Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wasn’t aware we were supposed to upload insurance info also? Thought that was to be done only when we get the VIN? Is everyone uploading insurance information without getting VIN? My EDD is Nov 7-27
Proof of insurance is required to take delivery, and must be valid for the next 60-90 days. If you're registering in these 12 states, insurance can be provided for an existing car. In all other states, insurance must be provided for the Model Y.
  • Arizona
  • California
  • Hawaii
  • Illinois
  • Indiana
  • Maryland
  • Minnesota
  • Ohio
  • Oregon
  • Tennessee
  • Virginia
  • Washington

They don’t need to but rest of us once our orders are matched to VINs.

Last edited:
I wasn’t aware we were supposed to upload insurance info also? Thought that was to be done only when we get the VIN? Is everyone uploading insurance information without getting VIN? My EDD is Nov 7-27

Proof of insurance is required to take delivery, and must be valid for the next 60-90 days. If you're registering in these 12 states, insurance can be provided for an existing car. In all other states, insurance must be provided for the Model Y.
  • Arizona
  • California
  • Hawaii
  • Illinois
  • Indiana
  • Maryland
  • Minnesota
  • Ohio
  • Oregon
  • Tennessee
  • Virginia
  • Washington

@Oldguywaits umm I guess what @chand said? Lol idk, everything about this wait process has been way too much of a guessing game tbh. I have seen ppl say that some states (the ones not mentioned in that list) require a VIN to be able to show a valid proof of insurance, so there’s most likely some truth to this…. in some way.

How do these posts relate to current delivery times? I am sure if you search the forum you may find the answers to your questions regarding seats, and software updates and other themes unrelated to current delivery times.
Because it’s a free country!! you did miss the “job interview”, “Peloton bikes”, another “Post Police” guy like you posts though … you don’t like it? too bad!

@Oldguywaits umm I guess what @chand said? Lol idk, everything about this wait process has been way too much of a guessing game tbh. I have seen ppl say that some states (the ones not mentioned in that list) require a VIN to be able to show a valid proof of insurance, so there’s most likely some truth to this…. in some way.
Mine is PA which is a state where the VIN should be listed in the insurance. So I assuming I am ok not providing proof of insurance before they give the VIN. Once I get the VIN it will just be a call and I can add it to my current geico package and provide proof. I just emailed my SA to confirm. Hopefully this doesn’t show up as “incomplete profile”

• Arizona
  • California
  • Hawaii
  • Illinois
  • Indiana
  • Maryland
  • Minnesota
  • Ohio
  • Oregon
  • Tennessee
  • Virginia
  • Washington

Yes saw that. Under the Insurance it says “Your Tesla VIN must be listed on your policy in all but these states”.
So since mine is PA it means the VIN should be listed on the insurance. I don’t have VIN :cool:
Anybody from PA who uploaded insurance before getting VIN#?

Whenever people try and keep us on track I think of TMC as the Red Coats and this thread as the colonies.

Red Coats: hey you can't do that in here! We have rules!
Us: psh you can't control us! We do what we want! Look at all this LIBERTY!
Was trying to be helpful. Now that I know this is group therapy, have at it.

Reactions: BitJam
Mine is PA which is a state where the VIN should be listed in the insurance. So I assuming I am ok not providing proof of insurance before they give the VIN. Once I get the VIN it will just be a call and I can add it to my current geico package and provide proof. I just emailed my SA to confirm. Hopefully this doesn’t show up as “incomplete profile”
Yeah I’m hoping you’re good too bc you’re about 2 1/2 months in like me! Pretty sure you’ll be fine tho. The ambiguity around this whole process just sucks big time.

The service center near me had a mad rush of deliveries ready each morning in mid-September, but this week it’s been a ghost town. Wonder if they just avoid shipping cars east at the end of quarter or if the factory has just slowed production again 😬

Yeah - basically you need to use seatbelt extenders. Maybe tesla was going for a flush look by keeping the buckles in the seat but I don't think they thought of all the scenarios there.
I’m so glad the car comes with all four wheels and a steering wheel as well. The extras required on this car is just bananas… 😂😂

Incidentally IF delivery goes ahead smoothly tomorrow, I will be in a position to cancel my original MNS order with current EDD of 10/18-11/7. I recall reading something about being able to transfer a VIN when received. I'd rather wait for VIN and offer someone here the chance to get something earlier than expected as opposed to it going out to any random person. Does anyone know if this is possible and if so how?