Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven’t gone back to check, but the delivery estimates for new MYs seem to have gone from January (or maybe February) to now April very quickly. I wonder whether that’s enormous demand, slowing production (maybe the transition to Austin), or something else, but it’s striking.

Reactions: loggedout
I picked up my Y today at Mt. Kisco. Everyone went smooth… they have a good system going. The person who was helping me out said that they were delivering 75 cars today and another 85 cars tomorrow. I stopped at a supercharger on my home and noticed that the front license plate fell off. Oh well…

Attachments

• 9A270F6F-8352-4D5F-8311-484A2218F8CC.jpeg
    9A270F6F-8352-4D5F-8311-484A2218F8CC.jpeg
    991.5 KB · Views: 89
I haven’t gone back to check, but the delivery estimates for new MYs seem to have gone from January (or maybe February) to now April very quickly. I wonder whether that’s enormous demand, slowing production (maybe the transition to Austin), or something else, but it’s striking.
In less than a month, orders went from a December delivery to April, a 4 month increase in wait time. Something is up with Tesla, most likely Austin in not coming online as quickly as they had hoped. I'm sure MYLR production had been slated to move from Fremont to Austin in Q4 but as things play out, delays in ramping up production are piling up. It's difficult to build a auto plant in the best of times...and these aren't the best of times for auto manufacturers.

I'm sure there's been more orders than usual in the past month since potential buyers are pulling the trigger early as they see delivery dates get pushed. But I doubt there has been 4 months worth of production booked in only 4 weeks. Something screwy is going on with production capacity and planning for Q4 and we are on the receiving end of it... which sucks. Less than 3 weeks ago when I placed my order, EDD was January. 20 days later, it's April. At this point, I have no EDD and have no faith that my car or anyone else's who have ordered recently are getting their orders in Q1 of 2022. Q4 hasn't even started. That Kia EV6 is looking like it may be an option before I will take delivery on my MYLR.

Sooooo I sold my Rav today, gonna be without a car for don't know how long. Bitter sweet moment! 😭
On the other hand, my brother got a good offer for his old car as well, which we need to take back in a few days. We will be doing that once we pick up the M3, hopefully this Tuesday, once it arrives at the SC. Payment was planned today but we got held up selling our cars so will be done on Monday morning.
Has anyone made payment when picking up, or 24 hours prior?

Order date 06/28. Delivery date 09/25. Was it worth the wait? - oh yes

New Model Y blue on white LR 7 seater picked up today next to the Model 3 that it will be replacing. Not the best picture but it has been raining all day, including through the entire pickup View attachment 714390
Congrats!! 🎉 🕺
Looks beautiful!

Sooooo I sold my Rav today, gonna be without a car for don't know how long. Bitter sweet moment! 😭
On the other hand, my brother got a good offer for his old car as well, which we need to take back in a few days. We will be doing that once we pick up the M3, hopefully this Tuesday, once it arrives at the SC. Payment was planned today but we got held up selling our cars so will be done on Monday morning.
Has anyone made payment when picking up, or 24 hours prior?
I made payment today for a Monday delivery, for what it's worth.

I made payment today for a Monday delivery, for what it's worth.
Thanks!
Yeah we had planned to drop off the check to them today, but things took an unexpected turn. For the better I guess, but added a day. Although the SC isn't confirmed for Monday pickup, car is in transit still, they encouraged for Tuesday. Since they think the car will arrive late Monday and they need time to do their own inspection.