Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else TX seeing Tesla insurancelink? I tried to get a quote but at the last page it gives me an error and asking me to call CS. I did and they Rep said he had no idea we offered it in Tx. Told me to try tonight and tomorrow morning and if it doesn't work then call them back tomorrow
Screenshot_20211014-185757_Samsung Internet.jpg

Anyone else TX seeing Tesla insurancelink? I tried to get a quote but at the last page it gives me an error and asking me to call CS. I did and they Rep said he had no idea we offered it in Tx. Told me to try tonight and tomorrow morning and if it doesn't work then call them back tomorrowView attachment 721607
Yeah, I'm seeing it now on my page, wasn't there before. I'm definitely looking to changing insurance, but I need home also.

Reactions: Ayaz
Received a text this morning around 8:30 am to schedule delivery. Scheduled for Monday 10/18 between 12 - 4 pm; however, the delivery stated it would be to my house and not the Tesla in Burbank. When we placed the order Tesla stated that home delivery was not available; called Tesla in Burbank to see what was going on and they confirmed home delivery is now available for our area. Great news considering Monday my wife gets off of work at 4 pm and we'd be cutting it close to get down there before they close.

Just called the electrician to come by and install the NEMA 14-50 outlet in the garage and ordering accessories now 😁
You are much better than me. I have a section in our garage filled with accessories, waiting for a car to go in.

true. unique builds seem to deliver earlier than vanilla builds like mine. i believe you can always defer once for a month (not 100% sure how it works) so i would love to get delivery in Jan 1st. i have carted the accessories so many times but am holding off on checking out for now since i am also giving the x5/x7 or the gle a hard look. as much as i want to experience a tesla, i can't justify shelling out 120K for the X and i feel like Y might be a bit tight with 2 kids.
What is considered a unique build?

My ED just slipped back. Was a 20 day window, now a 28 day window.

Was: November 24 - December 14
Was: ED November 11 - December 01
Now: ED November 26 - December 24

Tesla Model Y Long Range, white, 5 seat, black interior, Gemini wheels. Ordered 7/31/2021

I gave up on trying to trade in my old Ford Fusion. When I entered the description it wanted me to attest that it had never had an accident, but it had a fender bender that was fixed perfectly. The "if there is an issue contact us" option appeared to go to the dead letter office. Now the delayed delivery... I decided I should remove that complication.

Anyone else TX seeing Tesla insurancelink? I tried to get a quote but at the last page it gives me an error and asking me to call CS. I did and they Rep said he had no idea we offered it in Tx. Told me to try tonight and tomorrow morning and if it doesn't work then call them back tomorrowView attachment 721607
Tesla Insurance is very reasonable in L.A. but am sticking with State Farm. Have my umbrella with SF and its $500 deductible policy is only $20 a month more than Tesla's $1000 deductible.

One of my biggest fears when I get my MY. Rim savers may definitely be worth it. It’s hard to cast out all the crappy ones tho, based on my research. A lot have reviews saying they came off at some point while driving.
This is the only reason I didn’t buy one pre delivery. Conflicting reviews and I don’t know which one to go with that will stay and work.

I'll be driving my car from Denver to Vail Valley after delivery (predicted Jan/Feb). That should be a real treat on the summer tires. Now if delivery was predictable you could try and pull of a switch at a local tire shop, but given how fluid these things are trying to swap them out is a bear.
Only the Performance vehicles come with summer tires. LR comes with all seasons, which should be okay if the roads are dry. I would definitely get true winter tires though if you potentially could face snow or ice.

Reactions: BitJam
Not delivery related but I have to share my pain. Took delivery of my wife’s MY on 9/16. 5 days later, she scratched the wheels. 2 days ago, she did it again. Less than a month and 2 separate wheels scratched. I’m tempted to put the Gemini with hubcaps on her Y. This is what happens when you’re used to 360 deg view camera when parking.
Now to go find rim savers and wheel repair kit.
PS: this is not meant to shame my dear wife. I’ve scratched a few wheels too. Scratching the inductions just come with a certain misery and that’s what I’m sharing.

View attachment 721529View attachment 721530View attachment 721531
Yikes! I’d take a closer look at the tire shown in your second photo. Maybe take it to a professional. That looks like sidewall damage and could be a safety concern.

Reactions: Spookynick
My ED just slipped back. Was a 20 day window, now a 28 day window.

Was: November 24 - December 14
Was: ED November 11 - December 01
Now: ED November 26 - December 24

Tesla Model Y Long Range, white, 5 seat, black interior, Gemini wheels. Ordered 7/31/2021

I gave up on trying to trade in my old Ford Fusion. When I entered the description it wanted me to attest that it had never had an accident, but it had a fender bender that was fixed perfectly. The "if there is an issue contact us" option appeared to go to the dead letter office. Now the delayed delivery... I decided I should remove that complication.
Same here. Went from a 20 day window to 28 days.