than the 2.49% they approved me for.

I don’t know if DCU is catching on to trend of people just using them to get a Tesla rate match but I am taking delivery today and spent the last few days unsuccessfully getting this to happen so far.

I got a referral link, applied and DCU preapproved me for 1.49% but I spoke to many reps and they would only verbally tell me my preapproval rate and nowhere can I see this in writing until I provide them with the MVPa from Tesla. I first called Tesla who told me no such thing exist, then I found it on my own on my account page, submitted it to DCU but they claim it’s not sufficient. They need the MVPA with the additional pages if I had chosen to finance with a third party not from Tesla. So now I emailed rate match at Tesla and showed screenshot of pre approval from DCU but they want to see the actual terms which DCU is refusing to provide unless I cancel financing with Tesla which will generate the MVPA DCU is looking for.

Looks like I will take delivery later today with Tesla financing and go through with refinancing with DCU.

5/2 Order complete profile on the same day for a lease. 7/4 changed From lease to loan applied and approved the day after. 9/15 loan expired then applied again and approved same day. Called SA every week. Nothing wrong with my order and got same reply phrase " should be very close, maybe next week. Don't trust the EDD."
Man, I am so sorry about your experience. I would double triple freak out knowing that everything that you can possibly do, you did and still you are in a huge delay. Keep your head up, I am sure she will be delivered soon.

Man, I am so sorry about your experience. I would double triple freak out knowing that everything that you can possibly do, you did and still you are in a huge delay. Keep your head up, I am sure she will be delivered soon.
Could be the change from lease to loan reset the date to 7/4, which would align with current EDD based on other July orders?? But yeah ignore the EDD, easier said than done.

The Toyota Matrix is a beast! Mad respect, Dave. Mad respect.

My experience was that I checked frequently in the early days but knew in the back of my mind that it would not happen until at least 75 days. So on the 70 ish day I ramped up my checking (addicted) and around the 75th day I got a VIN. It took about 2+ weeks after that to set up delivery - I am in Richmond, VA. I held on to the belief that the average order to VIN time was going to be around 75 days - with a few confusing outliers - May/April orders during my wait and some very quick turnarounds (but those were rare). Hope that helps. Join in and share your sense of humor with others as well as your experience, we all benefit. Watermelon picks up tomorrow.

I tried to do the Tesla rate Match to get a better rate than the 2.49% they approved me for.

I don’t know if DCU is catching on to trend of people just using them to get a Tesla rate match but I am taking delivery today and spent the last few days unsuccessfully getting this to happen so far.

I got a referral link, applied and DCU preapproved me for 1.49% but I spoke to many reps and they would only verbally tell me my preapproval rate and nowhere can I see this in writing until I provide them with the MVPa from Tesla. I first called Tesla who told me no such thing exist, then I found it on my own on my account page, submitted it to DCU but they claim it’s not sufficient. They need the MVPA with the additional pages if I had chosen to finance with a third party not from Tesla. So now I emailed rate match at Tesla and showed screenshot of pre approval from DCU but they want to see the actual terms which DCU is refusing to provide unless I cancel financing with Tesla which will generate the MVPA DCU is looking for.

Looks like I will take delivery later today with Tesla financing and go through with refinancing with DCU.
From what I understand, the whole process is, you get VIN, then MVPA from Tesla. Use this MVPA to get DCU loan. DCU will send Docusign to accept the loan. Don't sign but use Docusign snap shot for rate match with Tesla.