Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think Tesla put some kind of limitation on holds compared to indefinitely placing an on hold it maybe for a 3-6 month period if I remember it being discussed before on here. You may want to ask your SA how long you can place your order on hold for. I refi'd my home mortgage in the middle of my MY order wait, luckily the timing all worked out.
We just closed on a refi yesterday, can't beat the rates right now. Luckily the Tesla credit application didn't re-pull while waiting for underwriter approval - I haven't switched to cash yet. The lender asked us if the original hard pull resulted in a loan, we answered no, and that was that.

Last edited:
I'm brand new to site, just ordered my Model 3 LR 2weeks ago. Currently my ESD is 11/1-11/21. Hopefully I am doing everything correct, I selected cash as how I am purchasing. This is what my lender NFCU advised, & they already sent me the check for the purchase. My other question is INS. I don't want to get ins 2 months in advance, but is not getting it yet holding me up?

I'm brand new to site, just ordered my Model 3 LR 2weeks ago. Currently my ESD is 11/1-11/21. Hopefully I am doing everything correct, I selected cash as how I am purchasing. This is what my lender NFCU advised, & they already sent me the check for the purchase. My other question is INS. I don't want to get ins 2 months in advance, but is not getting it yet holding me up?
Welcome! But this is the Model Y part of the forum, so you might not find it super informative. Check out the Model 3 area: Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery

EDD updated this AM. From 10/14 to 11/2 to 10/1 to 10/14 soooooo maybe in two weeks we will have a MYLR in our garage.
Well That was just this morning!
I just got am email to make final payment! Checked my account and have VIN 282XXX. EDD 9/29-9/30. No agreements yet just final amount due. Paying with Cashiers check so waiting to find out where to go to pickup? Burbank? Agoura? Home delivery? Will see what shakes out

You didn't get the blue button first? I had to confirm the Tesla Vision thing and only after that I was able to see my VIN in the account.
We did not get the blue button until a few days after our VIN showed up in the account. It’s odd that every order seems to have a different experience!!

Edit to add: I’m actually not even certain it was the real “blue button” in our case. We knew we were getting Tesla Vision from order, so I don’t think it was that. Ours just said proceed to delivery or something to that effect. After I pressed it, we were prompted to re-apply for financing as our initial offer had expired.

Last edited:
Reactions: PatrickTM
We just closed on a refi yesterday, can't beat the rates right now. Luckily the Tesla credit application didn't re-pull while waiting for underwriter approval - I haven't switched to cash yet. The lender asked us if the original hard pull resulted in a loan, we answered no, and that was that.
We’re just about to the end of our Refi that we started back in August, and took delivery of our MY last week. I told Wells Fargo that we were buying the car the day I applied and made sure they factored it into our Debt/Income Ratio so there were no surprises though. Luckily even with the car loan we were only at 19% D/I so plenty of wiggle room to make both happen.

Middle Tennessee, closing on refi in 2 weeks. Did cash for this specific reason.

Reactions: boingolover
While I still wait for Oct 1-20 EDD to push .... Slight off topic for a Model Y thread .... but holy cow !!!

Amazed that that Plaid already has a huge ding on the front 😬

But seriously, I love how much quieter the Plaid is while destroying the McLaren. These are always fun to watch, but I’d love to see more Tesla races on zig-zagging courses rather than off the line.

@ajs847 love your new profile photo!! Your little pupper has SO much room in the MY!! 😍 it’s like a pet bedroom back there lol!
haha yep as soon as we got our MY home we had to make sure it was Bella approved. She took to the backseat well! One of the things she loved to do in my BMW x3 was lay along our arm rest between the front two seats while road tripping so I had to make sure the arm rest in our next car was as big or bigger than the x3's!

here she is enjoying the backseat!

IMG_6640.jpg

Well That was just this morning!
I just got am email to make final payment! Checked my account and have VIN 282XXX. EDD 9/29-9/30. No agreements yet just final amount due. Paying with Cashiers check so waiting to find out where to go to pickup? Burbank? Agoura? Home delivery? Will see what shakes out
Wooooo congrats!!! So envious! I ordered just a few days before you and have the same config (but with FSD). Cross your fingers for me, friend!

Reactions: morpheus2969
OK, I think Tesla is on a fishing expedition. Like I said before I checked my EDD this morning and it was 10/14-11/4. Then two hours ago I get an email saying to make full payment from my bank account to Tesla, and in my account page my EDD went to 9/29-9/30 and there is a Vin assigned.
I am paying by cashiers check in person. So far I have not heard from anyone by any means about where to go to pickup the car or if it is being delivered. I guess if I don't give them my bank info and they can't suck the money out right away to make the EOQ sale I will probably get another Vin and a later EDD. Who knows with these guys.
I mean really, drop everything, go to the bank and get the cashiers check and possibly drive 50 miles to the delivery center by some arbitrary time.