Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have identified a few trends in this thread that may be helpful to you:

1) The initial delivery estimate that Tesla had on the build page the day you placed your order seems to be reliable. I ordered 7/7, Tesla’s estimate at the time was “September” and I took delivery on 9/22, so they were correct in my case. My brother in-law ordered 7/25 (using the same delivery center) and the estimate by that point was already November. He is still vinless and waiting

2) Geographic region does matter. I’m assuming you’re in FL from your title? If so, we’ve typically seen the East Coast get a bunch of deliveries during the second month of the quarter, so I’d guess November again

3) Some colors and features seem to be more rare. Red and MSM appear to be produced very infrequently. Also, white interior appear to be a bit slower than black and 7 seaters seem to take forever. If you want to share your build details, I’m sure there’s at least someone on here who has a similar build and can share their experience. If nothing else, you’ll feel like you’re not the only one.

4) The date when your profile was totally completed seems to be your “official” order date. If you’ve made any changes to the initial order, that can reset your place in the queue. “Changes” include any of the build specs, and also adding/removing a trade vehicle.

This thread is full of knowledge and it’s really like a little community. It’s fun to make “friends” with users you get to know and to be able to cheer for them and celebrate when they get their VINs and cars. Our MY is our first Tesla and I learned so much about it from this thread. I also feel like if I was doing a big road trip in the MY, I could say that on here and get tons of recommendations for places to see, eat, and charge from the members, which I think is really cool 😍 good luck with your wait!
MYLR5/White/19"/no tow/no FSD/ ODD May 10
Removed hold on July 25 EDD has change many times but it has stay at 11/12 to 12/2 for about 2 weeks. I was hoping to get my car a lot sooner since I order in May! I will like to change my car color to DBM and maybe get the induction wheels but I am guessing it will delay my order even more. 🤔

Friends, my delivery is moved up 24 hours to tomorrow (9/29)! It’s a home delivery due to end of quarter massive numbers of deliveries and not enough space at the Carlsbad Tesla location. Photos to follow!

Everyone needs to prepare for their big day, as well. Watching YouTube videos and stocking up on accessories helped me make it through the crazy long waiting time. This forum has been a fantastic support group for me, too!
That is great! I am in SD area also and they didn't offer home delivery for my model 3 - are you close the the service center in Carlsbad? I am wondering if I cant take home delivery because i am closer to downtown.

Reactions: JeffSanDiego
MYLR5/White/19"/no tow/no FSD/ ODD May 10
Removed hold on July 25 EDD has change many times but it has stay at 11/12 to 12/2 for about 2 weeks. I was hoping to get my car a lot sooner since I order in May! I will like to change my car color to DBM and maybe get the induction wheels but I am guessing it will delay my order even more. 🤔
Yep, unfortunately you’re actually a late July order as the order is actually placed when you removed the hold, which lines up with the November estimate.

If you want to make changes, my advice would be to keep your initial order in the queue and then place a second order with the changes. That way, if you get lucky and the second order comes super fast for some reason, you’re only out $100.

You could also keep an eye out for an inventory car that’s a match for the choices you’d like. Just search zip codes that are close for you. We searched the zip codes that were a direct flight for us and within 6 hours drive back home. Good luck!

Yep, unfortunately you’re actually a late July order as the order is actually placed when you removed the hold, which lines up with the November estimate.

If you want to make changes, my advice would be to keep your initial order in the queue and then place a second order with the changes. That way, if you get lucky and the second order comes super fast for some reason, you’re only out $100.

You could also keep an eye out for an inventory car that’s a match for the choices you’d like. Just search zip codes that are close for you. We searched the zip codes that were a direct flight for us and within 6 hours drive back home. Good luck!
The new order fee is $250 now, but everything else is spot on!

Thanks for the advice; I asked a SA if I could change only the wheels on my current order and was told they will increase my price by almost $5,000 since I order my car when the price was $51,500. That is crazy!!!

Thanks for the advice; I asked a SA if I could change only the wheels on my current order and was told they will increase my price by almost $5,000 since I order my car when the price was $51,500. That is crazy!!!
That was my same battle. My better half "ordered" this Y a year and a half ago the way he would want it. White on white, bigger wheels. I would have wanted black interior, smaller wheels and a tow hitch. I was told no dice or we'd lose the earlier pricing and forfeit any alleged line jumping due to the earlier order date. (The line jumping part turned out to be untrue, as we were placed right in line based on order completion.)

That was my same battle. My better half "ordered" this Y a year and a half ago the way he would want it. White on white, bigger wheels. I would have wanted black interior, smaller wheels and a tow hitch. I was told no dice or we'd lose the earlier pricing and forfeit any alleged line jumping due to the earlier order date. (The line jumping part turned out to be untrue, as we were placed right in line based on order completion.)
Wow if that is true I am willing to pay the extra money for the blue color which is about $3,500 due to my early price, I just don't want to be send to the end of the queue. I will ask my SA if I keep my position in the queue if I make changes to my order. Thanks for the info!

Wow if that is true I am willing to pay the extra money for the blue color which is about $3,500 due to my early price, I just don't want to be send to the end of the queue. I will ask my SA if I keep my position in the queue if I make changes to my order. Thanks for the info!
It'll send you to the back. We've had people here with early May order dates wondering why they haven't gotten their MY only to later reveal they changed an option a month and a half later and that ended up pushing back their delivery compared to others who ordered at the same time and kept their original order details the same.

Looks like BMW has released a fleet of iX 50i's to journalists for reviews, the reviews are hitting youtube.

Most viewed is the carwow review, I typically like the carwow reviews but this one felt sponsored by BMW like they gagged him from negatively reviewing it.

All in all, I am happy I went with the MY over the iX for a number of reasons: no frunk, bucktooth grill sticker (that's what it is according to the review), range and acceleration don't equate to an improvement over the MY for the money.

Video for anyone interested:

Reactions: DZMY and PatrickTM
So I'm still stuck at 10/17-11/6, but I'm hit with a conundrum. The MYLR is replacing my 2018 Highlander, which I had been getting sale price estimates from CarMax for $36k-$38k depending on the week. Tesla's trade in estimates have fluctuated between $32k-$34k. However, when I checked CarMax just now, the estimate is up to $42k, which seems kind of nuts given I bought the car for around $46k and have put 20k miles on it 🤷‍♂️. I'm not sure if CarMax is good about honoring the estimates they give online, but I'm almost tempted to sell and rent a sedan for a month or so, which looks like it'll cost ~$1200.

Dilemma here is the very likely scenario of my EDD getting continuously pushed and having to spend more and more on rentals 😭
Okay - waiting for the CarMax appraiser to finish up. Let’s see if they honor this absurdly high offer…*tense*😬

I am still following this thread and checking on you guys to celebrate all the deliveries! You're a bunch of awesome people that made my wait so much more manageable.

Update from me after 3 days of ownership:

Tesla is an addiction.

I want to drive it everywhere. Sure we have enough milk? Can just hop to the grocery store. Any plants to get from the nursery? Not? Uhm, maybe just want some fries from McDs? I can totally go like RIGHT NOW.

Love, love, LOVE this car.