Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I talked to an SA at Tesla San Diego/ Carlsbad yesterday afternoon and he also thinks my delivery will slip to the first half of October due to red cars being manufactured in batches.

I guess I’ll pass my time on YouTube watching Gjeebs, Bearded Tesla Guy, and EVDave.
Guess I’ll be on the same boat. The September EDD is such a tease!

Hi everyone, I’m currently on day 97 😭. My EDD of 10/15-11/04 has been steady for over 3 weeks! I’ve looked into the Polstar 2, I’ve had an id.4 on order for like 6 months but neither comes to close to the MY… and I installed the wall charger so that doesn’t help. But they’re really making it difficult with this wait especially when people who ordered after me have gotten their cars. But I’ll hang on for a bit longer. This forum helps and wanted to thank you guys for the company.

Edit: when I placed the order it was a September estimate.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I’m currently on day 97 😭. My EDD of 10/15-11/04 has been steady for over 3 weeks! I’ve looked into the Polstar 2, I’ve had an id.4 on order for like 6 months but neither comes to close to the MY… and I installed the wall charger so that doesn’t help. But they’re really making it difficult with this wait especially when people who ordered after me have gotten their cars. But I’ll hang on for a bit longer. This forum helps and wanted to thank you guys for the company.

Edit: when I placed the order it was a September estimate.
Don’t cancel it. I cancelled mine and it becomes a giant bag of regret. Plan for October 30 and be surprised when it’s earlier.

Odd. Across the river in NJ; State Farm's charging about $520 or so for six months a clip. Where are you in NY? The world's highest ever crime district with street parking?
Back when the M3 was newish in 2018, there were reports in CA that certain insurers were sure that M3 LR and M3 P's were sports cars, like Lamborghinis or something, and charged appropriately. Other insurers were Much More Sane, and it's thought that Tesla's forays into insurance was induced by ridiculously high insurance rates.
Moral: Shop around, for sure.
$63 a month for me here in VT. A ridiculous rate if you ask me. I paid 130 a month in Florida.

Reactions: PatrickTM
After 111 days with no VIN, and an EDD that was still 6-8 weeks away, I pulled the rip cord and put a deposit down on a new red MYLR5 in stock at the Boise, ID location on Thursday evening. I have the car with a VIN in my account, and I arranged to pick it up on Thursday in Boise. Flights into Boise from Denver are absurdly cheap, as is a hotel room to spend the night outside Salt Lake City with a Tesla destination charger. Plan is to fly into Boise around 10AM, catch an Uber to the dealership, which is only a few miles down the road, pick up the car and head out towards Utah. I'll spend the night there and be home Friday evening.

The only issue I'm trying to work out is paying local sales tax. Idaho has a form that you can fill out to avoid paying it if you are a non-resident taking the vehicle out of state. Tesla doesn't seem to know how to handle this situation off hand, but I have talked to a very nice customer service rep who is working to find out what to do about it. I'm excited to get a car finally, and rid myself of this wait and uncertainty.

I dont know if I still have time to join DCU before having my VIN but i would like to try...
I think I will even stay with DCU loan...
can someone give me a referal? or advise if I have time or not?
DCU processed my loan approval yesterday in under an hour. Their tech stack is a bit janky so things don’t always work but if you’re patient through getting an account with their default savings set up so you get the account (member) number + pin (made available in the portal), it expedites the processing of the loan. To be clear, you don’t have to have membership prior to applying for the loan. The longest part for me was waiting to get on the phone with someone (54 min wait time with really annoying hold music), because I wanted to clarify the actual rate I was approved for. I’m waiting for a VIN as well.
DM me your name and email and I can send over a referral.

End of quarter rush appears to be in full effect...got my VIN this morning (274xxx)!! EDD moved 9/25 - 9/30. It's been 110 long days since I ordered...I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! 😀 FWIW I never received any text to confirm Sept delivery...blue button just showed up this morning (I guess my SA was right after all).

Reminder to update the Teslike Model Y tracker spreadsheet: Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker

Update: got a text to schedule delivery...the only option was home delivery on 9/28. Odd that only one date was available...but I'll take it!

Last edited: