Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hadn't heard about the lower SuC rate for 82kWh packs. Just did some research and it looks like the new 82 packs have about a 25% lower average charge rate according to this 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD With 82 kWh Battery: Charging Analysis
View attachment 716874

A bit of a bummer that even the peak 250kw rate is held for much less time too since I normally rely on this by getting to SuC at very low SoC.
wow that's so sad.... wonder what's causing worse performance in the new packs :(

I ordered the MY7 floor and cargo mats from Weathertech. They look good on my garage floor, but will look much better in my MY when I get it.
We LOVE our weathertechs!!! I dumped an entire cup of coffee in my old car (pure stupidity on my part), but I just pulled the mat out, dumped it out, and not a drop got on the carpets!! Sold for life, especially with a kiddo lol

Reactions: PatrickTM
We did not receive either on our Colorado MY
I picked up my red LR AWD in Boise, ID yesterday, and lo and behold it came with front mudflaps and PPF on the rear doors. Bonus!

I had a great experience with the staff in Boise, the car was in excellent condition, only the most minor panel alignment issues, probably not worth even mentioning or seeking to fix. There was a small smudge on one interior A pillar, but almost completely wiped away with my finger. Turns out the car was ordered by someone who could not take delivery due to having to go out of country for a funeral. Major bummer for them, I almost feel bad taking their car, almost. Made the ~900 mile drive home with no problems charging. I did have some phantom braking issues a few times using TACC and/or auto-steer, but I think each one was the cameras getting confused about awful lane markers, construction zones, or just general crappy pavement state. It did get a bit pissy on a two-lane road about oncoming cars, but I know that is a common issue. At any rate, I did not buy it for autopilot, and I only used it for maybe ~200 miles on the way home. I honestly like driving, and this car drives really well. I'm thrilled with it, and glad to finally have the car sitting pretty in my garage. Bonus picture from my first ever supercharger visit:

IMG_1019.jpeg

I picked up my red LR AWD in Boise, ID yesterday, and lo and behold it came with front mudflaps and PPF on the rear doors. Bonus!

I had a great experience with the staff in Boise, the car was in excellent condition, only the most minor panel alignment issues, probably not worth even mentioning or seeking to fix. There was a small smudge on one interior A pillar, but almost completely wiped away with my finger. Turns out the car was ordered by someone who could not take delivery due to having to go out of country for a funeral. Major bummer for them, I almost feel bad taking their car, almost. Made the ~900 mile drive home with no problems charging. I did have some phantom braking issues a few times using TACC and/or auto-steer, but I think each one was the cameras getting confused about awful lane markers, construction zones, or just general crappy pavement state. It did get a bit pissy on a two-lane road about oncoming cars, but I know that is a common issue. At any rate, I did not buy it for autopilot, and I only used it for maybe ~200 miles on the way home. I honestly like driving, and this car drives really well. I'm thrilled with it, and glad to finally have the car sitting pretty in my garage. Bonus picture from my first ever supercharger visit:

View attachment 716918
Ahhhh!! I’m so happy you finally got your car!!! It’s beautiful! Congratulations!!

View attachment 716918
Wow, that red looks amazing!

We're watching you guys 👀

In all seriousness, I personally welcome criticism -- it helps me improve! While I can't control everyone's experiences, I can certainly do my best to serve my customers to the best of my ability. 👍
Wow, so west coast buyers get an SA that posts on user forums. Here in Nashville I don't even get an SA!

View attachment 716918
Beautiful ride…Congrats!!!

Reactions: BTVev and OB1Kenobi

View attachment 716918
dumb q but... how do you know if there's PPF installed when I get my Y?

Think of it like a screen protector for your paint, if you can spot one on your phone you’ll see the PPF the oem would apply. It’s a triangular piece just before the rear wheels on the side panel… you can’t miss it. Applying PPF aftermarket is a bit different as it wraps around each panel and is a bit tougher to spot, so that’s a different story.

I hadn't heard about the lower SuC rate for 82kWh packs. Just did some research and it looks like the new 82 packs have about a 25% lower average charge rate according to this 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD With 82 kWh Battery: Charging Analysis
View attachment 716874

A bit of a bummer that even the peak 250kw rate is held for much less time too since I normally rely on this by getting to SuC at very low SoC.
There’s some rumors that Tesla will turn up the charging curve, once they have more data to validate safety and longevity concerns. That’s what they’ve done previously when introducing new packs. Unfortunately it’s been like 18 months or so since the 82 kWh packs have first been out on Model 3, and they still have not turned it up via sw. So maybe that is not likely to happen.

Then there rumors that these new packs will never have as good speeds because of reduced cobalt in the cell composition. Oh well. But! Despite slower charging they’re still insanely fast road tripping cars due to large capacity and low consumption…even if the charging curve lags behind the Germans (and the new Hyundai/Kia offerings).

Last edited:
Wow, so west coast buyers get an SA that posts on user forums. Here in Nashville I don't even get an SA!
Haha, I think Brentwood is having some struggles 😬 they “couldn’t find” the car we were supposed to test drive, so they just gave us one they pulled off the truck. It didn’t even have a demo plate on it 😂🤷🏻‍♀️😂

Not dumb at all!! I feel like if you wonder about anything MY, this thread is the place to ask!! This photo shows the little “shark fin” on the rear door—this is a rendering, it’s not that obvious in person, but you can tell it is (or isn’t) there. I’ve also seen it done in black vinyl on a red MY as an accent.
49148940-B368-4B24-AF6D-46A8D2B7E533.jpeg

There’s some rumors that Tesla will turn up the charging curve, once they have more data to validate safety and longevity concerns. That’s what they’ve done previously when introducing new packs. Unfortunately it’s been like 18 months or so since they’ve first been out on Model 3, and they still have not done so. So maybe that is not like.

Then there rumors that these new packs will never have as good speeds because if reduced cobalt in the cell composition. Oh well, despite slower charging they’re still insanely fast road tripping cars due to large capacity and low consumption even if the charging curve lags behind the Germans (and the new Hyundai/Kia offerings).
Right, I would've expected Tesla to update the 82kWh packs charging curve by now.

While those more informed are able to take advantage of the peak charge rate you can achieve by coming in at low SoC, I still think having a higher avg charge rate is way more user-friendly for new EV drivers. It requires less planning and would eliminate the risk of people trying to arrive with low SoC. Also, when you do need to charge to high SoC before heading to remote areas, like I do often, it can be painfully slow for the last ~20%. Admittedly, that is a bit of an edge case but I wonder if Tesla will ever adjust their charge rate philosophy when EV's become more mainstream.

Tesla is actually offering a decent trade-in price for my truck… unfortunately with my delivery still in Dec it doesnt make much sense to add it to my order right now. Tesla’s price matched the KBB instant offer price exactly, which means it’s technically 7% higher due to the sales tax savings. (Carvana and Vroom are both low) Hopefully the value holds as it’s been all over the map in the last few months. Slightly concerned about the payment, it’ll be double what I’m paying today o_O but I’m trusting all you vinners who say it’s worth it!! Thought about listing it to see what I can get but I’m not too thrilled about dealing with people, haha.
We were spending about $250/month on gas for my Acadia (aka Mom taxi for gymnastics and swimming lessons 😂). Once we factored that in along with the payment on it, the MY really wasn’t that much more. If you drive your truck a decent amount, I bet you’d see similar numbers. The MY is SO worth it!!

Whenever that part gets updated, you will for sure see it posted here first, from new owner delivery photos. They usually update the website a month or two after the change rolls out.
Oh I’m sure that’s true. After all the configurator still says the center console comes with a “folding privacy shield to cover your phones” ;)

• Funny
@Dreene @aprapos I went ahead and ordered a whole bunch of stuff from Teslashields! Thank you for the recommendation, although my wallet certainly doesn't like that 😜
I think I did get a good deal though since Tesmanian didn't have a 7 seater bundle and ordering separately was costing about the same, but I got a few extras and mudflaps for the same cost over at Teslashields!

I ordered the MY7 floor and cargo mats from Weathertech. They look good on my garage floor, but will look much better in my MY when I get it.
You know what....the Weathertech HQ and factory isn't far from me. I should go there and check them out.
Used to be 5 minutes from me, and 20 now that I moved.