Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m so glad the car comes with all four wheels and a steering wheel as well. The extras required on this car is just bananas… 😂😂
It's crazy. I was thinking yesterday while installing all weather floor mats, that I've never had to buy so much extras for a car before. I always make it standard as part of the bargaining that all weather floor mats must be included in my previous buys and with my wife's last car, I even added window tinting too.
Tesla was smart not to have typical dealership setup where you can negotiate with sales people. This is the price, take it or leave it. We're not giving you jack as extra. It's a good business opportunity for independent accessory makers no doubt but I'm beginning to wonder when will all the extra buying end. lol.

My wife is tired. Every other day is a new box from Amazon and me showing her what new accessory I got for her car. Every time she's like no, no more buying and I go, err yeah, you need these.
Now I have to re-buy everything when my own gets delivered.

Do tell…I used an old school garage door opener in my M3. Have been thinking about homelink for my MYLR. I have a myQ enabled opener and the myQ app on my iPhone.
I added simple commands app(free), linked myq to it, then created an open and close routine, added those as shortcuts linked directly to the api so i can use siri to open and close for certain in the car. This helps me a bit better than the myq app that lags all the dang time.
But theres also a location proximity sensor that will trigger an open event in the simple commands app also, i just havent tested it in my MY yet... but I pick it up today, so stay tuned!!

Today is the day that my car is supposed to arrive ahead of delivery tomorrow. I got an automated call this morning to confirm delivery but I doubt that it is related so early in the morning. Already had a 6 day delay due to transport so fingers crossed... 🤞
You never know. I was told sometimes, if the car gets there early in the day, they can still schedule delivery for same day. When ours was delayed on the truck, they called a couple days before the original DC delivery date so if they haven't called, it just may be happening.

Yes saw that. Under the Insurance it says “Your Tesla VIN must be listed on your policy in all but these states”.
So since mine is PA it means the VIN should be listed on the insurance. I don’t have VIN :cool:
Anybody from PA who uploaded insurance before getting VIN#?
I actually uploaded my insurance for the car I am planning to trade in out of paranoia. My plan was to replace it with the VINed insurance card when I got the VIN. It's easy to replace it. All that said, my SA out of Devon, PA said that my profile was complete without having the insurance card.

Reactions: Oldguywaits
Yeah I’m hoping you’re good too bc you’re about 2 1/2 months in like me! Pretty sure you’ll be fine tho. The ambiguity around this whole process just sucks big time.

7 years! 7 flipping years ago I was in the middle of my 104 day wait for a Model S (August order, December delivery.) 7 years ago the process was ambiguous, confusing and kinda sucky. 7 years ago I did not have a large group of experienced owners to talk through the process with. Fortunately, I had a small group of owners generous with their time and knowledge because Tesla - then like now - were terrible at communicating anything relating to the process.

I actually uploaded my insurance for the car I am planning to trade in out of paranoia. My plan was to replace it with the VINed insurance card when I got the VIN. It's easy to replace it. All that said, my SA out of Devon, PA said that my profile was complete without having the insurance card.
Hi, Philly friend! (If you're actually in the suburbs change your dang profile...)

I had someone from the KOP store say my profile was complete too and I uploaded no insurance card. I don't have an assigned SA, but I'll be picking up in Devon too. Can you DM me your SA's name?

It's crazy. I was thinking yesterday while installing all weather floor mats, that I've never had to buy so much extras for a car before. I always make it standard as part of the bargaining that all weather floor mats must be included in my previous buys and with my wife's last car, I even added window tinting too.
Tesla was smart not to have typical dealership setup where you can negotiate with sales people. This is the price, take it or leave it. We're not giving you jack as extra. It's a good business opportunity for independent accessory makers no doubt but I'm beginning to wonder when will all the extra buying end. lol.

My wife is tired. Every other day is a new box from Amazon and me showing her what new accessory I got for her car. Every time she's like no, no more buying and I go, err yeah, you need these.
Now I have to re-buy everything when my own gets delivered.
Ha ha ha.....this is the EXACT same response my wife gives. She keeps saying she is tired of the boxes at our door. I have tried to get home before her (just hardly ever happens) so I can slip the accessory in her car without her realizing it. She is going to be really upset when my MYLR gets here.

Ha ha ha.....this is the EXACT same response my wife gives. She keeps saying she is tired of the boxes at our door. I have tried to get home before her (just hardly ever happens) so I can slip the accessory in her car without her realizing it. She is going to be really upset when my MYLR gets here.
I tried that too. One time, she put the box that had the J1722 adapter lock in the box pile meant for recycle. That's what I get for trying to order things under the radar. I had to explain what that lock was and why it was important. Luckily we had tried a ChargePoint charger a couple days before so it was a good reference point. Of course next question is always "how much did this cost?".

Oh the new recurring question now is "are you on the tesla forum again?", every time she walks by and I'm on my phone.

Should we be talking about these things here? It's not related to delivery or is it???

7 years! 7 flipping years ago I was in the middle of my 104 day wait for a Model S (August order, December delivery.) 7 years ago the process was ambiguous, confusing and kinda sucky. 7 years ago I did not have a large group of experienced owners to talk through the process with. Fortunately, I had a small group of owners generous with their time and knowledge because Tesla - then like now - were terrible at communicating anything relating to the process.
Little to no communication improvement in 7 years… sheesh. Seems like they know their cars are in high demand and don’t care to prioritize this aspect of the order process much.

Reactions: BitJam
I tried that too. One time, she put the box that had the J1722 adapter lock in the box pile meant for recycle. That's what I get for trying to order things under the radar. I had to explain what that lock was and why it was important. Luckily we had tried a ChargePoint charger a couple days before so it was a good reference point. Of course next question is always "how much did this cost?".

Oh the new recurring question now is "are you on the tesla forum again?", every time she walks by and I'm on my phone.

Should we be talking about these things here? It's not related to delivery or is it???
Streams of consciousness, and therapy....this is what is needed.

Reactions: BitJam
EDD Still Nov 24 - Dec 14. Hasn't changed in 4 weeks.

May 14th order.

It worked for Iamlukewang so what the hell... Inner peace...
This is insane! Come on Tesla.

@iamlukewang's profile was touched midway when he changed from lease to loan I believe. I remember @PhillyGal had mentioned about her profile looked complete but no, there was something missing which she got fixed after contacting Tesla.

Incidentally IF delivery goes ahead smoothly tomorrow, I will be in a position to cancel my original MNS order with current EDD of 10/18-11/7. I recall reading something about being able to transfer a VIN when received. I'd rather wait for VIN and offer someone here the chance to get something earlier than expected as opposed to it going out to any random person. Does anyone know if this is possible and if so how?
If it's an immediate family member, they should be able to do it. Directly transferring to someone else outside of immediate family is very challenging. They pretty much treat the transfer as a major order change with updated pricing. If I recall correctly, a month or two ago someone wanted to sell their VIN to another buyer, which sounds not only unethical, but even murkier than the standard ordering process, which is confusing enough as it is.

If you decline delivery, a Tesla DS will most likely rematch it to someone else with the same order, or it'll get thrown out to inventory where some lucky bastard will buy it within 90 seconds of it showing up on the site.

It was just my wife's birthday and so I just told her she shouldn't ask questions about such packages arriving. Fortunately she has a short term memory and didn't get suspicious when her actual number of presents was much lower. Hopefully I can continue the scheme with Christmas.

EDD Still Nov 24 - Dec 14. Hasn't changed in 4 weeks.

May 14th order.

It worked for Iamlukewang so what the hell... Inner peace...
Wow definitely the oldest order now that I’ve seen. I shall join you in Inner Peace . OD and profile completed 6/15 and checked with Tesla to make sure everything is good and they said all good to go.

Reactions: Spelly88