Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haha I love this!
Only exception I take is M3. M3 will always be the legendary BMW M3 for me, while Model 3 will always be Model 3.
The BMW M3 is a true legend in the automotive world. Literally decades of setting the bar for performance in a mid sized sedan. I would never use "M3" to mean Model 3 anywhere but here. 😃 But if I were to type out "Model 3" as many times as I have "M3" here, I would have wasted approximately 3 hours of my life doing so. 😆

So I did a lot of YouTube reviews and exploring about the delivery day and issues and how to deal with these. Here is my plan FWIW:
1- Expect issues haha and DONT get too caught on the “I paid 72K so it should be perfect” mindset!!!
2- Review thoroughly (2Hours) right in their parking lot noting all issues and adding to the service report HOWEVER; Focus on MAJOR items!!!
2a- Talk to the delivery folks and NOTE the issues BUT REPORT ALL IN ONE GO after driving home via the app service request option
3- Be very polite to the DC folks!!!
4- Speak to them before leaving about issues BUT start prioritizing the MAJOR ones
5- Keep a positive attitude NO MATTER WHAT. As this is after all just a gadget to satisfy one of your ridiculously stupid human unsatisfiable DESIRES!!!!!!
6-MOST IMPORTANTLY: DONT tie your happiness with processing a PERFECT car hahaha

So I did a lot of YouTube reviews and exploring about the delivery day and issues and how to deal with these.

6-MOST IMPORTANTLY: DONT tie your happiness with processing a PERFECT car hahaha
Exactly right. The way I think of it you are paying a premium for the technology and the battery and that drives the price to luxury brand territory. This is not a high end car cosmetically. I had zero problems taking as long as I wanted to go over the car using a Tesla inspection checklist before handing over the check for my M3 and accepting delivery. SA went over the problems I found and other than one that he said was "within spec" he agreed that we needed to put in a service ticket which we did. Everything was fixed the following week at the service center with the exception of something small that needed a part that's on order.
Don't sweat it if you miss something on delivery. You have a day or two where you can add additional things you find to the original service request. Just make sure you note that the problem was found "on delivery."

Last edited:
Exactly right. The way I think of it you are paying a premium for the technology and the battery and that drives the price to luxury brand territory. This is not a high end car cosmetically. I had zero problems taking as long as I wanted to go over the car using a Tesla inspection checklist before handing over the check for my M3 and accepting delivery. SA went over the problems I found and other than one that he said was "within spec" he agreed that we needed to put in a service ticket which we did. Everything was fixed the following week at the service center with the exception of something small that needed a part that's on order.
Don't sweat it if you miss something on delivery. You have a day or two where you can add additional things you find to the original service request. Just make sure you note that the problem was found "on delivery."
How do I report issue post deliver? My roof panel fit is pretty bad. We picked up from SC that’s self service so didn’t get a chance to talk to SA.

Attachments

• 15A99C0C-EF0B-417F-9B48-E2D0B0330B99.jpeg
    15A99C0C-EF0B-417F-9B48-E2D0B0330B99.jpeg
    126.1 KB · Views: 73
Reactions: Oldguywaits
How do I report issue post deliver? My roof panel fit is pretty bad. We picked up from SC that’s self service so didn’t get a chance to talk to SA.
Go into the app and click service and create a service ticket. You choose the category of what you’re reporting and the add notes and include pictures.

So I did a lot of YouTube reviews and exploring about the delivery day and issues and how to deal with these. Here is my plan FWIW:
1- Expect issues haha and DONT get too caught on the “I paid 72K so it should be perfect” mindset!!!
2- Review thoroughly (2Hours) right in their parking lot noting all issues and adding to the service report HOWEVER; Focus on MAJOR items!!!
2a- Talk to the delivery folks and NOTE the issues BUT REPORT ALL IN ONE GO after driving home via the app service request option
3- Be very polite to the DC folks!!!
4- Speak to them before leaving about issues BUT start prioritizing the MAJOR ones
5- Keep a positive attitude NO MATTER WHAT. As this is after all just a gadget to satisfy one of your ridiculously stupid human unsatisfiable DESIRES!!!!!!
It may be different at your DC but with the touch less delivery they’re doing now, they didn’t hang around with us. The documents you need to sign are already in the car, you, sign, drop off and go. You may interact with them for checks and trade in and they don’t linger, at least that was what happened at our delivery. When we tried reporting issues, the guy said open and ticket and put it in there. We had to keep knocking on their office window to get someone to come talk to us. Matter of fact, they cleared us to leave without even taking our trade in. We had to dangle the keys like “y’all don’t want this?”

Just a heads up if they are not so available.

It may be different at your DC but with the touch less delivery they’re doing now, they didn’t hang around with us. The documents you need to sign are already in the car, you, sign, drop off and go. You may interact with them for checks and trade in and they don’t linger, at least that was what happened at our delivery. When we tried reporting issues, the guy said open and ticket and put it in there. We had to keep knocking on their office window to get someone to come talk to us. Matter of fact, they cleared us to leave without even taking our trade in. We had to dangle the keys like “y’all don’t want this?”

Just a heads up if they are not so available.
Very true. I don’t know what is policy at Devon PA center. Last time I went (a month ago) very few even had masks lol
Hopefully they are relaxed now also and I get to interact if needed.
Anybody that took delivery at Devon PA recently?

That's certainly a strong possibility. Also a strong possibility is the thing doesn't pass at all. I will say if it does pass, and it excludes this purchase, it might be slightly tempting to "trade up" at the end of next year after maybe the new batteries launch. But I've waited all I can handle at this point :)
My husband immediately said "maybe we'd order a replacement for the S if is passes." To which I said "I don't want another expensive car, so it'd be trading in the S for a standard range 3... right after trading in the LR3 for a Y.... Nothing makes sense anymore.

Did anyone see these hub caps released by Rimetrix for the Geminis? $290 is a lot of money for hub caps. They look sharp in the pictures, though, and cover the silver wheel completely.

Did anyone see these hub caps released by Rimetrix for the Geminis? $290 is a lot of money for hub caps. They look sharp in the pictures, though, and cover the silver wheel completely.

I've been keeping an eye on them, interested to see if some folks get them what they think of the quality/durability. As you mentioned, I'm not sure I dislike the silver $290 worth...

Has anyone else noticed the text under their EDD has changed?

Updated:

Estimated Delivery: November 03 - November 23​

Delivery timing will update based on configuration availability. We will reach out to schedule your delivery when your VIN is assigned.

It used to be:
We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration.

Could it be a pre-VIN indication since my EDD window starts in only a few days? 🤞

Updated:

Delivery timing will update based on configuration availability. We will reach out to schedule your delivery when your VIN is assigned.

It used to be:
We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration.

Could it be a pre-VIN indication since my EDD window starts in only a few days? 🤞
not sure if it helps, but post vin, mine just says: "We will reach out to schedule your delivery soon" but my delivery window starts after yours at Nov 7... so, who knows.

Updated:

It used to be:

Mine changes as well. EDD starts next weekend unless it gets pushed out.

Reactions: PatrickTM
For those considering Ceramic Coating. Found this video:

I plan to do both the PPF and the ceramic coating myself.

Thinking XPEL for PPF.
Undecided on Ceramic Coating and Top Coat.

4 coats of ceramic coating with 9H and one top coat is what I saw as recommended.
Every time I watch videos like this I think "yeah, I need that!" Then I think how expensive it is and how extra pissed I'd be in an accident. I think I'll just DIY the ceramic coating.

Every time I watch videos like this I think "yeah, I need that!" Then I think how expensive it is and how extra pissed I'd be in an accident. I think I'll just DIY the ceramic coating.
Same…
We’re you thinking PPF too or not? Sounds like not. However, based on the video sounds like PPF is a good add too.

Reactions: PatrickTM