Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I keep seeing notes stating “I spoke with my SA” or “I emailed/texted my SA”.

Question: how do you get a SA (Sales Adviser?)?

I live in Wisconsin where Tesla is not allowed to sell, so I ordered online. Tesla does have a test drive facility here, and I did have a test drive, but there seems to be a disconnect between me ordering and the people working there. In fact, weeks after I ordered someone from Tesla texted me telling me I should place an order soon because Tesla was due for another price increase soon and deliveries were into January. I’ve texted that number back, but no one responds.

Usually an email or text from a named individual (as far as I can see they are actually called Tesla Advisor's but from the Sales team). Honestly I don't think you are missing out on much though. The only time I ever heard from my SA was before I completed my profile, so basically he was ensuring the sale was as far along as he could get it. After that I messaged a couple of times about my EDD and response was pretty much useless.

Since I ordered an inventory model and completed the profile same day I've never heard from them or another SA. I have only received a text from an unnamed source telling me the delivery date had to be delayed.

Reactions: JeffSanDiego
So it happened! I have my new model Y in my possession! The process was easy, smooth and I was driving out 45 minutes after I walked in.

I was greeted by one person who helped me sign in with the QR code. We located my car together and then I was handed off to a young woman who help me complete the delivery process. She was very excited for me… and also for herself! She ordered an MY 2 weeks ago and is looking at a March delivery.

I did a couple of walk arounds, checked all the doors and gaps, tested all of the electric usb outlets, messed with the seats, tested the climate control system, played music, and tested the lights. The cameras worked and I tested sentry mode.

We synced my phone and the card keys and we made sure the walk away lock worked. She stayed away with my phone and I tested that the card key worked to get in the car and start it.

I had to sign my name a few times, give them my bank check + a credit card (I changed my registration from transferring from my ICE car to a new registration so I owed a few more dollars).

The car had 88% charge and 7 miles on it. I wanted to test the supercharger and my delivery rep said that I couldn’t right there but she told me they used a supercharger to pump it up.

one weird thing: when I was in the trunk, I used the switches to put the seats down. When I pushed the seats back up, there was a plastic fastener on the backseat but I could not tell where it came from. I showed it to the delivery rep and she took it inside to the technician who set up my car. He told her a fastener had fallen out of his pocket and he couldn’t find it and was glad that she gave it to him because now he knew where it was.

Attachments

• 18A494C3-B636-415D-8915-29C1A51BB2F4.jpeg
    18A494C3-B636-415D-8915-29C1A51BB2F4.jpeg
    945.7 KB · Views: 94
  • 037C7AE4-2134-4285-9674-4B63B6C0F557.jpeg
    037C7AE4-2134-4285-9674-4B63B6C0F557.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 68
Is there a benefit to going with Tesla vs. DCU? Or is it just not having to wait for the check and other hassles?
I think you’re supposed to put DCU as the financing company on the order as 3rd party financing. That generated a mvpa with DCU on it. That’s what they need to approve the loan. After that, you can switch your profile to Tesla financing and request the rate.
My bank asked for the same thing and I sent the one page mvpa. They replied that I need to send the 8 page one showing them as the finance company (section 5.D).
I don’t know if that’s everyone’s experience but that was mine.
I think you’re supposed to put DCU as the financing company on the order as 3rd party financing. That generated a mvpa with DCU on it. That’s what they need to approve the loan. After that, you can switch your profile to Tesla financing and request the rate.
My bank asked for the same thing and I sent the one page mvpa. They replied that I need to send the 8 page one showing them as the finance company (section 5.D).
I don’t know if that’s everyone’s experience but that was mine.
This is my same experience, DCU will not send me the Docusign I need to show Tesla Rate match claiming the MVPA I submitted to them was not sufficient, the one they will accept is if I change my payment to third party financing which will generate a longer more detailed MVPA.... Since I am taking delivery later on today I cannot change financing or else I wouldn't be able to take delivery so for now I am going to go with Tesla financing at 2.49% and refinance with DCU at 1.49% who said my loan approval is valid for 45 days, I was hoping to avoid the hassle of all the extra paperwork but 1% is a major difference over the life of the loan...

Reactions: ImperfectTes
From what I understand, the whole process is, you get VIN, then MVPA from Tesla. Use this MVPA to get DCU loan. DCU will send Docusign to accept the loan. Don't sign but use Docusign snap shot for rate match with Tesla.
This is correct but in order for this to work you cannot have Tesla financial as the financing when generating the MVPA or else DCU will say it is not sufficient for them to send the Docusign in my case...

I live in Wisconsin where Tesla is not allowed to sell, so I ordered online. Tesla does have a test drive facility here, and I did have a test drive, but there seems to be a disconnect between me ordering and the people working there. In fact, weeks after I ordered someone from Tesla texted me telling me I should place an order soon because Tesla was due for another price increase soon and deliveries were into January. I’ve texted that number back, but no one responds.
I ordered in Apr and got my car couple of days back. Never had an assigned SA or DA. Always communicated with Tesla using text with the order support team and they were pretty responsive.

Reactions: EvEv
So it happened! I have my new model Y in my possession! The process was easy, smooth and I was driving out 45 minutes after I walked in.

I was greeted by one person who helped me sign in with the QR code. We located my car together and then I was handed off to a young woman who help me complete the delivery process. She was very excited for me… and also for herself! She ordered an MY 2 weeks ago and is looking at a March delivery.

I did a couple of walk arounds, checked all the doors and gaps, tested all of the electric usb outlets, messed with the seats, tested the climate control system, played music, and tested the lights. The cameras worked and I tested sentry mode.

We synced my phone and the card keys and we made sure the walk away lock worked. She stayed away with my phone and I tested that the card key worked to get in the car and start it.

I had to sign my name a few times, give them my bank check + a credit card (I changed my registration from transferring from my ICE car to a new registration so I owed a few more dollars).

The car had 88% charge and 7 miles on it. I wanted to test the supercharger and my delivery rep said that I couldn’t right there but she told me they used a supercharger to pump it up.

one weird thing: when I was in the trunk, I used the switches to put the seats down. When I pushed the seats back up, there was a plastic fastener on the backseat but I could not tell where it came from. I showed it to the delivery rep and she took it inside to the technician who set up my car. He told her a fastener had fallen out of his pocket and he couldn’t find it and was glad that she gave it to him because now he knew where it was.
grats! great to see you finally got your MY!!!!

Hello everyone!

Quick update - I took delivery this Wednesday. Total wait from order date to delivery is 91 days.

If not for my through and through inspection and getting to know/adjust everything to my likening I would be in and out in 5 minutes. I completed payment with certified check and Tesla app access was available prior to accepting delivery.

There was 12 including mine Teslas(mostly Y’s and few 3’s) ready for delivery that day.

There was few quality issues:

1. Few hairline scratches on driver side - was buffed out on the spot.
  2. On Passenger side cover under the seat there was a rubber just hanging out - made appointment for that.
  3. There is a few tiny door and trunk misalignments - not sure if I even going to mention that.
  4. Steering wheel misaligned about 5° - put a ticket for that as well.

Overall really happy how Y drives and handles.

Instant torque, sound system, very comfortable seats and all the tech puts smile on my face every time. Checked my loot box and to my surprise 1000 referral miles was available right away. Sentry mode is awesome but in 24hours car is loosing about 10% battery change😬.

Another lesson I learned about SA’s - they don’t know anything that we already know. Whatever estimates they come up with - it’s coming from their wildest imagination. My SA confirmed that(off the record).

So my advice is: make sure when you place your order - complete everything right away. Don’t apply for financing- select cash and change when you get a VIN. Don’t do trade in right away - you can add that when you get a VIN. If you want to change/add color, wheels, tow or seat configuration do it right away because charging that after awhile will most definitely put you back at the end of the line. Don’t stress to much over EDD addiction😊
6C470F59-DB42-4EC4-81E3-58901FDC5E83.jpeg
2790DEDA-751E-4849-B09B-9BA192AEEB7D.jpeg

There was few quality issues:

1. Few hairline scratches on driver side - was buffed out on the spot.
  2. On Passenger side cover under the seat there was a rubber just hanging out - made appointment for that.
  3. There is a few tiny door and trunk misalignments - not sure if I even going to mention that.
  4. Steering wheel misaligned about 5° - put a ticket for that as well.

Overall really happy how Y drives and handles.

Instant torque, sound system, very comfortable seats and all the tech puts smile on my face every time. Checked my loot box and to my surprise 1000 referral miles was available right away. Sentry mode is awesome but in 24hours car is loosing about 10% battery change😬.

Another lesson I learned about SA’s - they don’t know anything that we already know. Whatever estimates they come up with - it’s coming from their wildest imagination. My SA confirmed that(off the record).
For #4 - what does that look like? I'm not entirely sure what that means but would like to check my steering wheel. Also, have you noticed any kind of low frequency rumbling/boominess from bumps in the road? I'm not sure if I'm being too sensitive to it, but I know others have complained about it. Mine doesn't seem super bad though, but it's there. Our M3 doesn't have the same noises.

For your last point, Tesla does have an internal report which shows the mythical "soft match" date that people have talked about here. SAs can "impersonate" us and log in to the Tesla account to see what we see. But they can also take the RN number and paste it into an internal report to also see estimated status, which is the "soft match" date. I've seen this report in person multiple times and it's something customers aren't going to see on their own.

Reactions: PatrickTM
@ZeeMike @iamlukewang
That's what I think as well. EDD-wise it actually fits in perfectly with July orders. My friend with a May order just took delivery two weeks ago, on September 11. Her order was bit later than the average May order because she's in TX, and Texas plays shenanigans and makes life hard for Tesla. July order being fulfilled in October is pretty much "on time" in "Tesla time".
The lease to loan must have constituted an order change and generated a new order agreement.
I feel like you're spot on. Changing lease to loan is probably a more significant change than cash to financing or vice versa. Very few May orders should still be lingering around.

Day 114. No EDD changes or VIN. About to enter my EDD window for the third time tomorrow.
Hoping you get a VIN soon!

Reactions: PatrickTM
For #4 - what does that look like? I'm not entirely sure what that means but would like to check my steering wheel. Also, have you noticed any kind of low frequency rumbling/boominess from bumps in the road? I'm not sure if I'm being too sensitive to it, but I know others have complained about it. Mine doesn't seem super bad though, but it's there. Our M3 doesn't have the same noises.

For your last point, Tesla does have an internal report which shows the mythical "soft match" date that people have talked about here. SAs can "impersonate" us and log in to the Tesla account to see what we see. But they can also take the RN number and paste it into an internal report to also see estimated status, which is the "soft match" date. I've seen this report in person multiple times and it's something customers aren't going to see on their own.
For #4 it looks like when you driving straight steering wheel is tilted to the right side in my case by about 5-10°. I haven’t noticed any unusual sounds over bumps on the road. In fact it’s quite most of the time. I can confirm I’m not deaf or blind.
All I’m saying that SA’s not a magician’s - they don’t have control over production, dates or deliveries. They can correct/add your order and that’s about it.

I live in NJ where there’s several Tesla service centers. However, I ordered online in August and never received a phone call or text from an SA. Last week I phoned Tesla and was told that since I completed everything correctly online on the first day that it wasn’t necessary for an SA to contact me. I asked if I was assigned an SA and was told no and that I was on schedule to receive a vehicle between December 2021 and January 2022.

Cross-posting also..

YA'LLLLLLLLLLLLLL...

JUST when I thought I was convinced VINS weren't assigned mid-day...

my stars FINALLY ALIGNED!!!!!!! Sooooo effin excited!!!

I did what must've been my 50th refresh today.. convinced I was going to see the same "Tesla Model Y" on my dashboard.. but lo and behold... it had 2021 with this refresh!!! No email notification. Now if only they can let me pick up or take delivery before I leave for Disneyland on Sunday! Thanks to everyone who sent the good VIN vibes my way!

VIN: 277xxx

EDD changed from 9/26-9/30 to 9/24-9/29

*sigh of relief*

Last edited:
Cross-posting also..

YA'LLLLLLLLLLLLLL...

I did what must've been my 50'th refresh today.. convinced I was going to see the same "Tesla Model Y" on my dashboard.. but lo and behold... it had 2021 with this refresh!!! No email notification. Now if only they can let me pick up or take delivery before I leave for Disneyland on Sunday! Thanks to everyone who sent the good VIN vibes my way!

*sigh of relief*
Congrats!

Cross-posting. After 114 days after my OD, my VIN finally arrived this afternoon. VIN275. EDD 9/27-9/30
Congrats! I was expecting you to be soon :)

Cross-posting also..

YA'LLLLLLLLLLLLLL...

I did what must've been my 50th refresh today.. convinced I was going to see the same "Tesla Model Y" on my dashboard.. but lo and behold... it had 2021 with this refresh!!! No email notification. Now if only they can let me pick up or take delivery before I leave for Disneyland on Sunday! Thanks to everyone who sent the good VIN vibes my way!

*sigh of relief*
Congrats! VIN of 277, they're pumping these out like no tomorrow! My 9/22 delivery was 273 and that was pretty up there when I got my VIN on 9/20 LOL.