Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My father sent me this article. I find loads of logical fallacies, assumptions, and misleading narrative about charging techniques. It seems quite biased by highlighting the worst case scenario of EVs as if that's the daily experience. Perhaps intentionally biased coming from Detroit..

This guy needs A Better Route Planner. ABRP ASAP. He also needs to familiarize himself with Electrify America stat.

He’s talking about charging his Taycan to 100% and “deadheading” (driving around looking for a DCFC) for 30 minutes at a time. Someone get this dude some help!

Now the accumulation of accessories begins. These are quite costly too.
Essential items for me include:
1- Floor mat (Tesla or 3D maxspider or Tuxmats)- any preference? All are expensive. Is there a decent cheaper option?
2- Mud flap - Tesla
3- microfiber cloth and baby wipes lol haha
4- Teslapucks (lifting Jack pad)
3- screen protector??? Is it needed or just microfiber cloth and water???
1) There are cheaper options, mainly Amazon and eBay but I think it depends on what the weather is like and who will be riding….I have a 9 and 10 year old….I went with Tuxmats

Since your OD is the same as mine and I am also located relatively in the middle of the country, hoping my VIN is not far behind yours.
I have refreshed multiple times more than I normally refresh because we have almost the exact same OD and will be taking delivery at the same place and yet…nothing

Now the accumulation of accessories begins. These are quite costly too.
Essential items for me include:
1- Floor mat (Tesla or 3D maxspider or Tuxmats)- any preference? All are expensive. Is there a decent cheaper option?
2- Mud flap - Tesla
3- microfiber cloth and baby wipes lol haha
4- Teslapucks (lifting Jack pad)
3- screen protector??? Is it needed or just microfiber cloth and water???

I like the 3D Maxspider in my 3. I'm getting another set for the Y.

This guy needs A Better Route Planner. ABRP ASAP. He also needs to familiarize himself with Electrify America stat.

He’s talking about charging his Taycan to 100% and “deadheading” (driving around looking for a DCFC) for 30 minutes at a time. Someone get this dude some help!
I knew it was a ridiculous article when he said it costs $600 to install a level 1 charger…not sure of many garages that don’t have a 110v plug.

I have refreshed multiple times more than I normally refresh because we have almost the exact same OD and will be taking delivery at the same place and yet…nothing
I would think you should be close to a VIN as well as your OD is the same as to @boingolover, you live in the same location (Nashville, TX) and you have close to the same EDD range as @boingolover and myself. The fact that your only "upgrade" is an external color of black may be slowing your VIN. @boingolover had blue external paint and a tow hitch and I have a blue external color, 7 seat, and tow hitch as upgrades. Lately, Tesla seems to be prioritizing orders with more upgrades that presumably provide them greater profit margin.

I would think you should be close to a VIN as well as your OD is the same as to @boingolover and you have close to the same EDD range as @boingolover and myself. The fact that your only "upgrade" is an external color of black may be slowing your VIN. @boingolover had blue external paint and a two hitch and I have an external color, 7 seat, and tow hitch as upgrades. Lately, Tesla seems to be prioritizing orders with more upgrades that presumably provide them greater profit margin.
I actually have Tow and 20s so hoping that pushes me up.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Just texted with an agent and had them switch me to third party financing, figured we'd do USAA with 1.89% on 60 months. DCU would have been a better rate, but I didn't want the hassle of another direct deposit and another checking account. So now to figure out how the payment works.

I know a lot of people mention preferring to pay by cashier's check on delivery day, vs doing it electronically. What are the reasons for doing that? I remember some had concerns about plaid. I see nothing on my account page mentioning plaid, just "Add Bank Account and Pay" (I haven't clicked that yet).

Last edited:
Sorry that was me. By the time I got back from my joyriding and realized my mistake, the edit button has vanished 😅
I think I'm going to try adding passenger lumbar support in the future. From everything I've read, it takes an hour at most to retrofit. I'll just have to get the supplies.

I think I'm going to try adding passenger lumbar support in the future. From everything I've read, it takes an hour at most to retrofit. I'll just have to get the supplies.

I would like to add this as well when mine arrives "February" of "year". If you have a 300 vin, can you check if the wire is still present? I fear that Tesla will eventually update the wiring harness and make this much more difficult.

Reactions: Arkbird