Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could be the change from lease to loan reset the date to 7/4, which would align with current EDD based on other July orders?? But yeah ignore the EDD, easier said than done.
@ZeeMike @iamlukewang
That's what I think as well. EDD-wise it actually fits in perfectly with July orders. My friend with a May order just took delivery two weeks ago, on September 11. Her order was bit later than the average May order because she's in TX, and Texas plays shenanigans and makes life hard for Tesla. July order being fulfilled in October is pretty much "on time" in "Tesla time".
The lease to loan must have constituted an order change and generated a new order agreement.

Could be the change from lease to loan reset the date to 7/4, which would align with current EDD based on other July orders?? But yeah ignore the EDD, easier said than done.
My profile was initially trade-on + cash + loan, then cash only, the cash + loan and now, 2 days ahead of delivery, trade-in + cash + loan. I had a little scare when the EDD was dancing between October and September and thought it was the payment shifting but my SA assured that my account standing was always the same and all those things did not affect planned delivery range.

I was in the area so I stopped by Tesla Raleigh this afternoon. There were about 6-8 Model Ys. (Mostly Pearl White, with a couple of Deep Blue, and Midnight Silver Metallic) And then a transport vehicle arrived with additional inventory. All the MYs were either Sept 6 or Sept 8 builds. So if anyone out there is expecting a Raleigh delivery by 9/30, your MY may already be there. Unfortunately, I’m still looking at a Nov 23 - Dec 13 EDD.

3D967CC2-A897-49D0-A7E9-C1AA89A8CA93.jpeg
C191DA68-7287-4300-B087-030B2F9AB810.jpeg

It is pretty late even for a early July order.

The only thing keep my peace is the 3k price difference.
Well my 7/11 is sitting at 10/13-11/2. In my obsessive perusal of these forms I’ve only seen 3 LR Y July orders get a VIN, since the last Octobergedden. 2 in Colorado and 1 in Tennessee (if I remember that one). Even those could have been a lucky match on some impatient reservation holder who jumped on a P instead OR maybe there was room on the truck so they got lucky.

Regardless May is a looooonnnngggg time ago and I hope you get your VIN soon.

I was in the area so I stopped by Tesla Raleigh this afternoon. There were about 6-8 Model Ys. (Mostly Pearl White, with a couple of Deep Blue, and Midnight Silver Metallic) And then a transport vehicle arrived with additional inventory. All the MYs were either Sept 6 or Sept 8 builds. So if anyone out there is expecting a Raleigh delivery by 9/30, your MY may already be there. Unfortunately, I’m still looking at a Nov 23 - Dec 13 EDD.

View attachment 713666View attachment 713667
Looks great! Lucky owners getting there cars soon!

Also, obligatory:
"Why is that black Model Y installed with a white mismatched bumper?"
"Why do all the Model Y's on the truck have old 'chrome' window trim?" :cool:

From what I understand, the whole process is, you get VIN, then MVPA from Tesla. Use this MVPA to get DCU loan. DCU will send Docusign to accept the loan. Don't sign but use Docusign snap shot for rate match with Tesla.
Is there a benefit to going with Tesla vs. DCU? Or is it just not having to wait for the check and other hassles?

Looks great! Lucky owners getting there cars soon!

Also, obligatory:
"Why is that black Model Y installed with a white mismatched bumper?"
"Why do all the Model Y's on the truck have old 'chrome' window trim?" :cool:
its not a mismatch bumper is just wrap around plastic... I think the windows have the same too.
But you probably was just messing around and knew this. Sorry for my intervention... lol

I tried to do the Tesla rate Match to get a better rate than the 2.49% they approved me for.

I don’t know if DCU is catching on to trend of people just using them to get a Tesla rate match but I am taking delivery today and spent the last few days unsuccessfully getting this to happen so far.

I got a referral link, applied and DCU preapproved me for 1.49% but I spoke to many reps and they would only verbally tell me my preapproval rate and nowhere can I see this in writing until I provide them with the MVPa from Tesla. I first called Tesla who told me no such thing exist, then I found it on my own on my account page, submitted it to DCU but they claim it’s not sufficient. They need the MVPA with the additional pages if I had chosen to finance with a third party not from Tesla. So now I emailed rate match at Tesla and showed screenshot of pre approval from DCU but they want to see the actual terms which DCU is refusing to provide unless I cancel financing with Tesla which will generate the MVPA DCU is looking for.

Looks like I will take delivery later today with Tesla financing and go through with refinancing with DCU.
I may have gotten lucky but I was approved at 2.29% from Wells Fargo. I sent that document to DCU which had 5-6 pages with rate and Wells Fargo mentioned. They sent me a DOCUSIGN with 1.24% for 65 months to sign. I sent that to rate match and they changed my rate to 1.24% for 72 months. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Ray8 and PatrickTM

5/2 Order complete profile on the same day for a lease. 7/4 changed From lease to loan applied and approved the day after. 9/15 loan expired then applied again and approved same day. Called SA every week. Nothing wrong with my order and got same reply phrase " should be very close, maybe next week. Don't trust the EDD."
Go on your account and pull up the order agreement. What date does it show that you placed the order?? It will say something like “order electronically placed” or so

Reactions: PatrickTM
I tried to do the Tesla rate Match to get a better rate than the 2.49% they approved me for.

I don’t know if DCU is catching on to trend of people just using them to get a Tesla rate match but I am taking delivery today and spent the last few days unsuccessfully getting this to happen so far.

I got a referral link, applied and DCU preapproved me for 1.49% but I spoke to many reps and they would only verbally tell me my preapproval rate and nowhere can I see this in writing until I provide them with the MVPa from Tesla. I first called Tesla who told me no such thing exist, then I found it on my own on my account page, submitted it to DCU but they claim it’s not sufficient. They need the MVPA with the additional pages if I had chosen to finance with a third party not from Tesla. So now I emailed rate match at Tesla and showed screenshot of pre approval from DCU but they want to see the actual terms which DCU is refusing to provide unless I cancel financing with Tesla which will generate the MVPA DCU is looking for.

Looks like I will take delivery later today with Tesla financing and go through with refinancing with DCU.
I think you’re supposed to put DCU as the financing company on the order as 3rd party financing. That generated a mvpa with DCU on it. That’s what they need to approve the loan. After that, you can switch your profile to Tesla financing and request the rate.
My bank asked for the same thing and I sent the one page mvpa. They replied that I need to send the 8 page one showing them as the finance company (section 5.D).
I don’t know if that’s everyone’s experience but that was mine.

Reactions: Ray8 and PatrickTM
So can someone please tell what I need to do... I only check my EDD about two to three times a day. Should I check it more often? Will this wear them down and they will say "Oh f**k it, send him a car!"? I am not sure what to do... I see Elon all over the place so he obviously has time on his hands. I am getting a bit frustrated, but really how mad can you be when you are driving your daughters 2002 Toyota Matrix with a vanity plate of "IMHAVINGFUN"? Lord Father Almighty be with us all, we are simply trying to save the planet and go really fast and look really cool in the process.
I would recommend saving yourself the hassle of the EDD entirely and trust whatever month Tesla was projecting on the build page when you placed your order initially.

We ordered 7/7 and the estimate then was “September”. I obsessively checked my EDD several times per day, only to find in the end that September was accurate. We got our VIN on 9/10 and just took delivery on Wednesday.

Ok so I’m becoming more & more at peace with taking delivery late October-mid November. Was hoping by chance of some miracle I’d get pushed forward to an EOQ date or even early October, but I feel like the 2022 VINs will start to be delivered late October. I’ll wait a few extra weeks for that.

Don’t get me wrong tho, bc if I see a VIN pop up anytime soon I’m definitely doing cartwheels around the house. 🤸‍♂️

Really, we submitted our mvpa or order page with vin, once the file was in the underwriter's possession. Did you try speaking to a manager? The lady that gave us the pre approval the first day, submitted my brother's file and mentioned he would be contacted within 2 days, which was what happened. That's when my brother had to go through documentation, creating membership etc.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Well my 7/11 is sitting at 10/13-11/2. In my obsessive perusal of these forms I’ve only seen 3 LR Y July orders get a VIN, since the last Octobergedden. 2 in Colorado and 1 in Tennessee (if I remember that one). Even those could have been a lucky match on some impatient reservation holder who jumped on a P instead OR maybe there was room on the truck so they got lucky.

Regardless May is a looooonnnngggg time ago and I hope you get your VIN soon.
I’m one of the Colorado July orders. We just took delivery on Wednesday and the only thing I can gather is that we hit the precise sweet spot with our order. Vanilla white on black MY (only change was adding the tow), in the “west coast” delivery region for EOQ, immediate profile completion upon ordering, and no changes to the order or profile. I definitely feel very lucky to have received ours exactly 11 weeks from ordering.

I keep seeing notes stating “I spoke with my SA” or “I emailed/texted my SA”.

Question: how do you get a SA (Sales Adviser?)?

I live in Wisconsin where Tesla is not allowed to sell, so I ordered online. Tesla does have a test drive facility here, and I did have a test drive, but there seems to be a disconnect between me ordering and the people working there. In fact, weeks after I ordered someone from Tesla texted me telling me I should place an order soon because Tesla was due for another price increase soon and deliveries were into January. I’ve texted that number back, but no one responds.