Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you already agrees to the loan that Tesla arranged can you pull out of that and go elsewhere? Are are you stuck once you agree? I just refreshed my Tesla provided loan few days back when it expired. The interest rate is the routine 2.49% but curious if we can pull out and go elsewhere?
If you signed/accepted the Tesla loan, I'm not sure what the back-out options on that would look like since it's a loan-term (contract) to pay for the specific vehicle; I'm assuming you have the VIN already. What I've learned from this community is that it's best to leave the payment option on Cash until after you get the VIN, then shop around to get the best rate and have Tesla match the lowest rate you get from a 3rd party (this is my plan). You can always take delivery of your car with the 2.49% loan, then refinance with DCU at the lower rate.

I thought so as well. I have Red/white MY that was supposed to be delivered this month got pushed out entire month. Ordered on june and still don't have vin yet. When I called CS, the lady i talked to said I guarantee you its because yours is Red. My SA doesn't believe so. He said they usually don't know much.
I’m hopefully for the red MY crowd. Been in this thread a while and many folks have commented that have a Red that their EDD is in October November.

If you signed/accepted the Tesla loan, I'm not sure what the back-out options on that would look like since it's a loan-term (contract) to pay for the specific vehicle; I'm assuming you have the VIN already. What I've learned from this community is that it's best to leave the payment option on Cash until after you get the VIN, then shop around to get the best rate and have Tesla match the lowest rate you get from a 3rd party (this is my plan). You can always take delivery of your car with the 2.49% loan, then refinance with DCU at the lower rate.
No VIN. It’s just what I felt was convenient. So went with the Tesla provided financiers. Agree should have chosen cash option and then shopped around. Well it’s fine. I just saw the 1.5% that folks here were getting which is almost interest free loan :) Refinancing will incur probably more cost. I can try calling my SA and see if I can change to cash without affecting the OD and EDD. Don’t want to be pushed back in the line for changing the financing option even though there is no sight of the car yet :)

I’m hopefully for the red MY crowd. Been in this thread a while and many folks have commented that have a Red that their EDD is in October November.
Nothing about red man. Our ODs are pretty close and specifics same except for color. I included the hitch. Our EDDs are same frame. So hopefully eventually they will pull it into October

Nothing about red man. Our ODs are pretty close and specifics same except for color. I included the hitch. Our EDDs are same frame. So hopefully eventually they will pull it into October
Hope that’s the case :)
The wait is killing. I’m thinking how will I spend my time once the car is delivered. Because right now I’m spending a bunch of time on this app trying to maintain sanity and feel happy when someone posts they got a vin or picked up their car 🙂

Rear hatch has uneven left and right gaps. Is it worth raising a service ticket to get it aligned (wondering if they can even fix it) or this is commonplace. Thoughts?
The roof part looks normal. Ours is the same way, the panels are different widths so they won’t line up. Unless that’s a defect by itself.
the lights do look off though.

If you already agrees to the loan that Tesla arranged can you pull out of that and go elsewhere? Are are you stuck once you agree? I just refreshed my Tesla provided loan few days back when it expired. The interest rate is the routine 2.49% but curious if we can pull out and go elsewhere?
You can. They will simply change you to 3rd party financing. I don’t know if you decide to rate match after getting a lower rate somewhere else if that means they have to rerun your credit or they just switch you over again but you can change payment option

Hope that’s the case :)
The wait is killing. I’m thinking how will I spend my time once the car is delivered. Because right now I’m spending a bunch of time on this app trying to maintain sanity and feel happy when someone posts they got a vin or picked up their car 🙂
Order another one!!! 😅
Got my VIN yesterday for my 7/1 OD- hoping to have car in next few days
Have another MYLR with 8/13 OD, showing EDD of Dec 13- Jan 2 - so I’ll be sticking around awhile 😃
We will be a fully electric household!

Order another one!!! 😅
Got my VIN yesterday for my 7/1 OD- hoping to have car in next few days
Have another MYLR with 8/13 OD, showing EDD of Dec 13- Jan 2 - so I’ll be sticking around awhile 😃
We will be a fully electric household!
Man how many you want?? Lol Leave a few for rest of us haha

I talked to an SA at Tesla San Diego/ Carlsbad yesterday afternoon and he also thinks my delivery will slip to the first half of October due to red cars being manufactured in batches.

I guess I’ll pass my time on YouTube watching Gjeebs, Bearded Tesla Guy, and EVDave.