Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agree it’s frustrating. The cost-optimization of cross country supply chain logistics just doesn’t lend well to fairness here.
Its not supply chain. Most frustrating part is I have seen them delivering same configuration car to people in California or near by state to meet their Q3 Quota. Which is absolutely ridiculous and unfair. Basically delivering car to people who order later just so they don't have to ship the car to East coast or somewhere else.

Well, after 3-1/2 weeks of no EDD movement, my EDD just updated to... April. Not the update I was hoping for. What are we calling this? April Fool's? I liked Oktoberfest a lot better. At least there was beer. :rolleyes:
This has got to be April Fool's....for you and all of us behind you. I am looking at all of the July people hoping to see VINs...shooting back from October to December to April is not the update anyone wants to see...

Reactions: SuperchargEDD
Not sure if this is common knowledge around here, so I thought I would share my personal anecdote.

TL:DR - Changing my exterior and interior colors did not change my EDD.

I ordered a blue with black interior MYLR on 7/26. I had an EDD which was showing 11/1-11/21 starting around early September.

On 9/18 I went to a Tesla store and updated my color configuration (at the request of my wife) to grey exterior with a white interior. Since making the change my EDD has not fluctuated at all.

Tesla might have figured out a way to deliver faster in TX now that they got a factory here, earlier there were theories like the cars from Austin plant need to be shipped out of the state and then bring them back in, stupid theory but it was based on old rules that favor dealers. Well, back in 2012, dealers had a point, if Tesla fails as a company, closes shops and disappears from everywhere, dealers will still be there to service, repair the cars. Well, Tesla proved them wrong, Tesla is too strong now, old rules are bound to be twisted.

I believe they are not waiting for the payment anymore for shipping, it gets complicated and may cause unnecessary delays. They can probably ship to local service centers whenever, which could be legal and switch the ownership once customer is done with online payment.

@Ayaz , now that you have your VIN, can you please check where is your car ? Just to test this theory.

Reactions: PatrickTM and Ayaz
So here we go again... the EDD has changed to 10/06 - 10/23. No VIN.

I contacted my local butcher to see how much a live chicken is these days. I figure the only thing I have not done was a live sacrifice. So if anyone knows where I can get a deal on an alter I would appreciate it,,,

btw, does a sacrifice need to be done during a full moon or is that just werewolves? So much to keep track of!
Moon doesn’t matter. You just have to drink the chicken blood with a gold chalice.

Its not supply chain. Most frustrating part is I have seen them delivering same configuration car to people in California or near by state to meet their Q3 Quota. Which is absolutely ridiculous and unfair. Basically delivering car to people who order later just so they don't have to ship the car to East coast or somewhere else.
It is supply chain, it’s just that the supply chain is being optimized for Tesla’s benefit, not ours 😅

• Funny
Reactions: PatrickTM
Hey @PhillyGal what are your thoughts using FSD for a pretty good length of time?

Reason I ask: for my issues, I finally got the service center to take my car in. They gave me a model 3 p with FSD enabled so I've been testing it out before my purchase. One of the biggest issues I've seen is on a 2 lane road (1 lane each way) with median, and turning Lanes. It seems to ALWAYS try to take me into the turning Lanes

I don't plan to use it full time of course, but it is something that makes it basically unusable on roads around me. Do you mostly use it on highways and do you feel it's better there?

Reactions: PatrickTM
@Ayaz , now that you have your VIN, can you please check where is your car ? Just to test this theory.
I just talked to Tesla CS. They said car is still in Fremont. Getting prepared for ship. Also my Edd updated to oct 15-21. He said it's showing expected arrival in Austin on 17th. Hopefully everything is good with the car when it arrives. 🙂