Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I read in Bloomberg this morning that Hertz placed an order for 100K Model 3s. Tesla plant capacity will be diverted from retail orders towards large orders from car rental companies buying at list price. This could be one reason why delivery dates kind of fall off the usual processing time from September. Who knows how many other car rental companies have placed orders for Tesla’s. This could be also one reason Tesla is frequently Increasing prices.
Did anyone else see the story this morning and think, "Back of the line, Hertz!"?

I always parked butt backwards (nose out) with all of my cars, the ones with exhausts out their back 😆. Actually literally everywhere, not just my garage/driveway. I barely pulled nose in anywhere.
It will come in handy with the MY since the outlet is on the inner side of the garage, and the charging port will be closer, once parked nose out.
Heh, I've never parked in a garage in my entire life until I got a Tesla. City living... Side note: my outlet is exactly where my charge port would be if it were nose-in but I'd never! So it's the opposite side of the car. It's hard to climb around the car to even get to the outlet so we leave a UMC plugged in and hang it up over a bike wheel or something to get it within relative reach. City living, again....
Saw someone driving a McLaren down Walnut street by Rittenhouse two weeks ago. Blew my mind someone would have that car on those streets.
The land of valets a plenty... but also some of the best food in the world.
I’ll be pulling into the driveway nose first. I live on a fairly busy street and always having to back in would get tiresome. Also, it was cheaper to install the hpwc right next to the subpanel, which is toward the front of the garage. Hopefully the wc is getting installed tomorrow morning. This is the first car I actually plan to park in a garage.. typically they are filled with the stuff we don’t actually need or ever use but don’t want to throw away.. 🤣
Wow, funny how to me it's the OPPOSITE. If I were on a busy street, I'd never want to nose-first into my driveway because then that means backing out into traffic. I'd rather back into a driveway where I know there are no cars, then have full vision nose-first into traffic. To each her own I guess. But side note, my NEMA 14-50 is right next to my panel, which is the exact wrong place for backing in. (It ends up at the front right side corner of the car; would be perfect for if I did nose-in. BUT - the cables are pretty long so you can usually flip the car's orientation and still be fine. It's def. cheaper to install nearest to the panel.

Now the accumulation of accessories begins. These are quite costly too.
Essential items for me include:
1- Floor mat (Tesla or 3D maxspider or Tuxmats)- any preference? All are expensive. Is there a decent cheaper option?
2- Mud flap - Tesla
3- microfiber cloth and baby wipes lol haha
4- Teslapucks (lifting Jack pad)
3- screen protector??? Is it needed or just microfiber cloth and water???
OEM console inserts are extremely nice.

I saw that article. Looks really biased. Seems like it assumes the worst possible circumstances for charging. Like you have to drive 20-30 minutes and charge at a DC fast charger and wait while you're there. That costs way more time and money than I have seen in reality. Even folks I know who live in the heart of the city don't wind up doing that.
I read it as a poorly written anti-EV hit job by longtime Detroit-based auto consultant. He doesn’t mention tax credits for home chargers. He says “deadhead miles” (miles only driven to get to a charger) as a major cost — I’ve driven about 30 miles these in the last 14,000 miles. It also refers to the “EV tax” as a major cost without offering any specifics. He does the EV cost calcs using “only commercial charging.” I haven’t used a supercharger since August…

The funny thing is that EVs & charging infrastructure have real shortcomings that need to be addressed before mass adoption. But this article doesn’t touch on them.

I read it as a poorly written anti-EV hit job by longtime Detroit-based auto consultant. He doesn’t mention tax credits for home chargers. He says “deadhead miles” (miles only driven to get to a charger) as a major cost — I’ve driven about 30 miles these in the last 14,000 miles. It also refers to the “EV tax” as a major cost without offering any specifics. He does the EV cost calcs using “only commercial charging.” I haven’t used a supercharger since August…

The funny thing is that EVs & charging infrastructure have real shortcomings that need to be addressed before mass adoption. But this article doesn’t touch on them.
Exactly. When my dad gave me his summary of the article, I was immediately skeptical. I wanted to see it for myself and understand the assumptions that went into it. I don't want to start dismissing information just because it doesn't provide me confirmation bias.

But after reading it, it was all off basis. Making EV problems out of issues I've heard or read from no one else. And it completely omits the real world concerns.

Heh, I've never parked in a garage in my entire life until I got a Tesla. City living... Side note: my outlet is exactly where my charge port would be if it were nose-in but I'd never! So it's the opposite side of the car. It's hard to climb around the car to even get to the outlet so we leave a UMC plugged in and hang it up over a bike wheel or something to get it within relative reach. City living, again....

The land of valets a plenty... but also some of the best food in the world.

Wow, funny how to me it's the OPPOSITE. If I were on a busy street, I'd never want to nose-first into my driveway because then that means backing out into traffic. I'd rather back into a driveway where I know there are no cars, then have full vision nose-first into traffic. To each her own I guess. But side note, my NEMA 14-50 is right next to my panel, which is the exact wrong place for backing in. (It ends up at the front right side corner of the car; would be perfect for if I did nose-in. BUT - the cables are pretty long so you can usually flip the car's orientation and still be fine. It's def. cheaper to install nearest to the panel.
That’s interesting, I didn’t think it would reach all the way around the car, glad to hear that it does!

Reactions: PhillyGal
Got the narrower window today like many others Nov 8-18 now, no vin yet, but got my charger installed this morning. It’s definitely the nicest thing in my garage..

Attachments

• 897700E4-933E-4B4F-983E-9CDDB7F1717A.jpeg
    897700E4-933E-4B4F-983E-9CDDB7F1717A.jpeg
    514.5 KB · Views: 54
EDD updated to a 10 day range today! 11/07-11/17. Of course we're gone on a long road trip for half that range, so hopefully we're at the beginning of that range.
My SA has been extremely responsive and gets back to me right away. I've only reached out a few times. Did so again today so they could make a note about an upcoming trip which I've seen others do:

Me: Hello, today my delivery window shrunk to 10 days (7-17 Nov) which I understand is indicative that we're getting very close! Of course we have a road trip planned for a wedding from 11-14 Nov. If there's any way we can work around that (preferably before so we can enjoy it for the trip!), that'd be great. Totally aware it's a complex logistics issue. Thanks! RN# for reference
SA: Good Morning! Right now I still do not see a VIN #. Lets wait a bit until we have that and we can get a true ETA of the car. I will make a note of your trip and work on getting the car here at a good time for you!

Whoo hooo, the voodo tricks I did last night worked and I got the VIN today - estimated delivery is Nov 8 -12.

I need to pull up my socks and get the loan process and ordering the accessories started.

Go #teamMSM
ohhh, we're both on east coast and we have the same config except for wheels and I ordered day after you. If Tesla is working on MSM orders, could a VIN be on the horizon???
What the VIN by the way, still MF???

Anybody know how long Tesla trade in offers are good for? I haven’t added trade to my account because I didn’t want it to expire but I’m not sure when to add it either. If my window holds to what it is now it’ll be a whole month before I expected it..

I read in Bloomberg this morning that Hertz placed an order for 100K Model 3s. Tesla plant capacity will be diverted from retail orders towards large orders from car rental companies buying at list price. This could be one reason why delivery dates kind of fall off the usual processing time from September. Who knows how many other car rental companies have placed orders for Tesla’s. This could be also one reason Tesla is frequently Increasing prices.
I guess Hertz has an opening now. They going to have to hire someone with experience refreshing the page for daily EDD updates.

Just realized I have experience. BRB. Going to apply on indeed.

Ive been inside my EDD twice so far but new EDD shows 10/28-11/6. Really hoping for a November build and a 2022 model year. If I don’t get it, I may put it on hold. Taking delivery on this car in the last week of the model year is probably a 5K+ ding to your value. Let’s goooooooo 2022!

Reactions: Dreene
Anybody know how long Tesla trade in offers are good for? I haven’t added trade to my account because I didn’t want it to expire but I’m not sure when to add it either. If my window holds to what it is now it’ll be a whole month before I expected it..
The trade-in offer is good for 30 days. You should be able to add it after you get your VIN. Or you could add it now if you want, it’s up to you. If I could do it over though, I would’ve just waited for my VIN before adding, instead of having to re-update it every month to keep my order profile current.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Also your Tesla comes with a j1772 adapter already , not sure if you knew this.
It does, but I plan to leave the included adapter in the car at all times so I don't forget it at a home, and leave the other one attached to the Juicebox. I even 3d printed a holder that can accommodate the juicebox cable with the adapter attached and attached it to the wall.

The trade-in offer is good for 30 days. You should be able to add it after you get your VIN. Or you could add it now if you want, it’s up to you. If I could do it over though, I would’ve just waited for my VIN before adding, instead of having to re-update it every month to keep my order profile current.
Awesome. Thank you.

Reactions: Dreene
Good to see some movement. Mine tightened up last night to 10 days. Hopefully we'll see VINs next week.

MYLR5 | White/White | 19" Gemini | No tow | No FSD | OD: 7/16 | EDD: 10/15-11/04; 10/8-10/28; 10/09-10/29; 10/15-11/08; 10/25-11/28; 11/06-11/16
I have the same tightened window as you. Here’s hoping we get a VIN soon 🤞🏽