Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exactly. As I said, it was on and off and just appeared with actual dates for the first time.
If you are looking on a PC, the location for it would be on the right side above the wording "We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration"
I dont see any of that 'reach out to you" wording on my account screens; not on the Next Steps or Completed Tasks or the Overview.

I'm hoping I don't have to wait until EOQ since my EDD is slowly coming up but if it doesn't come before they have demo models I might try to get one overnight.
This is added expense, but my recommendation would be to rent a 2021 model Y via Turo vs. getting a demo unit overnight. The demo unit I got had certain settings locked down (locked to Chill mode, e.g.) which kind of defeated the purpose of "real world" experience (for me). Just a thought.

A day within my EDD of 10/8-10/27, it changed to 10/21-11/17. It sucks. When I placed my order it was Oct. All I can do now is wait.

I have been sharing my wife’s car when she works from home. Which is only 2 days a week. I have been wfh for a few years already. It’s been a hassle walking my daughter to her after school activities. My XC90 lease ended early June and was cross shopping a couple different makes. It was my fault to wait until my lease ended to start shopping. Inventory was dwindling. By the time I decided on the MY, it was pushed out to Oct from Sept.

Once a week I do think about buying a Q7 or a X5. But electric is the future and Tesla is the way to go, for now. The BMW iX looks enticing but no frunk? The “hood” doesn’t even open.
My EDD is now 10/8-10/21, so, shortening for sure, but still no VIN. It's the third time I'm within the EDD window, but then it gets pushed out just by a few days, and that usually happens on the first or second day of being within the window. Last couple of times it was 10/2-10/22, then 10/3-10/23, now I'm at 10/8-10/21. Lets see if a VIN is coming soon, or, most probably, pushed a few more days out... get used to it.

I have not expectations at this time. And I'm in the same situation as you, sharing a car with my wife because I decided to give my other car to my daughter who is working on her master's degree away from home and needed a car, and since I ordered in July, I was hoping that by now, I'd be driving my new MYLR... wishful thinking for sure :(

My EDD is now 10/8-10/21, so, shortening for sure, but still no VIN. It's the third time I'm within the EDD window, but then it gets pushed out just by a few days, and that usually happens on the first or second day of being within the window. Last couple of times it was 10/2-10/22, then 10/3-10/23, now I'm at 10/8-10/21. Lets see if a VIN is coming soon, or, most probably, pushed a few more days out... get used to it.

I have not expectations at this time. And I'm in the same situation as you, sharing a car with my wife because I decided to give my other car to my daughter who is working on her master's degree away from home and needed a car, and since I ordered in July, I was hoping that by now, I'd be driving my new MYLR... wishful thinking for sure :(
I am in exactly same situation as you. We gave one of our cars to my son, who is away at college. And are now managing with 1 car between my & my wife.

For us, its simpler because I WFH..... but then, now, (as of today) I also have a VIN....

My EDD was 10/9-10/27 and I got VIN today, so hopefully your are almost there......

Reactions: Looree and ejcosta
I am in exactly same situation as you. We gave one of our cars to my son, who is away at college. And are now managing with 1 car between my & my wife.

For us, its simpler because I WFH..... but then, now, (as of today) I also have a VIN....

My EDD was 10/9-10/27 and I got VIN today, so hopefully your are almost there......
Here's hoping for the best and I get a VIN soon as well! Congrats on your VIN!