Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Drove by the service center on my way home this afternoon and I’m pretty sure I saw it in the lot, still wrapped in plastic 😁Will call tmrw morning to see if I can get it a day early and let this saga end already…
Called the service center and this time the rep tried to connect me to my usual SA instead of checking themselves which was odd. My SA wasn’t available but they said they’d have them reach out to me when they’re back at their desk 🤷🏻‍♂️ Oh well, I’ll just wait until tomorrow 😬

Reactions: PatrickTM
Another day... no update to EDD :(

Give me my car Tesla!!!
a8f0def27a4676478e47505d784c027b.jpg

You sound just like my brother.
I had to see the chip on his car for myself, and I kid you not. It's like the size of a needle head. I was literally yelling at him in the garage. I'm sure the neighbors were probably thinking a chicken was running loose or something.
But in reality, for someone who wouldn't know about the chip, they wouldn't be able to tell there is a chip even if they went looking. 🙄

Edit: just saw your pickup post. That scuff is ummm well noticeable. You are fully just in being concerned.
Haha, I obtained my Paint OCD when I was waiting for delivery of my 2016 Porsche Macan (car before M3). If you don’t already see paint swirls on every car in the grocery store parking lot, I recommend not acquiring that skill. ;)

@MrWhiskers

Call 888-518-3752. It took me 5 mins yesterday to switch from cash to finance.

Thanks! Got it switched and set up in 5 minutes like you said. Insurance achieved and I'm ready to go!

..... now I keep eyeing up accessories. Feels weird to finally be at this point quite honestly. I don't know what I'm going to do with my down time during work now that I don't have to check the EDD.

Now that I got financing completed, can I pay the down payment with a cashiers check on the day of pick up? I decided to go with Tesla financing for the easier process.

For insurance, when do I have to submit it by? I don’t have a pick up date yet and don’t want to start the policy so soon. Will it delay my pick up date? Does the Tesla SC send the binder over to the insurance company?

I guess the opposite is true for me. I just quoted Progressive and it will go up over $1K for 6 months. Geico, my current ins, will only go up $611 for 6 months. I guess I’ll try Costco.
Based on the discussions on this group, I also tried Costco Connect, however, I got a quote that was almost 3x of my current insurance cost. I am not sure if the agent I talked to made some stupid mistake.

I am continuing with my current insurance (AAA/Mapfre), that will cost almost $1000 for 1 full year to add the Tesla MY. I did have a claim in last 3 months, so maybe that has the negative effect for a switch to new insurance provider.

Called the service center and this time the rep tried to connect me to my usual SA instead of checking themselves which was odd. My SA wasn’t available but they said they’d have them reach out to me when they’re back at their desk 🤷🏻‍♂️ Oh well, I’ll just wait until tomorrow 😬
Blooregard Q. Kazoo (aka Bloo) has arrived!!! Love the way he looks in the sun!!

They called shortly after this and said I could come by anytime! The car was set for touchless delivery but I was paying by cashiers check so I needed to go in for a minute. They made it all too easy - super friendly and considerate!

All the panels were even and everything inside looked good. The lower plastic on the inside doors were dusty, likely from people kicking it leaning in to clean out the rest of the car, but otherwise it was perfect!

Thanks all for pining here with me! I’ll probably stick around here for a few days out of habit 😅 Hope you all get your babies soon!!!

1634931388748.jpeg
1634931410429.jpeg

1634931424494.jpeg

Last edited:
Based on the discussions on this group, I also tried Costco Connect, however, I got a quote that was almost 3x of my current insurance cost. I am not sure if the agent I talked to made some stupid mistake.

I am continuing with my current insurance (AAA/Mapfre), that will cost almost $1000 for 1 full year to add the Tesla MY. I did have a claim in last 3 months, so maybe that has the negative effect for a switch to new insurance provider.
Try progressive also.

But yes, that recent claim has a lot to do with increased premiums. As well as previous history, age, sex, location, avg miles driven, coverage amounts, deductible amount, and a bunch of other things insurance companies tabulate premiums from.

Now that I got financing completed, can I pay the down payment with a cashiers check on the day of pick up? I decided to go with Tesla financing for the easier process.

For insurance, when do I have to submit it by? I don’t have a pick up date yet and don’t want to start the policy so soon. Will it delay my pick up date? Does the Tesla SC send the binder over to the insurance company?
Yup! I paid with a cashiers check. Just email your SA and let them know the amount you plan to pay with it.

Blooregard Q. Kazoo (aka Bloo) has arrived!!! Love the way he looks in the sun!!

They called shortly after this and said I could come by anytime! The car was set for touchless delivery but I was paying by cashiers check so I needed to go in for a minute. They made it all too easy - super friendly and considerate!

All the panels were even and everything inside looked good. The lower plastic on the inside doors were dusty, likely from kicking it people leaning in to clean out the rest of the car, but otherwise it was perfect!

Thanks all for pining here with me! I’ll probably stick around here for a few days out of habit 😅 Hope you all get your babies soon!!!

View attachment 724395View attachment 724396
View attachment 724397
Congrats!!!

All the panels were even and everything inside looked good. The lower plastic on the inside doors were dusty, likely from kicking it people leaning in to clean out the rest of the car, but otherwise it was perfect!

View attachment 724395View attachment 724396
View attachment 724397
Congrats on the new MY…it’s beautiful!