Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sooooo I sold my Rav today, gonna be without a car for don't know how long. Bitter sweet moment! 😭
On the other hand, my brother got a good offer for his old car as well, which we need to take back in a few days. We will be doing that once we pick up the M3, hopefully this Tuesday, once it arrives at the SC. Payment was planned today but we got held up selling our cars so will be done on Monday morning.
Has anyone made payment when picking up, or 24 hours prior?
I brought a cashiers check with me, payable to Tesla Inc. That was one of the options when I spoke with the delivery person. I wanted to inspect the car before sending them money.

Thanks!
Yeah we had planned to drop off the check to them today, but things took an unexpected turn. For the better I guess, but added a day. Although the SC isn't confirmed for Monday pickup, car is in transit still, they encouraged for Tuesday. Since they think the car will arrive late Monday and they need time to do their own inspection.
I'm sort of in the same boat. My car leaves Freemont tomorrow morning for Portland, OR. Tesla told me today that my delivery appt for Monday from 12-4 is on the books but may be tight and they'll call Sunday to see I can take delivery later than 4 or push it to Tuesday of the car arrives later and they'll need time to inspect and detail before I get it.

I'm sure there's been more orders than usual in the past month since potential buyers are pulling the trigger early as they see delivery dates get pushed. But I doubt there has been 4 months worth of production booked in only 4 weeks. Something screwy is going on with production capacity and planning for Q4 [...]
I agree Austin production has been delayed. This leads to overall production not growing as fast as was expected. Both production and demand have been growing roughly exponentially. It's easy for them to get out of sync with demand greatly outpacing production. This is to be expected as we near the tipping point when the upfront cost of EVs rivals that of similar ICE vehicles. My guess is Tesla still faces chip shortages and decided to be more conservative with EDDs to avoid outrage and disappointment. In addition, I expect that within a year or two demand will greatly outstrip supply no matter how fast Tesla realistically increases production.

Elon recently said he thinks/hopes Tesla will be past the chip shortages sometime in 2022. I imagine this means late 2022. Other automakers are still shutting down production lines due to the shortages. Ford Europe says it expects the shortages to continue through 2024. don't think anything really screwy is going on at Tesla. Demand is rising rapidly and production growth has slowed due to delays in opening the new gigafactories, delays in 4680 battery production, and most importantly due to the chip shortages that are affecting most automakers.

After 111 days with no VIN, and an EDD that was still 6-8 weeks away, I pulled the rip cord and put a deposit down on a new red MYLR5 in stock at the Boise, ID location on Thursday evening. I have the car with a VIN in my account, and I arranged to pick it up on Thursday in Boise. Flights into Boise from Denver are absurdly cheap, as is a hotel room to spend the night outside Salt Lake City with a Tesla destination charger. Plan is to fly into Boise around 10AM, catch an Uber to the dealership, which is only a few miles down the road, pick up the car and head out towards Utah. I'll spend the night there and be home Friday evening.

The only issue I'm trying to work out is paying local sales tax. Idaho has a form that you can fill out to avoid paying it if you are a non-resident taking the vehicle out of state. Tesla doesn't seem to know how to handle this situation off hand, but I have talked to a very nice customer service rep who is working to find out what to do about it. I'm excited to get a car finally, and rid myself of this wait and uncertainty.
Update: I got a phone call from a very helpful customer advisor in Boise who confirmed my appointment time, said they will make sure the car is good to go and charged up so I can hit the road back home. She said they have sold several cars to folks from out of state, so they know how to handle the paperwork so the state tax charge is applied to the state you live in, along with giving you a packet of all the registration papers for your state of residence. As I said to my wife, I feel like Tesla is fully capable of giving you good customer service, but the challenge is getting someone to dedicate their time to helping you out, as they are just swamped with work. The two people I spoke to today were very helpful, so I think everything is set for my little Tesla pickup road trip adventure.

Tesla partners with three banks - chase, us bank, and Wells Fargo. Your assigned financial institution should be displayed in your account. I was initially assigned us bank, but I emailed Tesla to change it to chase.
Our financing was approved through BMO Harris Bank, FWIW. But yes, it's in the Completed Tasks section.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Update: I got a phone call from a very helpful customer advisor in Boise who confirmed my appointment time, said they will make sure the car is good to go and charged up so I can hit the road back home. She said they have sold several cars to folks from out of state, so they know how to handle the paperwork so the state tax charge is applied to the state you live in, along with giving you a packet of all the registration papers for your state of residence. As I said to my wife, I feel like Tesla is fully capable of giving you good customer service, but the challenge is getting someone to dedicate their time to helping you out, as they are just swamped with work. The two people I spoke to today were very helpful, so I think everything is set for my little Tesla pickup road trip adventure.
I went 114 days until I got my VIN and delivery set for Monday. I see lots of people say it's worth the wait and honestly, If I had to do it again I'd place my order then take one from inventory wherever and drive it back home to get it earlier. Waiting sucks and I don't mind a road trip. So my advice is don't wait unless it doesn't bother you otherwise be resourceful and get on earlier.

After 111 days with no VIN, and an EDD that was still 6-8 weeks away, I pulled the rip cord and put a deposit down on a new red MYLR5 in stock at the Boise, ID location on Thursday evening. I have the car with a VIN in my account, and I arranged to pick it up on Thursday in Boise. Flights into Boise from Denver are absurdly cheap, as is a hotel room to spend the night outside Salt Lake City with a Tesla destination charger. Plan is to fly into Boise around 10AM, catch an Uber to the dealership, which is only a few miles down the road, pick up the car and head out towards Utah. I'll spend the night there and be home Friday evening.

The only issue I'm trying to work out is paying local sales tax. Idaho has a form that you can fill out to avoid paying it if you are a non-resident taking the vehicle out of state. Tesla doesn't seem to know how to handle this situation off hand, but I have talked to a very nice customer service rep who is working to find out what to do about it. I'm excited to get a car finally, and rid myself of this wait and uncertainty.
Now this, my friend, is true commitment. Ways to go for a Tesla! Totally worth it.

Quick update on my part and major shoutout to my SA and folks at the Carlsbad delivery center.

I wasn't really planning a trade-in as I was looking to sell the car for more $$$. Still I randomly incognito quoted Tesla for my trade-in on Thursday, three days before delivery and got a great quote back, just a few bucks shy of the best offer I had from CarMax. But CarMax route involved selling the car asap to get the check and clear it with my bank before delivery (we are right before the weekend, mind you), some short term rental shenanigans, annoying logistics, all that jazz. A hassle, if you will.

I ask the SA if it is cool to still add a trade-in at this point. He was real with me and told to better kick it off right now and they will do their best to handle it. Low and behold, he stayed on top of an urgent order change and the trade-in with full net value after my payoff amount got added Saturday morning, all documents in place, zero hassle and tomorrow I just switch cars at Tesla.

If Tesla needs credit for customer service, this is the one. I wish everyone had experience like that. Let's see if they keep it up at the actual delivery tomorrow!

I brought a cashiers check with me, payable to Tesla Inc. That was one of the options when I spoke with the delivery person. I wanted to inspect the car before sending them money.
I'm wanting to do this, but my brother isn't listening. He's like "They said 24 hours prior" I'll have him call and ask if payment can be done once inspected by us as well.
I'm sort of in the same boat. My car leaves Freemont tomorrow morning for Portland, OR. Tesla told me today that my delivery appt for Monday from 12-4 is on the books but may be tight and they'll call Sunday to see I can take delivery later than 4 or push it to Tuesday of the car arrives later and they'll need time to inspect and detail before I get it.
Same thing they told him too. Grrr. Sucks lol.
At least the two of you are getting your Teslas in a few days...... 🤗

Quick update on my part and major shoutout to my SA and folks at the Carlsbad delivery center.

I wasn't really planning a trade-in as I was looking to sell the car for more $$$. Still I randomly incognito quoted Tesla for my trade-in on Thursday, three days before delivery and got a great quote back, just a few bucks shy of the best offer I had from CarMax. But CarMax route involved selling the car asap to get the check and clear it with my bank before delivery (we are right before the weekend, mind you), some short term rental shenanigans, annoying logistics, all that jazz. A hassle, if you will.

I ask the SA if it is cool to still add a trade-in at this point. He was real with me and told to better kick it off right now and they will do their best to handle it. Low and behold, he stayed on top of an urgent order change and the trade-in with full net value after my payoff amount got added Saturday morning, all documents in place, zero hassle and tomorrow I just switch cars at Tesla.

If Tesla needs credit for customer service, this is the one. I wish everyone had experience like that. Let's see if they keep it up at the actual delivery tomorrow!
Care to share what your trade in was and what was offered (ballpark) by the various companies? Wanting to do this to make it easy when I get my MY LR and get rid of my SR+ M3 but Tesla has been really lowballing on Tesla trade ins compared to the market value.

Reactions: ZeeMike and TatisJr
Happy Sunday, all!

I had a dream that would just get the world's biggest eye roll from the missus but you are here for my obsession. Always ❤️. It was delivery day! So pumped. I noticed my VIN had an N designator, so a 2022 model (interestingly specific detail to note in a dream). VIN was also 000006. What a baby! Brought the whole family with me, which in my dream was somehow several families worth of people despite that not being realistic. We all somehow drove in MYs to the DC. When we got there I suddenly felt very tired so I took a nap and told my family to take care of the delivery process. Wut? After all this time I'm too tired? Anyway, the next thing I know we're all driving home and loving the car. It's amazing as everyone says. I look in the back seat and see my nieces (despite only having one) playing joyfully in the third row. Brothers and sister in law somehow all in the second row and taking it all in. I do a full hard pulls and they're all giggling from the sensation. It's awesome!

Wait...3rd row!? I didn't order a 3rd row! IS THIS THE RIGHT CAR? I stop the car and get out, checking the VIN. 000019! Oh no! I turn around and start back for the DC to correct the mistake. We get there, talk to Tesla, and they take back the car. Except only then do they tell me they already sold my actual car! $#!+, now what? Now, they say, laughing maniacally, you're at the back of the line. EDD, AUGUST 2022! Noooooooo!!! 😩

Woke up, checked EDD. Holding steady for the last two weeks. 11/30-12/20. Tic toc tic toc.